Sign in to follow this  
SageZ

Char wiped 3 times in a row.

Can devs publish a freaking statement on this, obviously its on their end if this is happening to everyone out of nowhere? I have had this happen to me before but not 3 times in a row. The game is literary unplayable at this point since i cant change server or I lose all my shit.

Edited by SageZ
  • Like 1

Yeah I've had similar issues, a fresh spawn whenever I switch servers or re-join a server.

BTW, try and find a appropriate thread to post this to, if everyone posts their issues like this the forums get clogged up and the developers can't efficiently work through the problems.

Myself and a bunch of friends are currently trying to play.  We are rubber banding like crazy and they keep losing their characters as well.  There is a problem with the servers at the moment I believe.

I think the main hive is down, so when your client can't retrieve character date, you spawn as new.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1ucopo/is_day_z_being_laggy_today/cegqgza

EDIT: Just pasting the comment here as well:

"Probably shouldn't delete your character, but it might cause you to spawn in disconnected from the central hive. If the game server is unable to get a response from the central server to a player login before it times out, then it will simply carry on with a fresh character.

I'll need to check, but its possible that this fresh character might overwrite your existing one in the DB, if the game server regains connection to the central server. I'll investigate some more and report back next week."

This tweet from Hicks is also relevant:

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/419217633540440064

Edited by Terrorviktor

database down, this happened before. 

If you stay off until it comes back up, you shouldn't lose your stuff. 

If you're on when it comes back up, your old stats will be overwritten.

That was our groups experience last time this happened. 

Oh i just made a post on this same topic and just saw this one lol.

Dayz is also completly unplayable for me today, rubber banding constantly and charactor wipe everytime i switch server

Of course it is, the Hive is being DDoS'ed hard

Yep 10gb/s DDoS

No, not really...

I've not had many issues with the character wipe until last night. Tried to play it and kept getting disconnected. Every time I spawned in on a server, whether I'd just been on it or not, I was having to start as a new spawn. I eventually just gave up.

Some good info in this thread.  I was wondering why I was reset 4 times last night.

Is there a status page for the hive?  Somewhere we can make sure it's up before inadvertently wiping our character?

Or is there a news source I missed where they announce it's status?

Some good info in this thread.  I was wondering why I was reset 4 times last night.

Is there a status page for the hive?  Somewhere we can make sure it's up before inadvertently wiping our character?

Or is there a news source I missed where they announce it's status?

Yeah, would be nice to know when it's safe to play.

I realise you shouldn't get attached to your gear but when your character keeps getting wiped and you spend hours collecting the same gear, well, that no fun either.