daniels

DayZ Is Officially Ruined(Player Wise)

I believe KOS culture is critical to the game, I myself like to always approach every situation as 'friendly' but I don't expect others to do the same, I am always ready to shoot back at someone who shoots at me. If there was no KOS mentality, the game would just be a PvE sandbox in which there would be no tension at all. There have already been moves to try and reduce the number of KOS incidents in the SA, the fact that weapons and ammo are harder to find and that items are damaged in the shootout all help, but I feel if we go too far down this road then we will lose the paradigm that makes DAYZ great.

The most fun you usually have is in the gearing up phase, because you are striving to get better stuff, It is then the fear of losing this gear that makes the game exciting. We don't have the fear of zombies that we do of bandits, and without them you may as well play Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising. It is the true human interaction, and its unpredictable nature, that makes DAYZ the greatest gaming experience today.

Couldn't have put it better.

Edited by Mojojoejoe_91

Welcome to DayZ:SA where the rules don't matter and everybody dies.

Rules..... what rules..... T___T

Trust me, you would be pretty scared of people in real life if a zombie apocalypse, or any other kind of apocalypse would happen. The amount of thievery and violence will be so big it's probably impossible to speculate about it before it happens. The mankind IS the worst threat out there. Sure I would not shoot someone if I stumbled upon them, but I would sure aim my gun at their head!

What do you mean it ruins the survival feeling? Do you really think zombies will be the only problem in the apocalyptic world? Of course not, there will be people wanting the supplies you have and WILL kill you. Better watch your back buddy because zombies isn't the only problem you're going to be facing.

Realistically would you kill someone for having a can of beans? (talking about in REAL life and WITHOUT being conditioned to killing people)

Still not seeing why people complain about KoS. It is going to happen... even if the devs decided to somehow punish people for doing it, you will still randomly keel over and die instantly after hearing a gunshot.

I know this because I actively played many games where Open PvP is allowed. Even in games like dekaron and wushu that would punish player killing, you would gain infamy after killing people and be sent to jail afterwards if you died, possibly having to stay logged in afk for days. The result? Massive groups of people would slaughter every single person in an area and control that place until they got bored. The "bandits" became the "law".

We don't want this game to end up like runescape. That game was actually good way back when... the wilderness was actually wild and you could kill people/steal their gear. Because of all the stupid kids and people complaining about PvP, they removed it, removing one of the greatest joys of endgame.

I'm in.  I keep trying to help new spawns.  I keep hard cases with pistols in holsters, a clip and a bottle of water.  I give my gifts to thise who are in need... and get shot on sight for it... now if I was in a group... approaching a possible hostile alone can easily mean instant death... but with cover... communication is possible.

Remember bandits only care about what they have... so... if they are outnumbered... chances are they will play along to either get away to live to fight and steal again... or wait for an opportunity to stab you in the back. 

Anyway, shoot me a PM with the details.

Still not seeing why people complain about KoS. It is going to happen... even if the devs decided to somehow punish people for doing it, you will still randomly keel over and die instantly after hearing a gunshot.

I know this because I actively played many games where Open PvP is allowed. Even in games like dekaron and wushu that would punish player killing, you would gain infamy after killing people and be sent to jail afterwards if you died, possibly having to stay logged in afk for days. The result? Massive groups of people would slaughter every single person in an area and control that place until they got bored. The "bandits" became the "law".

We don't want this game to end up like runescape. That game was actually good way back when... the wilderness was actually wild and you could kill people/steal their gear. Because of all the stupid kids and people complaining about PvP, they removed it, removing one of the greatest joys of endgame.

There's more to a game than PvP.

• Like 2

kill or be killed and end up back on the beach in your pants and tee shirt,faced with another 3-4 hrs foraging for soda,beans,axe and a backpack !

Thats the dillema.

If players could stash some gear maybe they wouldn't be so desperat,untill then I'm going to assume KOS and take appropriate action (if they are armed)

There's more to a game than PvP.

Some people can't fathom the idea of NOT killing people if given the chance.

• Like 1

Have you ever watched videos of Black Friday? And that is just for discounted items that you have to pay for. Imagine the world ending and everything is "free".  :D

"Something like a global economy across all servers, such as a limit on a certain type of gun. That would mean that in the entire game, only, say, 300 Mosins would exist, no more, no less. "

For a population almost at a million in the alpha stage 300 weapons simply is not enough.

I believe KOS culture is critical to the game, I myself like to always approach every situation as 'friendly' but I don't expect others to do the same, I am always ready to shoot back at someone who shoots at me. If there was no KOS mentality, the game would just be a PvE sandbox in which there would be no tension at all. There have already been moves to try and reduce the number of KOS incidents in the SA, the fact that weapons and ammo are harder to find and that items are damaged in the shootout all help, but I feel if we go too far down this road then we will lose the paradigm that makes DAYZ great.

The most fun you usually have is in the gearing up phase, because you are striving to get better stuff, It is then the fear of losing this gear that makes the game exciting. We don't have the fear of zombies that we do of bandits, and without them you may as well play Left 4 Dead or Dead Rising. It is the true human interaction, and its unpredictable nature, that makes DAYZ the greatest gaming experience today.

true human interaction? unpredictable nature? how is having 99% of the community KoS all the time unpredictable? how is that human interaction? KoS reduces the 'interaction' to effectively nothing. at the moment dayZ is no different to CoD or Battlefield. it's just a slow free for all match. that's not the dev's fault, but they are the only people with the power to stop this crap. i haven't played it in a week since it came out because i play dayZ for a DIFFERENT experience to a tdm game. at the moment, it does not offer that. players want to just make it CoD again, just like the mod.

• Like 1

Have you ever watched videos of Black Friday? And that is just for discounted items that you have to pay for. Imagine the world ending and everything is "free".  :D

black friday... jesus christ that makes me sick. people dying just to save some money. like animals. 

MURICA!

Edited by elf cakes

true human interaction? unpredictable nature? how is having 99% of the community KoS all the time unpredictable? how is that human interaction? KoS reduces the 'interaction' to effectively nothing. at the moment dayZ is no different to CoD or Battlefield. it's just a slow free for all match. that's not the dev's fault, but they are the only people with the power to stop this crap. i haven't played it in a week since it came out because i play dayZ for a DIFFERENT experience to a tdm game. at the moment, it does not offer that. players want to just make it CoD again, just like the mod.

Have you tried just going North? It's essentially a barren wasteland. You'll find no one there, which is quite odd.

Have you tried just going North? It's essentially a barren wasteland. You'll find no one there, which is quite odd.

yeah i've been up north. tell you why no one's there? everyone wants to deathmatch at the coast. also there's really no point going up north because you can get all the best gear at the coast. i've said it many times before, but putting the biggest cities at the coast in this game was a massive mistake. there would be so much more adventure in the journey to the big city if there was a massive city in the middle of the map. unfortunately until they release modding tools for maps then that won't happen

yeah i've been up north. tell you why no one's there? everyone wants to deathmatch at the coast. also there's really no point going up north because you can get all the best gear at the coast. i've said it many times before, but putting the biggest cities at the coast in this game was a massive mistake. there would be so much more adventure in the journey to the big city if there was a massive city in the middle of the map. unfortunately until they release modding tools for maps then that won't happen

That's the point, actually. I like going up north precisely because I get the whole "alone in world, surviving on what I can find" vibe. It might be just me, but I actually don't mind walking for 3 hours only to find not a single human soul. I actually enjoy it.

But yeah, most people here are playing Fallout, not DayZ. Which is kind of a shame, really.

People are dicks

Yeah, new player (to standalone) here. I agree - people tend to mistake this sort of game and what it is designed for. Now, in my opinion, bandits have a legitimate play style. But the overall theme of this game has always been, and (I hope) will always be - survival. To some, this means looting - and to others, it means being generous. Some bandits are even respectable, and only take what they need - others can be negotiated with, and even join up with you. Once, on the Beta, I had such an incident happen: I was caught by a survivor who robbed me of necessary items he NEEDED. I pleaded with him that being newly spawned with barely a firearm to my name, that I could use people to survive with. We tagged along for a good while and picked up Beaners in a jeep, and made our own camp until OMG HAX0rs from 4Chan came and screwed up our camp with spawned in convoy trucks.

Anyway, point is: I, for one, try my hardest to be helpful and generous, and to make nice with other survivors - and hope that you are wrong about the future of this game's userbase. Shoot-on-sight solves little and less, and is hardly necessary when the REAL threats (Bandits and Zombies) plague the coastal towns.

Viva la resistance!

Edited by KatawaInu

No cities up north? I wouldn't say that just yet...

69r1t.jpg

69pdV.jpg

69qiY.jpg

69qci.jpg

Yup, its under constant development. going to be a really exciting area up there!

Edited by Parasprite

I love/hate KoS. 

The hate part is because new spawning in an area with bandits means death when you are trying to find a sip of water and a can of beans.  The love part is because that adds more tension to the game and if you are good you can survive and prosper in this zombie/bandit infested world.

The upside for new spawns is that me and the rest of the Whiskey Company are congregating around the coast and helping new spawns with food and water and a weapon or two all the while looking for KoS'rs to kill.

If you are living the bandit life on the coast killing fresh spawns for fun...more power to you.  It is a survival game and people should play it however they want.  Just know that we are looking for you and we will find you eventually...that is how we make the game fun for us.

WCO ftw.

• Like 1

I love/hate KoS. 

The hate part is because new spawning in an area with bandits means death when you are trying to find a sip of water and a can of beans.  The love part is because that adds more tension to the game and if you are good you can survive and prosper in this zombie/bandit infested world.

The upside for new spawns is that me and the rest of the Whiskey Company are congregating around the coast and helping new spawns with food and water and a weapon or two all the while looking for KoS'rs to kill.

If you are living the bandit life on the coast killing fresh spawns for fun...more power to you.  It is a survival game and people should play it however they want.  Just know that we are looking for you and we will find you eventually...that is how we make the game fun for us.

WCO ftw.

He's the hero that DayZ deserves, but not the one it needs right now

...and so we'll hunt him

...because he can take it

...because he's not a hero

...he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector

...a Beaner Knight.

Would everyone here honestly roam around shooting people with nothing but a flashlight in a real apocalypse?

I don't think so

• Like 1

i told you guys im not crazy someone was invis in the NWAF but people said its a glitch

Massive desync means people see you without you seeing them... I had it last night whilst running round with a group of buddies (8 of us), they could see me whilst on my client their models were all 10mins back the way we came from. Fortunately I was with friendlies, but if there had been hostiles in the area I woulda died without having a clue.

For me the problem was most likely playing with just a 1mbit connection whilst around a team of highly geared up medics (the various containers, medic/ammo/protective bags all cause additional lag) and I was playing on a 200ping server as well. Only solution for me is to only ever buddy up with 1/2 others, although I have no idea what's gonna happen if we meet another large group in close proximity...guess it'll be back to the coast :)

So it coulda been a bug.

There is no way fucking im friendly. Know ill even more KOS, f****** nooby carebears. DAYZ is never about carebears ffs.

WTF is this s*** anyway, some nooby carebears ordering us what DAYZ should be ?!

Edited by metalica24

There is no way fucking im friendly. Know ill even more KOS, f****** nooby carebears. DAYZ is never about carebears ffs.

WTF is this s*** anyway, some nooby carebears ordering us what DAYZ should be ?!

You elitists and your tough guy act haha.

• Like 1