VuRaL

wanna make it a real MMO? devs read this.

I have been playing MMO's for so long. Since the first days of Ultima Online (1997) to last days of WoW (at least for me when Blitz decided to milk the players...)

I simply find DayZ as new born sister of Ultima Online. It was same when you die, you die and looting on same. PvP and PvE was with same (Dragons and golems instead of zombies). You could tame a ride now we can fix a car. We collected herbs to cast spells, now we collect pieces of guns and ammo.

Biggest difference is you were able to trains skills and some stats which was being carried with your soul to a new body but you had run as a ghost to a healer in able revive. Skills were letting you build better equipment as skill developed but UO had a bank where you can store things and let you build houses so safe keep those valuables. I am not asking skills to be placed in game. It would ruin lots of things.

Other difference was, it was a played from a fixed top camera where we play DayZ as FPS now. 

What I suggest now is;

• Allow bigger servers as UO did, 1k players maybe more. (but we will need bigger maps)
  • Fix loot to server to prevent hopping.
  • Zombie infested areas would provide better loot to push players grouping where more betraying will come in to play.
  • Do not let players logging off instantly when engaged in combat or wounded. At the moment you can log of after taking one or two shots from a player, log off and log in later or to another server and heal up. 10 - 15 second logging off delay would solve this for good.
  • Add more craft-able items. For example;
  • finding a sewing machine and a 3 pants would provide a new pants with more pockets.
  • A glass bottle and a gas station would be good lava bomb etc.
These can be increased in number...

Items are the soul of the MMO. Loosing them is the soul of our DayZ. More items, more players = more fun...

Edited by HellGuy
  • Like 4

Zombie infested areas would provide better loot to push players grouping where more betraying will come in to play.

Oh yes! And guilds, factions, epic orange cuirasses of Cherno and swords of Elektro! :lol: :lol: :lol:

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

• Like 3

Actually alot of this is already planned for the future (crafting, more players/zombies per server).  Once things get rolling and the base architecture of the game is as sturdy as they need it, things will expand quite a bit.

Items are the soul of the MMO. Loosing them is the soul of our DayZ. More items, more players = more fun...

More items..but less spawn of high tier, make shit rare. I don't want to be fully geared in thirty minutes, and that is what it is atm which is annoying. I want to work for that shit and feel like it was a fuck yeah moment when i found a double mag for my M4 instead of chucking them away because there is so many of these 'rare' things. More players ? Expand the map and then we can have more, current map with even 100-150 players ? fuck that. ( i know you already said expand the map) 1000 players going to need instances and a lot more work, underground rail, sewers etc.

Hang in for the ride and see where it goes in a year or so. I have hopes of a Namalsk type region tacked on the top North, a fucking monster mountain range, a couple of decent islands and expansion west down the coast.

• Like 8

I simply find DayZ as new born sister of Ultima Online. 

Yes, I've thought that myself. The freedom of completely making what you want out of the game, coupled with the danger of being able to lose everything in an instant is very UO (pre EA). DayZ is the first game I've played since that has the same feeling. 

• Like 1

..and also, whatever you have thought, the devs have more than likely thought it and a hundred different offshoots of that idea as well. The fuckers are gamers like us so of course they have :) It is all down to how it is implemented, what is possible with the engine and everything that goes with that.  Lets all cross our fingers and hope they can pull off some seriously cool shit.

• Like 3

I WANT RAID FINDER

sarcasm intended actually i liked all the 4 specific points you pointed out so im a give you  :beans: on this one

Hang in for the ride and see where it goes in a year or so. I have hopes of a Namalsk type region tacked on the top North, a fucking monster mountain range, a couple of decent islands and expansion west down the coast.

Yes! I loved the Namalsk map something along those lines past the North of the current map would be a very nice addition. Maybe only accessible by a couple of roads in but then opening up once you're up onto the high plain plateau, with the wind howling and the temperature freezing. The occassional S.T.A.L.K.ER bloodsucker maybe thrown in too like in the mod ;)

Edited by Richard III in Leicester

..and also, whatever you have thought, the devs have more than likely thought it and a hundred different offshoots of that idea as well. The fuckers are gamers like us so of course they have :) It is all down to how it is implemented, what is possible with the engine and everything that goes with that.  Lets all cross our fingers and hope they can pull off some seriously cool shit.

I am sure they did, I just wanted to give my thoughts out as an old gamer who have seen first days of computer gaming and grown with games. I like DayZ now and I will be around to try getting at a better spot.

• Like 1

Well at least he has first hand experience, landscape, survivability, the overall feeling of it, sheer awesomeness that comes from that sort of accomplishment and that damn view. .. that's all gotta count for something :)

• Allow bigger servers as UO did, 1k players maybe more. (but we will need bigger maps)

Well...Would be awesome. BUT from what I have seen from my days in missionbuilding for ACE its not a thing that is realistic with an ARMA based engine.

With a lot of optimization we can be happy to get the 40 player servers running properly.  If the SA ever makes it up to 100 players per server that would be quite an achievment.

As long as the NSA doesnt give a copy of their supercomputer to Mr.Rocket hosting a 1k player server is just a dream. IMHO of course....

With the bigger maps i am totally on your side though.

• Like 1

At the moment you couldn't get 1000 players on a server, its all just a massive cluster-fuck because there is very little incentive to leave the coast, having 1000 people spread between cherno and electro would be horrible, i want a reason why i should make the long run to Stary, i want a reason why i should visit krasnatov, because there isn't one atm. However as soon as players are spread across all the cities, THEN you can think about 200, 300 MAYBE even 1000 player servers. which to be honest sounds awesome. oh and yeah a bigger map would encourage more explanation.

i never played many MMO's, this game you talk of Ultima Online came out the year i was born but this idea sound very good and, if the devs are considering what people write in the suggestion area of the forum dayz's future is looking very bright indeed

Edited by jasher

I find this topic name confusing, the term MMO doesnt mean it has to be massive in aspect of player size.

id say playing 40 player survival on 230km^2 world is pretty massive.

Also please stop complaining about the absence of items, it is on ALPHA stage so developer is focusing

on optimizing the game. However feel free to make suggestions about items and such, but keep in mind

we are long way from final product.

At the moment you couldn't get 1000 players on a server, its all just a massive cluster-fuck because there is very little incentive to leave the coast, having 1000 people spread between cherno and electro would be horrible, i want a reason why i should make the long run to Stary, i want a reason why i should visit krasnatov, because there isn't one atm. However as soon as players are spread across all the cities, THEN you can think about 200, 300 MAYBE even 1000 player servers. which to be honest sounds awesome. oh and yeah a bigger map would encourage more explanation.

i never played many MMO's, this game you talk of Ultima Online came out the year i was born but this idea sound very good and, if the devs are considering what people write in the suggestion area of the forum dayz's future is looking very bright indeed

How about exploration..the journey to said places, the things that happen on the way ? I have met so many wackos/ weirdos/ paranoids/ good guys on my many many journeys inland that it makes the coast redundant. Use your imagination just a scrap dude.

I find this topic name confusing, the term MMO doesnt mean it has to be massive in aspect of player size.

id say playing 40 player survival on 230km^2 world is pretty massive.

Also please stop complaining about the absence of items, it is on ALPHA stage so developer is focusing

on optimizing the game. However feel free to make suggestions about items and such, but keep in mind

we are long way from final product.

MMO stands for Massive Multiplayer Online not for Massive Map Online. :)

Edited by Guest

I have said this many a time, but this is my ultimate super wow hope for someday. Then we can talk about 300-400 player servers. On a map like what we have now 100 players per server is a max. 

ArmA2_Chernarus_factbook_map.jpg

Pwease Senchi pweeeeeeaaaase?

• Like 5

Yeah make it like the MMOs where you press 1-9 for combos and don't have to aim maybe then KoSers lose their interest and turn to another game.

Yeah make it like the MMOs where you press 1-9 for combos and don't have to aim maybe then KoSers lose their interest and turn to another game.

When i saw your post, I understand that you have no idea of the samples of MMO i mentioned and what an RPG means...

I hope this game doesn't become an MMO. It already has its unique niche in the gaming world and shouldn't try to be something it isn't. Just let it take its own course and everything will be fine. Trust Rocket and the team..

My two cents.

Sobaka,

TYS

I hope this game doesn't become an MMO. It already has its unique niche in the gaming world and shouldn't try to be something it isn't. Just let it take its own course and everything will be fine. Trust Rocket and the team..

My two cents.

Sobaka,

TYS

Game is already MMO, it is not just another MMORPG. I like it this way but creating a richer game play will not harm the game anyway.

• Like 1

• A glass bottle and a gas station would be good lava bomb etc.

Going to need a pretty big bottle to fit a entire gas station in there.  Explosion will be pretty though!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I think dayz is fine the way it is.  THis seems like it will just lag a lot.  MMO's are REALLY high mantience on the devs.  (That is why a lot of them have subscription fee's.)

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

Its easy to give a bunch of ideas, and think SA has plenty of it, the other thing is getting them into the game.

DayZ Standalone will be an MMO, not an MMORPG. However comparing them to mmorpg's it will come up with many things in common, they will just make it work differently into the SA as it is a different type of gameplay.