VuRaL

wanna make it a real MMO? devs read this.

I'd second the really large maps and servers, I've always liked this idea a lot.

A server can't even handle 32 players with a ping difference of 100ms without falling into the yellow or worse red chain of death mode...partly thanks to admins adding stuff in in the mod and scripts not done properly in mod and sa ( and i'm not talking about alpha it will also be in the final as always, BIS disappoint me this time and release a product that has proper scripting then this will be a first. )

1k player servers will never happen.  This would require a whole overhaul of the software the game is built on and would require the game to be completely redesigned. Think before you speak.

I made my thinking and spoke the come out. I can understand that you have no idea about servers, bandwidths, hardware and just talk on your experience with silly FPS hosts.

With today's hardware even 10k is possible, all you need to do is adjust your codes while your game is at development state, just like in alpha...

@HellGuy There is already going to be so much stuff implemented, so many things to be lined up and debugged. 80 people max on the current map is all we need anyway (at least until it expands). Any more and the game turns from DayZ to Wasteland. For example take a look at this refined document from the Russian Forums..

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/139952-russian-community-consolidated-suggestions-a-huge-presentation-for-rocket/

As for turning it into an RPG... :huh: Well maybe you don't know the potential of this game, where Rocket and the team want it go, where the community wants it go and where it is going to go. The devs have already decided its direction and its not going to be like anything else before. Its like when League of Legends became the next big thing and pushed DotA into the nostalgia cupboard. If you really want to play something like Ultima Online or WoW go PLAY those games. DayZ is not those games.. and hopefully never will be. Rocket doesn't want to suck your wallet dry like Blizzard. He wants a tough, unforgiving Survival Horror Game that provides powerful human experiences that reach out and touch the player.

My two cents.. (please don't take it too hard, but its the truth)

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS
  • Like 1

@HellGuy There is already going to be so much stuff implemented, so many things to be lined up and debugged. 80 people max on the current map is all we need anyway (at least until it expands). Any more and the game turns from DayZ to Wasteland. For example take a look at this refined document from the Russian Forums..

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/139952-russian-community-consolidated-suggestions-a-huge-presentation-for-rocket/

As for turning it into an RPG... :huh: Well maybe you don't know the potential of this game, where Rocket and the team want it go, where the community wants it go and where it is going to go. The devs have already decided its direction and its not going to be like anything else before. Its like when League of Legends became the next big thing and pushed DotA into the nostalgia cupboard. If you really want to play something like Ultima Online or WoW go PLAY those games. DayZ is not those games.. and hopefully never will be. Rocket doesn't want to suck your wallet dry like Blizzard. He wants a tough, unforgiving Survival Horror Game that provides powerful human experiences that reach out and touch the player.

My two cents.. (please don't take it too hard, but its the truth)

Sobaka

TYS

Thanks for replying. As the game is in development, discussing things would help it get better and every idea worth reading or giving a thought.

Here is a fact why i ask for a little more players on this map;

I spawned close to factory, at east. Ran in to construction, looted, kept heading north till i reach the air port. From there i ran to black mountain, then the castle. From there I ran to communication tower or what ever it is called. From there to a major city and down to the military base. I finally logged out in bush around military base.

Server population was 30-35, I have seen 0 people. I have shot around 15 zombies.

So IMO we clearly need more players... Or I can just run back to shore get a camping position on good sniping position and shot the ducks which is quite pointless for me and I would never prefer to do so.

Other things that I was talking about are just things that can increase the flavor of the game for the explorers like me.

• Like 1

I assume if you have an airborne virus a lot of people ( like 99%ish ) could be affected leaving a wasteland humanwise. What we need is the other 99 zeds/player that are missing.

We need more zeds and people I agree. But only enough people that it keeps the feeling that you're in the 'Apocalypse setting'. Wait about a year until all the high priority things are underway then the speed will pick up and things will be implemented. If you want the devs to look at the codes and improve it now why its still in development, try and let them know by all means. You have my beans sir if that's it. I just don't want it to turn into hotkey mashing, skill/perk/mastery/class grinding, Super-Gamey dumbed down SurvivalRPG. That is my fear. I want it Rockets way.

Sobaka

TYS

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. As the game is in development, discussing things would help it get better and every idea worth reading or giving a thought.

Here is a fact why i ask for a little more players on this map;

I spawned close to factory, at east. Ran in to construction, looted, kept heading north till i reach the air port. From there i ran to black mountain, then the castle. From there I ran to communication tower or what ever it is called. From there to a major city and down to the military base. I finally logged out in bush around military base.

Server population was 30-35, I have seen 0 people. I have shot around 15 zombies.

So IMO we clearly need more players... Or I can just run back to shore get a camping position on good sniping position and shot the ducks which is quite pointless for me and I would never prefer to do so.

Other things that I was talking about are just things that can increase the flavor of the game for the explorers like me.

I played last night on fully populated server (40 players) and i met several fresh spawns and found loads of bandits.

Then huge fire fight broke out and there was at least 15 people on that same town shooting and freshspawns showed up

running to crossfire like idiots, just to loot the dead during a fight (Needless to say the town was a graveyard afterwards).

So its not matter player size, but where you travel. There is no reason to find people in areas that have absolutely no value,

that is why traveling in northern forests is relatively safe way to travel, but if you head to coastline or western military bases, then

you are bound to find other people on populated servers.

Massive player scale would just break the game and cause massive graveyards i had last night.

• Like 1

I'd second the really large maps and servers, I've always liked this idea a lot.

I agree, although you may risk losing the feeling of a apocalypse if there are like 1000+ players on a map :/

I agree, although you may risk losing the feeling of a apocalypse if there are like 1000+ players on a map :/

I agree, but maybe if the spawns were varied across, but then a problem would come up with people killing themselves to get to their friends. So I guess that it probably wouldn't work anyway...

I agree, but maybe if the spawns were varied across, but then a problem would come up with people killing themselves to get to their friends. So I guess that it probably wouldn't work anyway...

Agreed  :thumbsup:

I think it's more about Balance as opposed to players. IN an open world game with finite spawn points you will always havea  problem of people killing themselves to get a better spot

I think if we combined the best mods (overwatch, vanilla, and epoch) it would be amazing. Crafting from epoch, the weapons from Overwatch, and the various features on vanilla would make it amazing. Also improve grouping. Add a group bonus for players, like a small buff if you have four or more players. Use the grouping system from Wasteland for example. I think removing the side, global, group chats would also improve it. Instead, have radios be required to chat across the map. Even add in some feature to hack into a conversation. In general, i feel Dayz is so easy for those who have played before, and that makes it boring. So instead of having random loot spawns, make it more realistic. Obviously you aren't going to find a random weapon or a can of beans in a  deer stand.

Going to need a pretty big bottle to fit a entire gas station in there.  Explosion will be pretty though!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think dayz is fine the way it is.  THis seems like it will just lag a lot.  MMO's are REALLY high mantience on the devs.  (That is why a lot of them have subscription fee's.)

Obviously thats not what he meant. It doesnt requrie a whole lot of brain power to infer what he meant.