Aurentius Maximus™

PvE Server - Killed by a Human

How would this game be fun whatsoever if it was PVE?

seriously can not understand the mindset of people who wanna play Dayz PVE I really want someone to give me some plausible answers (I'm mind boggled).

i cant understand morons like you who think a survival game is all about pvp..yet people like you are allways the people who shout let us play how we want when changes are talked about yet you dont want anyone else to be able to play how they want...well STFU

if someone wants to pve then they should be able to pve even in the mod there were pve servers so once again STFU.

this whole play how you want thhing either goes both ways for pve and pvp or just STFU you pvp noobs...

im not against pvp im against the mindset of retards who think this game is only about pvp and if that ever changes itll ruin the game....well to that i say change the game so we can get rid of jackholes like you..

let people play pve if they wanna pve...all real successful  games allow both and dont force you to have to do both...

so for those who wanna herpa derp  about pvp get over it....it will change this game canot survive as a deathmatch so please alll you pvp only people----STFU

STFU and let others talk about things they wanna see if you dont like it you can go back to battlefield or cod for all we care.

Edited by Max Planck
Tone it down. 24hour break to read the forum rules again.
  • Like 7

:beans:  :beans: :beans:  

A can of beans isn't enough for you....but as soon as they hear pve is good pvp is bad they all think of the extremes and not of the things in between. Of course there are a lot of people who want to play the game because of it's survival aspect and not DM aspect which isn't part of DayZ anyway since it's not a MMORPGDM. And people should stop quoting "It's your story play as you like there are no rules" because those people have no imagination and only know of one way to play the game.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

PvE for Beginners is pretty good, in my mind. It helps to learn how the game works etc. Just try to image you've found new thing and u want to try it out and get killed...

i cant understand morons like you who think a survival game is all about pvp..yet people like you are allways the people who shout let us play how we want when changes are talked about yet you dont want anyone else to be able to play how they want...well STFU

if someone wants to pve then they should be able to pve even in the mod there were pve servers so once again STFU.

this whole play how you want thhing either goes both ways for pve and pvp or just STFU you pvp noobs...

I think the point is that people want this game to be things the original creator does not consider the core gameplay. Plus the game is sandbox, you can do anything you like within the rules, which are basically:

- no racism

- no hacking

- the limits imposed due to the game mechanics

So yeah, you are allowed to start a server and call it PvE. However, you are also allowed to enter these servers and wreak havoc. Same goes for in game: you can get some territory of 1 x 1 km and call it a weapon free zone and have happy gatherings with players, but don't expect people to respect those rules.

I did not make the rules. I would not enter a PvE server to grief people. But I really like it that the game still enables other to do so, especially considering the advantages PvE players have over PvP players.

• Like 2

I hope going to 1st person only server means, that I will encounter less cheap a$$ coast campers.

PvP is needed, then again not everybody should be frickin KOS bandit and I can understand that some folks just want to play this game in peace (even if it's experiencing like 10% of the whole game).

If there was separate hive for PvE only servers, I would have absolutely no problem with this.

As it is now, I would be tad affraid that folks would abuse PvE servers to get weapons and then hop back to "normal" servers and go on murder spree. 

Edited by Hombre

I leave people alone on pve servers....You're telling me I'm the only one?

You aren't, I wouldn't play on a PvE server, because for one, as much as I prefer survival over PvP, PvP is what makes DayZ unique compared to other zombies games.

However, as already stated, since PvE is NOT enforcable, and tbh, I doubt there will ever be an official PvE hive(though there might be private PvE hives later), all server admins are doing by adding a "PvE" or "no-kos" or "no pvp" label on the server, is encouraging KoSers to join for easy kills.

I have seen so many servers trying to enforce their own rules, especially the people trying to make private servers with motds like "we will kick you" etc since it was announced you cannot have locked servers, they are trying to get around that by just kicking people, and having their own little looting server so they can loot with no risk then join a busy server to kill people....so lame..

Imo if you start playing the game start doing PvP. Its easier to get used to PvE then to get used to PvP when you started trusting people not killing you straight away, embrace the killing.

The last part you can see as no one is posting "OMG no one killed me on a pve server".

If the PvE servers are seperated from the public hive then i wouldnt mind theu exist, but it's wrong when people can get all the gear and tons of ammo on a PvE server and then go to a regular server.

I have personally favorited several PvE servers and just need some more ammo, then the massacre begins.

• Like 1

What I notice aswell why are those PvE ppl always insulting PvPers on a personal level when they get killed? PvP master race perhaps?

• Like 1

On Topic: PvE Servers are going to require mods to broadcast player kills so that admins know it's happening. Until mod support comes in to play no one knows whats going on in those servers.

Off Topic: People sure do love to throw around that "play style" word when debating about third person in a realistic survival mod, be it the fans or the staff of this website. Now god forbid some squishy casual players wish to enjoy the PvE aspects of this game.

• Like 1

"PvE servers" are just noob bait, like the old Starcraft games with "newbie"  in the title.

The only way a PvE server would work is if players couldn't inflict damage on other players. Will this ever happen? Maybe a long way down the road.. will it happen in the near future? Nope.

Is it tasteless to murder unarmed bambis? Depends on who you ask. In our world view yes, it is. In an apocalyptic world view, it is only a disadvantage to have others around you. They consume resources that you could use, have weapons that could kill you, or they could attract other people due to their noobishness. In Dayz, everything is acceptable.

Hey guys,

I joined a PvE server yesterday, because I am bored of joining a PvP Server looting something and getting shot after 10min. Now I played about 1 hour on the server, then a full armed guy appeared who just randomly shot at me... ofc I am dead. Why the hell are those "randomers" on a PvE Server. Maybe I am not the only one here.

Best Regards

Thats what you get for playing on a "PvE" server.

Lol must have been ZedsDead

LOL, after reading the other tread I though the exact same thing. But he gave many ppl the idea me thinks :lol:

What is the point of PvE server at this point? the only real threat in Alpher are other people, you can get rid of zeds easy.

There is no such thing as a PvE server.

False, you can Have a PVE server enforced by an Admin with kill feed. I played on a Epoch PVE server and it was fun as hell because we could test out how to build and put the server to its limits, PS know bandits would be hunted and killed by Admin due to the fact that it was stated in the Rules, which was shown every time there was an announcement. The last rule stating, if you kill someone you will first be hunted down and killed as warning, do it again character whip, and after that banned.

The guy pays for his own server he makes the rules for his servers so don't give me that bullshit that DAYZ does not need a PVE aspect in the game. 

• Like 2

False, you can Have a PVE server enforced by an Admin with kill feed. I played on a Epoch PVE server and it was fun as hell because we could test out how to build and put the server to its limits, PS know bandits would be hunted and killed by Admin due to the fact that it was stated in the Rules, which was shown every time there was an announcement. The last rule stating, if you kill someone you will first be hunted down and killed as warning, do it again character whip, and after that banned.

Well, this isnt Epoch..

The guy pays for his own server he makes the rules for his servers 

That's really not how it works, I promise.

The guy pays for his own server he makes the rules for his servers so don't give me that bullshit that DAYZ does not need a PVE aspect in the game. 

You sir don't have a clue how SA is working with servers right now do you?

Your post is funny because you use "False" and talk shit at the same time.

Yeah why would anyone actually want to test this game and not just play it like the mod as a released and final version?!

Oh wait..  No you all are right, it's probably best that we all just keep mindlessly playing the game, killing each other on sight, and not actually test things that are reproducible and provide how to reproduce them.

If you guys think Rocket intended for DayZ to be a PVP game based off of ArmA with Zombies running around, you're a little off.  They're going for a survival game, that doesn't necessarily mean every single player has to murder every other player whenever they see them, or ever.  Surviving for any character in DayZ means staying alive, that doesn't have to involve the PvP killing of any other player, ever.  If people are coming into DayZ expecting people to never shoot them because this is a test, sure that's silly.  However, all of you trolls who post "PS it's an alpha" or "LOLOLOLOLOLOL look at the carebear" really are just wasting everyone's time and displaying just how little your parents taught you.

Edited by McG2
  • Like 4

Lol must have been ZedsDead

hahaha...

That's exactly what I was gonna say...