fluxley

Help test the latest patch

There's currently a test server running the latest experimental branch 113933, the devs need as many people as possible on there to play test.

They want people to play and die a lot to test that body cleanup is working well under load and also testing that rubberbanding is fixed, this is where players will suddenly be teleported back to a previous location and the game freezes.

if you can jump on and play for a while it would be much appreciated.

The server is on a separate hive so no need to worry about losing your main character.

To opt into experimental go to steam, right click dayz>properties>betas>and select experimental-preview testing version

then local files and verify integrity of game cache to make sure it updates.

Server info

DayZ experimental Branch Server (0.30.113933)

IP 37.220.18.218:2302

Post any issues in this thread.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 6

They want people to play and die a lot

do they want also people to play and kill a lot? :|

nkLuc.gif
Lol, I will be on later with my :beans:

Edited by teufel937
  • Like 2

Is it on a private hive? kinda don't want to lose my current progress.

yep, its a separate hive, ill add that to the op,

do they want also people to play and kill a lot? :|

the more death the merrier! its time for you to shine good sir!

• Like 1

Is it on a private hive? kinda don't want to lose my current progress.

Well someone's gonna be ineviably disappointed.

• Like 1

I'm sure they would post on here if it really was needed..

Hicks has asked us on Skype, not enough testers online at the moment though, hence this topic was created. The teleport to previous spot issue seems to primarily occur on high pop servers so without large player numbers on the server, it's difficult to determine if it's actually fixed.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

Is there anyway to talk in global or something? or how does feedback for the patch work? 

Edit: I am getting teleports back a few feet every minute or so of constant running, but it isn't locking up the game like previously. A couple of instances too of my head not being able to turn, sort of snapping back to where it was a few seconds ago as well.

Edited by ru1n3r
  • Like 3

Is there anyway to talk in global or something? or how does feedback for the patch work? 

Just post any feedback here

Hicks has asked us on Skype, not enough testers online at the moment though, hence this topic was created. The teleport to previous spot issue seems to primarily occur on high pop servers so without large player numbers on the server, it's difficult to determine if it's actually fixed.

Actually I have found that this only teleports  you when you're doing the " bullet " run. You need to bring your fists up, face down, and run and if you continue this it will teleport you. 

Edited by Color

after I kill maybe 11 guys and die 3 time is not possible for me using left mouse button for melee/punch/shoot :o

was ok for select inventory things example bandage :thumbsup:  :)

I never experience before this and also I close game restart after problem is continue

I try going back but server full :(

edit I join public hive and now left mouse button is work fine, maybe is problem connect to update I don't know

Edited by KoS

I played for about an hour, I didn't experience the rubber banding over long distances. There was lag rubber banding me about 2-3 meters every now and then (but that may just be my connection).

No major rubber banding for me on the test server but I was experiencing the occasional mini lag spike here and there, also items were still taking a while to appear on the ground when placed in the vicinity (my ping was around 35 or so with 2 spikes according to the player list).

Going on soon to test, when I was on last night it was running smooth as butter. Should be good to fill it up though. I was still getting the occasional "weather sync" hitching problem, along with the free look "snap to focus" problem.

Edited by dromag67

Doesn't seem to be up, are you guys the only ones running the new build?  Seems to me that more servers should be running it to get a better tester base.

I'll help any way i can!

*Gets shot*

Servers down right now, though there is a new experimental version on steam so i'm guessing they are pushing out a new build, will let you know when its back up.

Edited by Fluxley

Servers sown right now, though there is a new experimental version on steam so i'm guessing they are pushing out a new build, will let you know when its back up.

Oh, so that was what that update was.

Servers down right now, though there is a new experimental version on steam so i'm guessing they are pushing out a new build, will let you know when its back up.

Thanks!