Sign in to follow this  
Renji121

.357 op

The 357 is a oneshot to the chest at 10-15 meters, try'd it on a friend.

Well regardless of caliber a gunshot to the chest is most of the time a killer.  More so when .357

I don't think DayZ can afford to regard weapons as OP. All weapons can kill with a well placed shot. Therefore invalid OP'ness.

Sounds about right. I'd be surprised if a shot to the chest with a .357 DIDN'T kill someone.

Good for you for testing it though, I'd rather find out here than the hard way in-game.

• Like 4

For one it's already an extremely rare find, second that'd probably kill you.

The OP is right, because it fires at an incredibly unrealistic rate of over 3,050 feet per second, so it's doing about 3.6 times the damage it normally would, resulting in one-shot kills.

They need to reduce velocity to realistic levels, it's not a .300 Win Mag.

This kind of stuff greatly annoys me since it's so damn obvious... one look and anyone should know something's wrong when a pistol is shooting way over 3,000 ft/s. Someone actually had to type that figure in.

Edited by Gews

For one it's already an extremely rare find, second that'd probably kill you.

The ammo is more rare than the pistol. 

It's actually fairly common, same spawn rate as the .45.

Edited by dromag67
  • Like 1

sounds like real life

Not true, it is a pistol round not a rifle round, whilst a stronger than usual pistol round it still should have nowhere near the strength of 556 or 76254 or any rifle rounds

Not true, it is a pistol round not a rifle round, whilst a stronger than usual pistol round it still should have nowhere near the strength of 556 or 76254 or any rifle rounds

Theres pistols that are .50 cal... S&W 500 and the Desert Eagle .50 AE.. Just because its a pistol doesn't mean it isn't powerful

If you think about it, a 357 gunshot wound to the chest would leave an entrance and exit wound, thus being a weeping chest wound. Your lung cavity would fill with blood, the extra strain and pressure from the failing lung would crush the other, you'd be dead in minutes....

• Like 4

The .357 has been through several ballistics tests with the Medical Division.  We have classified the stopping power as "outstanding."

• Like 3

Well regardless of caliber a gunshot to the chest is most of the time a killer.  More so when .357

I don't think DayZ can afford to regard weapons as OP. All weapons can kill with a well placed shot. Therefore invalid OP'ness.

^ this. Saw a guy drinking on the upper floor of the bunker at NWAF. I was maybe 150m away and with my ACOG I put four shots directly into his head. He went down and I went to loot him. Stupidly, I had shot his head where his ballistic helmet currently resided. As I was trying to climb the stairs to loot him I heard "oh fuck that hurt" in a Russian accent and I looked up just in time to see that he had regained consciousness and combat logged.

It's not really the weapon that can be OP but the player using it. Even an M249 is completely useless in the hands of an idiot running around firing from the hip at targets in an open field 200m away.

Why can't we agree a bullet to the chest from point blank range would kill someone?

This fighting is tearing this family apart!

• Like 2

Do you happen to know how many .357's I need to throw at someone to kill them? Because I haven't seen one bullet yet.....

• Like 1

Ho... really? How's possible an human would die with a .357 in the chest? ... it's just some inch hole in a ham... lol

http://youtu.be/sGXH0_F69Uc?t=2m58s

Being serious.. i would be surprised if someone would live after a .357 shot without any ballistic protection.. and nor that the situation is much different with a 45 ACP tho.

*Sigh*

I think people are latching onto the OP's use of "OP" and not focusing on the real issue...

If I got things right, the .357 does 1.8x the damage of a Mosin, 3.6x the damage of a .45, and 4x the damage of an M4.

That is what I would call "overpowered". It makes no sense and should be changed.

• Like 3

I understand that, but my biggest argument is that a .357 magnum shot to the chest of a human being would be death without surgery and immediate attention.

Do you happen to know how many .357's I need to throw at someone to kill them? Because I haven't seen one bullet yet.....

i killed a guy who had some because he was trying to kill me in Stary, so i punished him for taking advantage of my friendliness.

Were talking about the magnum right? You over tweak that thing enough you can rip off your own arm firing it.

I understand that, but my biggest argument is that a .357 magnum shot to the chest of a human being would be death without surgery and immediate attention.

so would a shot with many other weapons, a bandage is not going to fix my bullet wound even if its from a .22lr

if I get shot in the gut by a m4a1 im not going to just bandage and keep running at full speed without even a single fuck given about the cavity the bullet should have made in my gut.

Edited by Gerandar

And so it should be. Especially since the majority of .357 is loaded with some kind of expanding bullet, whereas I can envision FMJ being more common than hollowpoints for the .45 given the setting.