Sign in to follow this  
Renji121

.357 op

5.56 mm round, from an m4/m16 series weapon system is not made to kill, it has very little stopping force, most of the time it has an in and out type of effect.

5.56 mm round, from an m4/m16 series weapon system is not made to kill, it has very little stopping force, most of the time it has an in and out type of effect.

that still doesnt explain how the bandage stops my internal bleeding from the bullet.

The 357 is a oneshot to the chest at 10-15 meters, try'd it on a friend.

That sounds about right. When dealing with human targets, pretty much every gun is "OP" so maybe we could stop using that stupid phrase?

Not true, it is a pistol round not a rifle round, whilst a stronger than usual pistol round it still should have nowhere near the strength of 556 or 76254 or any rifle rounds

This is not true at all. 

First off there are .17 caliber rifle rounds.

Second the 5.56 (the modern versions in particular) is designed for accuracy and penetration. The .357 magnum (in particular the hollow point) is an excellent stopper.

Now comes some science type stuff (keeping it light). As you can see the rifle round is moving much faster, but the pistol round weighs a WHOLE lot more and is wider. At close range that Magnum round is going to tear things up.

.357 Magnum

200 gr (weight), 1200 fps (speed), .357" diameter

63 gr (weight), 2900 fps (speed), .223" diameter

(PS- After I got out of the service I worked in a ballistics test lab and now work for a very well known firearms manufacturer. :thumbsup: One shot to the chest at 15 yards is a kill, they got it right.)

• Like 4

Considering it can not be reloaded until all 6 shots are fired and can not be manually unloaded, coupled with the rarity of ammo, it is just fine.

This is not true at all. 

First off there are .17 caliber rifle rounds.

Second the 5.56 (the modern versions in particular) is designed for accuracy and penetration. The .357 magnum (in particular the hollow point) is an excellent stopper.

Now comes some science type stuff (keeping it light). As you can see the rifle round is moving much faster, but the pistol round weighs a WHOLE lot more and is wider. At close range that Magnum round is going to tear things up.

.357 Magnum

200 gr (weight), 1200 fps (speed), .357" diameter

63 gr (weight), 2900 fps (speed), .223" diameter

(PS- After I got out of the service I worked in a ballistics test lab and now work for a very well known firearms manufacturer. :thumbsup: One shot to the chest at 15 yards is a kill, they got it right.)

False, your Internet ecred dont change simple physics, you ignore the 556 yawing dynamics and lack of penetration the pistols should be having with the vests in game which are designed to be bulletproof, atop the insane fps the 357 has in game

Your invocation of supposed "stopping power" tells me all I need to know :lol:

The 357 is a oneshot to the chest at 10-15 meters, try'd it on a friend.

Tell that to the guy i put three into at close range. He still had enough life to knock me out with an axe.

*Sigh*

I think people are latching onto the OP's use of "OP" and not focusing on the real issue...

If I got things right, the .357 does 1.8x the damage of a Mosin, 3.6x the damage of a .45, and 4x the damage of an M4.

That is what I would call "overpowered". It makes no sense and should be changed.

If anything I would say the others are underpowered but really it depends on what equation you use to define damage and power. Especially the .45 they should be much closer than that.

Sorry for letting my nerd come out folks.

The "power" of a round is often broken down to P = Mass * Speed. (Mass basically broken down from "force" which is traditionally used to get power). So using my numbers earlier .357 (200gr * 1200 fps = 240,000p) 5.56 (63gr * 2900 = 182700p). Now this is not taking into account distance and just using muzzle velocity. Obviously the .357 will slow down much faster than the 5.56, but inside 20 yards I doubt it will slow down enough to impact this scenario. For instance at 100 yards the .357 has a speed of about 800, where as the 5.56 is still up at 2500 (or 157,000 vs 140,000).

Plus rounds like 50 ae are just plainly put clunky and not really a viable option for a reliable sidearm

Why do you say that? If I were to own a .50 cal hand gun it would be a revolver because the magazines are the worst thing about them.

• Like 1

Tell that to the guy i put three into at close range. He still had enough life to knock me out with an axe.

Did you use a speedloader perchance? Because that should lower the damage by almost 75%.

For a game based off hyper realism, it makes zero sense that a handgun will be more accurate than a mosin with the insane fps plus the lack of locational damage does not make sense either, can shoot someone in the kneecap they bandage and keep on sprinting :lol:

*Sigh*

I think people are latching onto the OP's use of "OP" and not focusing on the real issue...

If I got things right, the .357 does 1.8x the damage of a Mosin, 3.6x the damage of a .45, and 4x the damage of an M4.

That is what I would call "overpowered". It makes no sense and should be changed.

Damage isn't the only factor though. You're completely ignoring its rate of fire, range, and magazine capacity.

LMFAO you must of been shit at aiming or lagging.

• Like 1

There is not much need to get mathematical about it, although I love seeing people put effort into their posts.

Simply put...

Imagine waking up. Oh would you look at that, it is 7:00am! You are almost late to work. You hastily toss on your work clothes, re-heat your "Holiday" mocha from last night because you forgot to buy coffee at the store yesterday. Making that a reminder, you procede to step outside into the morning light.

As you reach your garage you find a note your wife left:

"My car didn't start again so I borrowed yours for work. I'm sorry sweety. I left a couple dollars in the vans cup holders so you could pick up some breakfast at McDonalds. I love you and see you tonight! Also, could you pick up some more baby formula? Mom is going to be dropping Jill off tonight after babysitting and  I saw that we were out.

Love,

Your Wife Chloe."

Blast! Why couldn't she take the van, you wonder to yourself. Never the less, you do like a good McGriddle...

You walk back outside and notice the family Chrysler van has been heated up for you. You casually make your way to the car, wondering about that formula and how you would love to avoid that bastard Jim at the office today. As you reach for the car door, you hear foot steps to your right.

A man, standing at a distance at which you would play catch with an 8 year old. It is a calm autumn day. The sun is shining brightly in the crisp, morning sky. The man is dressed in a tenured red checkered shirt with slightly ripped jeans. This man sports a blue backpack and an eskew smile.

"Hello sir." You state, "What are you doing on our driveway?"

The man looks at you and says

"Don't worry, I'm friendly."

He pulls a revolver out and clicks it back, you immediately puff your chest out at him in defiance.

In a mere moment, you felt a burning sensation well up in your chest. A 3 inch hole where your heart should be.

In your last words, you mutter...

"He said... Friendly..."

And there you have it. Bullets to the chest hurt,

• Like 5

Damage isn't the only factor though. You're completely ignoring its rate of fire, range, and magazine capacity.

I couldn't care less if it's "overpowered" in a gameplay sense. It's horrifyingly unrealistic, that's the problem.

You can't really call it a ".357 Magnum" if you're holding what is basically a 6-shot M16 with insane damage.

I want it to actually act like a .357 Magnum revolver. I don't want it just to look like a .357 Magnum revolver.

• Like 1

The issue is the fact that it has higher fps than any of the other weapons along with the locational damage being screwed up, a shot from a 357 that misses vital organs is most definitely survivable but would likely kill if hitting the heart; the 556 in game can shoot you in the heart yet you will survive as it has a flat amount of damage attributed to what I assume is the torso hitbox where location on the torso matters not whatsoever which is far from realism

Did you use a speedloader perchance? Because that should lower the damage by almost 75%.

Nah, all loaded via hand in the gear menu.

I'm pretty sure he died right after, and that hit was in the delay between the shot hitting and you dying (You all know that delay i'm talking about).

Alot of people talk about realism, but they forget that this is a game and a game is gameplay > realism, cause if you wanna talk about realism, I shouldn't be able to Sprint forever, I shouldn't break a foot from the height of 5 feet and die from 10, I should not be thirsty after drinking a bottle of watter and I also shouldn't be able to keep on sprinting while getting shot at then heal the bullet wounds with a bandage...and oh yeah you don't respawn after you die.

Edited by SageZ

Alot of people talk about realism, but they forget that this is a game and a game is gameplay > realism, cause if you wanna talk about realism, I shouldn't be able to Sprint forever, I shouldn't break a foot from the height of 5 feet and die from 10, I should not be thirsty after drinking a bottle of watter and I also shouldn't be able to keep on sprinting while getting shot at then heal the bullet wounds with a bandage...and oh yeah you don't respawn after you die.

And what is this supposed to mean regarding the "Magnum"?

I couldn't care less if it's "overpowered" in a gameplay sense. It's horrifyingly unrealistic, that's the problem.

You can't really call it a ".357 Magnum" if you're holding what is basically a 6-shot M16 with insane damage.

I want it to actually act like a .357 Magnum revolver. I don't want it just to look like a .357 Magnum revolver.

*redacted*

Actually it doesnt have an in and out effect (Per say).  The 5.56 round is a great round for stopping because its not the "in and out" type effect you want when shooting at an enemy, its the spread of force (which would be stopping power).  The 5.56 round is great at this as it fragments upon impact causing several pieces of the bullet to tract through the body.  This you would imagine would cause a lot of damage and it does.  So as stopping force goes, it has does a great job at stopping the enemy.  If you dont believe me go talk to any NATO country and see what they have to say about the 5.56 round.

Edited by Bohannan

How is getting shot in the chest and dieing from a .357 unrealistic?

Are you volunteering to get shot in the sternum with a .357 to see how "horrifyingly unrealistic" it is for death to immediately ensue?

How is getting shot in the chest and dieing from a .357 unrealistic?

Are you volunteering to get shot in the sternum with a .357 to see how "horrifyingly unrealistic" it is for death to immediately ensue?

This has nothing to do with my posts. I never said that was unrealistic. In fact, I specifically said it SHOULD frequently be a one-shot kill to the chest.

What's "horrifyingly" unrealistic is

-the 3,050 ft/s muzzle velocity

-the fact it does, apparently, up to 4x the damage of other calibers

-the fact the speed loader reduces muzzle velocity by almost 75%

They need to fix those issues as soon as possible.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with my posts. I never said that was unrealistic. In fact, I specifically said it SHOULD frequently be a one-shot kill to the chest.

What's "horrifyingly" unrealistic is

-the 3,050 ft/s muzzle velocity

-the fact it does, apparently, up to 4x the damage of other calibers

-the fact the speed loader reduces muzzle velocity by almost 75%

They need to fix those issues as soon as possible.

Ahh ok, I must have misunderstood. I agree I think the other calibers need a boost if that's true. I really don't think the muzzle velocity has much effect in this game, not like I am gonna dodge bullets, unless it is in the script to figure out damage via MV (which would make sense). Just curious how you know what the MV is anyway? Or the damage, is that found some place?

I have not tested the speed loader theory yet cause I can't find them. I will ask for volunteers when I find one though lol.

For what its worth I don't think they are done with all these things. Obviously they will be adding a ton more guns and zombies, and animals and so I think they will balance everything out.

Edited by DevilDog