ninjan777

Painful story

The real problem is that this game is still using the Arma engine. The engine itself is quite good, as a simulator, but not for an intense game as DayZ should offer. I feel personally a bit of a disappointment because I thought "Standalone" will mean Standalone. I mean yeah, we don't have to get Arma in order to play the game, but this game uses same structure as before with a different UI, and that's about it. With over 800 (correct me if I'm wrong on this one) copies sold, I would have hire a good bunch of developers a develop a whole new, better engine to the game.

But yeah, that's about it. I'm still playing DayZ because I am enjoying the long gameplays it provides. I still love it.

Edited by Bestburg

The real problem is that this game is still using the Arma engine. The engine itself is quite good, as a simulator, but not for an intense game as DayZ should offer. I feel personally a bit of a disappointment because I thought "Standalone" will mean Standalone. I mean yeah, we don't have to get Arma in order to play the game, but this game uses same structure as before with a different UI, and that's about it. With over 800 (correct me if I'm wrong on this one) copies sold, I would have hire a good bunch of developers a develop a whole new, better engine to the game.

But yeah, that's about it. I'm still playing DayZ because I am enjoying the long gameplays it provides. I still love it.

Depends what you mean by intense though....early Arma2 DayZ mod was pretty intense I think!

Oh, and it's 800 000, not 800 ;)