ninjan777

Painful story

In my last dayz life found a mosin and 40 rounds for it, unpacked them and loaded five of them into the mosin. Now I was finally gonna go north on an adventure, I just had to make it out of the apartment buildings alive and I was good to go... but just as I was going to try out my new shiny weapon on some zombies i fell of the rooftoop out of excitement and died... from 3 metres falling on my feet ;_;

I've died twice now from ridiculous falls and if it ever happens again I'l cry for real.

So do you people have any painful stories to share so i can feel better?

//Edit: Move this if I posted in the wrong section x)

Edited by ninjan777
  • Like 1

Yes. I do. My friend was fully geared in camo gear and an M4 with a myriad of beauteous attachments. He is also relatively new to the game. He didn't know you could roll while prone. He rolled off the top of the hospital in Cherno. We had to go guard his body for quite some time until he could find his way back, 

I was geared like a damn soldier with a fewhundreds (no joke) shots for my M4 including my favorite attachements. 

Climed up a ladder. 

You know the rest of the story. 

Then I ran some kilometers to find my corpse back. But when I arrived, some Z's killed me, because I wasn't able to aim with the crowbar >_O 

I was in berezino, on the third floor balcony of an apartment building. I pulled out my axe, but that pushed me off the edge and i spawned all the way down in balota.

Also in berezino, I climbed a ladder only to fall right back down and take heavy damage when i reached the top. I am a little ashamed to say I climbed up again and died...

In my last dayz life found a mosin and 40 rounds for it, unpacked them and loaded five of them into the mosin. Now I was finally gonna go north on an adventure, I just had to make it out of the apartment buildings alive and I was good to go... but just as I was going to try out my new shiny weapon on some zombies i fell of the rooftoop out of excitement and died... from 3 metres falling on my feet ;_;

I've died twice now from ridiculous falls and if it ever happens again I'l cry for real.

I've fallen about 10 feed before (the ladder to the top of the school). My guy made a crunchy noise and was groaning for a while but i didn't die or get broken legs

I've been decked out twice now since buying the game 2 days ago. Both times finding a magnum with ammo and lots of storage on the clothes, a mountain backpack full of food, drink and medical supplies of all sorts. just getting ready in one of the major towns on the cost for the military base thinking i should give it a try. Took a break on the first character before making the long hike only to log back in and have everything stripped away and starting fresh with a flashlight all over againstanding on the shore. With the second character and all the gear. I left the town heading for a cabin i knew had a well to stock up on thirst only to be shot at and killed by somone in a tower on a no kill server. But for some reason i keep logging back in and trying to see how well i can do before the game crashes yet again, for the 20th"ish" time.

You wan't painful story? How about this

Respawned 28x times in the same spot.

Got fully geared and reset about 15 times in  in week

Was camping building and not moving - full gear - just to read "your dead" and to see that im somehow have fallen trough wall on the ground and died outside the building i was in ( wtf ) . ( wasn't moving )

Had been killed 2 times ( while i was fully geared ) by a guy who just teleported to me.

so... how about my  72 hrs on record - painful stories?

Edited by sYs
  • Like 2

You wan't painful story? How about this

Respawned 28x times in the same spot.

Got fully geared and reset about 15 times in  in week

Was camping building and not moving - full gear - just to read "your dead" and to see that im somehow have fallen trough wall on the ground and died outside the building i was in ( wtf ) . ( wasn't moving )

Had been killed 2 times ( while i was fully geared ) by a guy who just teleported to me.

so... how about my  72 hrs on record - painful stories?

woa that shit would make me go insane

• Like 1

Does getting rubberbanded through wall on the second floor while geared with pimped out M4, complete militaty grade equipment and full backpack of food, ammo and meds still count?

I'm not mad when I die from shot, starvation, zombies and so on, but this just drives me up the wall.

Edited by Ranadaine

I feel your pain! I was finally decked out in all the right gear ready to go up north to the air strip and went up inside a deer hut mid map and I glitched off and broke my legs. I crawled for an hour looking for some sticks to make a dame splint and I found nada.

Over a two week period in the mod I scavenged every neccessary item to complete a full build of the 'little bird' chopper single-handedly. Imagine the time and effort.

It was about 2am on the west coast, and the time was ripe for when the overseas koreans started joining in, a real danger on this particular server. The player count

started rising and I was hastily engaged in the final moments of fueling. I had to take the chance of filling her up just enough for a take off and make a bee line to

safer fuel depot, away from the airfield. Engine start, waypoint generated, off we go. The chopper is mine. Kept it low and fast and had the landing in sight when the

low fuel warning generated within less then two hundred meters of my target. The engine quit, I did my best for a glide thinking I can still make this. I hit a tree, exploded, bailed

out in a ditch effort to save my ass. I died within meters of the fuel tank, next to where my body lay. That's some fucking pain.

Pass 10 hours (counted) gathering food, water and tools, but no sign of weapons for some reason (wasn't server hopping).

Sight a mosin in a barn.

Walk up stairs.

Fall outside it.

Dead.

I just went to nervously pet my guinea pig.

Missed the ladder on the way down from a deerstand..

End game geared...

DayZ giveth and DayZ taketh (take while kicking you in the nuts laughing its ass off)

• Like 1

You guys must be pushing the limits or something...

- 58 hours on record so far

- 3 deaths plus the wipe, all 3 from mosin shots out of nowhere and before 1st person servers and totally legit as far as I know.

- Never had any reset or critical issue so far.

- Never crashed, got disconnected, had issue connecting or severe desync. At most, it's temporary desync, but nothing really noticeable.

- Only suffer rare slight rubber-banding on maxed out servers but almost never on my usual server, which restarts automatically every 3-4 hours.

- Most common bug is the "pain yells" from character that just won't stop unless you reconnect.

Overall, it's been a crazy smooth ride here so far. Yes there are tons of a little issues with gear management, zombies, hotbar and the like, but nothing major and all can be worked around very easily.

Maybe it's because I take my time and don't sprint/run all the time? Hopefully they'll be able to isolate what causes the issues for some of you guys...

Edited by Mutonizer

Edited by Guest

Edited by Guest

58 Hours and 3 deaths? I call BS

You either:

Play in Empty servers

Don't go to known areas (Zeleno,Kamenka Base,Balota,Cherno,Elektro,Vybor,Kabanino Base,Airfields,Solnichniy)

You're too fkn OP

I've got 74 hours in and I've never been killed by anyone yet. I frequent the places you mention. Baby Huey you just don't have the survival instinct.

Edited by okiimatsu

58 Hours and 3 deaths? I call BS

You either:

Play in Empty servers

Don't go to known areas (Zeleno,Kamenka Base,Balota,Cherno,Elektro,Vybor,Kabanino Base,Airfields,Solnichniy)

You're too fkn OP

I usually play on the same couple servers, especially now that they are 1st person servers, and depending on time of day/week ranges from 5 to 40. They are constantly 30+ during evenings.

I usually go round the map, town to town but now I do avoid airfields since I have no use for military gear.

On my current life (started with the wipe), my only visible weapon is a holstered magnum, I walk a lot and pretty much only use roads. I never combat logged nor server hopped either so far (and not planning to).

However, I play VERY, VERY carefully, constantly check my surrounding and remain on the ball. I've been shot at but usually notice them in time (that's the beauty of 1st person servers) or they miss the first bullet (or doesn't kill me) then I'm already sprinting to cover and working my way out.

I'm probably gonna die at some point with this character because I'm really playing a bit "naive", completely in the open, never weapon drawn and whatnot, but I'm actually quite surprised to still be alive. However, I credit this to 1st person servers because now, if you can see me, I can see you too and I'm VERY observant in ARMA.

Above all, I don't do stupid. Any threat whatsoever and my first instinct is find to cover, then get the hell out!

Once I die I'll probably go back to survivalist good guy play-style, I do miss having an M4 at the ready when checking building :)

Edit: And no, there's not "RP" servers and whatnot. Just the random few with 3PP:OFF that provide decent auto restart timers and stability.

Edited by Mutonizer

Edited by Guest

Part of a squad of 5 looting Cherno. Two have mosins with long range scopes, the other 3 have M4s with various attachments. Myself and the other mosin guy climb the "sniper tower" to look around and cover the other three while they loot (we were not climbing it for kills, purely because it is one of the best places in Cherno to have a full view of the city).

I spot a guy near the fire station. My friend tries to lean to see where our squad is. Forgets he's prone on the edge of the tower. The last thing I see is his backpack disappearing over the edge of the building.

Iv yet to be killed by another player in 96 hours, the servers kill me with resets every day though.

Also looked out a window to make sure no one was outside, turned around and my legs broke. Must have slipped on a banana...

• Like 1

Part of a squad of 5 looting Cherno. Two have mosins with long range scopes, the other 3 have M4s with various attachments. Myself and the other mosin guy climb the "sniper tower" to look around and cover the other three while they loot (we were not climbing it for kills, purely because it is one of the best places in Cherno to have a full view of the city).

I spot a guy near the fire station. My friend tries to lean to see where our squad is. Forgets he's prone on the edge of the tower. The last thing I see is his backpack disappearing over the edge of the building.

Hehe, yea, that probably kills a lot of people :)

On a slightly different subject, I assume (perhaps wrongly) that you folks use external communication tools in your squad? While every one is totally free to do what they want in this regard, I feel that feedback/comments given while using such external tools cannot be in the same category as the ones given while using nothing but DayZ whatsoever.

Not saying one is "better" or anything, but they are just two COMPLETELY different experience, bit like someone using a map of Chernarus in his browser and someone only using in-game stuff. Each have very valid experiences, but they cannot be shared or discussed or even mixed together.

DayZ life without any external tool is NOT DayZ life with external tools...It's like two different games.

Well, I'm a total noob and I keep getting killed by well-geared bandits while I'm unarmed. A couple lives ago, I had finally found myself food, a weapon and a couple other items that a noob like me would love. This is by far the furthest progress I had made so far in Day-Z. I'm in some town on the coast in a building when I see two armed bandits approach. They spot me almost instantly and shoot, almost hitting me. I sprinted out of the back of the house towards some trees. I hear more gun shots further off - the bandits are right on the railroad tracks. The bullets stop and I look back to where the bandits were, one is either unconscious or dead (I can't tell the difference because I suck). I watch as a bunch of zombies start running into the woods. 

By now I've figured out that the person who shot the 2nd bandit was in the woods where I was running.

I run back towards the dead bandit and pick up his pistol and ammo. At this point I hear more gunshots, presumably from his bandit-buddy and I take off down the coastal road. I get to the next town safely and enter some sort of fire station-like building with four stories. I get to the top and find a chest holster. Just as I start walking back down the ladder, I glitch through some wall falling 3-4 stories to my death.

Even worse, my body glitches its way into the ground somehow so that when I go back to where I fell, I can't even get the gear back.

get off the coast for fucks sake.

If i newspawned the firt 2-3 days i just ran...filled up my water when i could and looted inland. All you people staying at the coast ASK to be shot.

I got "decked out" almost every time i play.

The only thing missing at times is the damm can openener and my beloved copy of "robinson cruso".

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

Was alive with my char 4 days. Kicking. Play for 2 hours, today - logout but stay in main menu. Come back after 30minutes, hit play! im naked on a beach. wut? ( didn't got killed while in loading )