liukang168

Day / Night realism

Dear fellow DayZ players, 

dear Devs, 

first of all happy new year. 

I would like to discuss a way to make the game more into night time play. 

a.) it is realisitc

b.) 24/7 daytime should be optional, in my opinion these servers should also be on a different database

How to force people into same visual modes, e.g. all have shadows, clouds etc. 

As it is by now, people turn up gamma, switch of clouds, shadows etc, in order to get a "grey scale" vision. Fair enough, but it should not be that way...

How to archive this: 

a.) Force server to set time by database

b.) remove option to turn of clouds (though unfair for lowpowered user equipment)

c.) force at least the minimum settings to maintain the visiual effects

Just my 5 cent of opinion. 

All the best and take care ...  

Alot of people I know and play with turn clouds/shadows off purely for performance. I don't think it'd be fair to all of a sudden force players to have these settings locked.

• Like 2

And not everyone plays on your schedule.  While it might be convenient for you, some might then ONLY have the option to play at night if all the servers were locked to an arbitrary time, depending on their work/life/availability.

Nah thanks.  

• Like 1

Alot of people I know and play with turn clouds/shadows off purely for performance. I don't think it'd be fair to all of a sudden force players to have these settings locked.

Well then let's add an option to disable walls either, since it f*cks the framerate in cities

Well then let's add an option to disable walls either, since it f*cks the framerate in cities

very mature argumentation. following your "logic" trees should be removed either. oh, and of course other players. And while we're at it already: zombies and loot should be removed as they cap server-sided-performance.

over there, in one of the 1k "remove-3rd-person-view"-threads here, ppl say, that 1st-person-view does not give the viewingangle you have in rl. it's like 90° vs. 160°

And following that logic, I am not willing to play in a completly dark environment like you want it to be. Human eye is capable of "night-vision" that a monitor can not display. And even if it could - I am not willing to sit in a completly dark room, overstrain my eyes....

There is something that is called eyefinity or surround plus headtracking devices... 

Anyway.

very mature argumentation. following your "logic" trees should be removed either. oh, and of course other players. And while we're at it already: zombies and loot should be removed as they cap server-sided-performance.

over there, in one of the 1k "remove-3rd-person-view"-threads here, ppl say, that 1st-person-view does not give the viewingangle you have in rl. it's like 90° vs. 160°

And following that logic, I am not willing to play in a completly dark environment like you want it to be. Human eye is capable of "night-vision" that a monitor can not display. And even if it could - I am not willing to sit in a completly dark room, overstrain my eyes....

I didnt pay 30 dollars to play in the dark every single day i log in and have to stay up or wake up at absurd hours of the day just to be able to play at the desired time. Its been about 90% of my game play so fare and i dont like it at all. To be honest they need to ether lighten how dark it is so ppl can see or get rid of night time all together until options for rare night vision goggles can be put in. Turning on any kind of light atm is a death sentence to new players and everyone is finding other players in the dark easy regardless via gamma or other crap. Plus forcing ppl to play because of graphics settings is not a good thing to be honest.

Edited by Deathlove

I would like to see a short night/day circle.

I am working approx. 12 hours every day and come to play at the evening after dinner.

In the few hours i get to play i would love to see a day/night cycle. or at least a sunset or something.

But playing every day in daytime or nighttime is not a nice thing, but i am sure they will add a shorter cycle.

*facepalm....

it was sarcastic you dumbshit...

Might as well remove the nights altogether. I know I enjoy the atmosphere, but the only people who play at night are gamma cheaters, so if I played at night, i'd be at a huge disadvantage. I thus never play on  a server where it's night time. And no one else seems to either, as you can see the number drop from 40 to 2-3 as night falls on a server.

I'm always in favour of adding more variety as opposed to taking options away, I have long been in favour of the option for server admins to disable gamma and force certain gameplay-related options. I would play on servers with gamma controls disabled but I don't see the need in removing it across the board.

*facepalm....

it was sarcastic you dumbshit...

And how was anybody supposed to know you were being "sarcastic"?

I think night is an important part of the game, but it's virtually unplayable in its current form unless a player has NVGs (which aren't in the game yet).

I too miss the full nighttime servers both in the mod and the SA. Forty people just stumbeling in the dark, best MP gameplay ever. For me those where the best days of the mod, hopefully they will not be the best of the SA.

With that said I do wish the nights were a litlle less dark. You don't have a sense of touch ingame, IRL you would notice if you were running into a wall for 5 minutes :).

• Like 1

Might as well remove the nights altogether. I know I enjoy the atmosphere, but the only people who play at night are gamma cheaters, so if I played at night, i'd be at a huge disadvantage. I thus never play on  a server where it's night time. And no one else seems to either, as you can see the number drop from 40 to 2-3 as night falls on a server.

This is a false statement... I have my server set to Day during my TZ daytime hours(GMT+11) at 9pm I switch to night 12am in game. The moon is up and shining at this point and it is not pitch black. The server does drop in pop but it's far more than 2 or 3, more like 15 to 20 sometimes more. Not saying the night time is perfect, it needs some work but 24/7 day is just easy mode. If server Admins had a GMT offset(which there isn't currently) all problems would be solved as far as TZ's are concerned.

There are people who do like the night, I am one of them and do NOT use gamma or brightness to cope, that's for pansies. You can't generalize people because not everyone exploits and wants easy mode, it sounds more like an excuse than anything else.

I'll just pump up gamma on my video card, or if it comes to it my monitor. I'll always have an advantage at night

And how was anybody supposed to know you were being "sarcastic"?

Maybe because he suggested removing walls?

The real question is how does anyone not take that  as being sarcastic?