Sign in to follow this  
DayZ4L1F3

Spawn changes

Please balance spawns. I have just spawned 30 times while trying to see where the new spawns are. I spawned in the North East every single time. Went from one broken spawn system to another. If it wasn't broken then so many players wouldn't be killing themselves multiple times.

Cause people are lazy and don't want to work a little more to get gear. I like how spawns are now. Make perfect sense to me now.

• Like 1

Although I don't like, that all these suicide spamming noobs are now spreading their KOS-mentality to the peaceful east coast, I hope they've fixed spawns, so if you kill yourself, you spawn the same place all over again, so we don't have people killing themselves over and over to select a specific spawn.

This is suppose to be a survival game, but a respawn simulator.

being to lazy? no its because no one wants to waste there time runnning for 40 minutes to get gear just to die. its called a waste of time

being to lazy? no its because no one wants to waste there time runnning for 40 minutes to get gear just to die. its called a waste of time

So the only place to get gear is in Balota?

I have not been to Balota since my 2nd or 3rd day playing this game and have managed to get every piece of gear (other than the media vest thing).

• Like 1

So don't play.

So the only place to get gear is in Balota?

I have not been to Balota since my 2nd or 3rd day playing this game and have managed to get every piece of gear (other than the media vest thing).

The only places to get top gear are military spots, this current change makes arriving at one a 20-40 min process of running.  There is absolutely nothing to do in this game between spawning and running to get military gear outside of the hunger/thirst system.  This change needed to be delayed until there was stuff to do during this run, such as heli crashes, hunting player tents, vehicles, random events, etc.

Until then, it's just a tedious game of either rushing to military loot via a 40 min run or spending hours slowly searching every place along the way to military loot during which you accomplish basically nothing because looting the average small town does nothing because they have nothing of value in them.  Only to end up dead once you get there by the guy who got there hours or days ago and just camps the spawn with full gear because they got absolutely nothing else to do in this game.

runnning for 40 minutes to get gear just to die. its called a waste of time

As opposed to getting gear instantly then camping somewhere for 40 minutes just to die?

So don't play.

Or they can come forward and present their view on why this was an incorrect change.  Unfortunately doing so they have to deal with pompous high horsed chumps like yourself pretending telling people not to play the game is the best solution to not agreeing with the current direction of a game they paid money for.

Well u wasted ure money on the wrong game then. Cause thhis one is not the one u were looking for. It doesnt suit u. I think thats what he wanted to say. Btw, ure playing an alpha. So stop ot now and wait a year, only to get disapointed again. This game is not about..

military gear ".." heli crashes, hunting player tents, vehicles, random events, etc.

.. its about surviving in a zombie apocalypse just..

to end up dead

anyways. How you do that is ure way, and need a bit of creative imagination. Its a pitty one even need to explane shit.

Everyone's who's complaining just wanted to run into Balota and gear up easy peasy. Now with M4's being half of what they were and spawns on the east coast you'll have to work for it a bit more. That's what this game is about and I welcome the change.

I will say I went to Balota today and not an M4 was to be found, did find a nifty .357 and some ammo.

DayZ is only going to get more difficult, so some that are complaining about the changes now aren't going to like what's to come. Should of done your homework people.  ;)

And I'll leave this here in case people haven't seen it yet http://imgur.com/a/URaPv

The only places to get top gear are military spots, this current change makes arriving at one a 20-40 min process of running.  There is absolutely nothing to do in this game between spawning and running to get military gear outside of the hunger/thirst system.  This change needed to be delayed until there was stuff to do during this run, such as heli crashes, hunting player tents, vehicles, random events, etc.

Until then, it's just a tedious game of either rushing to military loot via a 40 min run or spending hours slowly searching every place along the way to military loot during which you accomplish basically nothing because looting the average small town does nothing because they have nothing of value in them.  Only to end up dead once you get there by the guy who got there hours or days ago and just camps the spawn with full gear because they got absolutely nothing else to do in this game.

The NEAF is only a few minutes from Berezino and I have found M16s in firehouses and the third floor of the school in Berezino. So you are 100% wrong.

So don't play.

Or better yet, don't die. Play as immersively as you can, like your there and your life is as important as it is in real life, keep vigilant. When BI's first game Operation Flashpoint came out, some servers created 30 minute team death matches with no respawn. That was probably the first time i learned the value of loss in a game.

Edited by Thane

Please, for the love God let these respawn changes weed out the COD kiddies just wanting to get an M4 in less than 10 minutes to kill unarmed players.. please....

• Like 1

Please, for the love God let these respawn changes weed out the COD kiddies just wanting to get an M4 in less than 10 minutes to kill unarmed players.. please....

Double benefit. 1) They can't get the high end guns quite as fast. 2) Once they get it there are less bambi's around to kill since they are all on the east coast. LOL. I have not died yet but Berezino was my favorite city in ModZ so I support these changes.

I can see the aim - make East coast the spawn point  which decreases the activity at the two largest cities (both on South coast) in the game and make players head West for their goodies... makes perfect sense imo.

inb4 NEAF turns into the new Balota.

I really don't understand the mentality of all these kids playing this. As a lone wolf I probably walk 50-200km per day making runs between all of my favorite loot spots in the north and heading down to Balota to watch people kill each other from the shadows. If you just want to spawn and shoot people why are you playing this game and complaining to us about it? There are other games out there that better suit your needs.

I think I know why you're here actually. You want other people to get mad when you kill them and dying in this game does get some people much more mad than dying in other games. Carry on but please keep your whining to yourself.

The NEAF is only a few minutes from Berezino and I have found M16s in firehouses and the third floor of the school in Berezino. So you are 100% wrong.

Are you a child or something?  You addressed absolutely nothing instead deflecting by pointing out one example where some military loot is close to one subset of spawn points as proof that I'm 100% wrong that there's absolutely nothing to do along the run from spawn to military loot in terms of progression or even diversion.  Get a grip.

There's nothing to do while you run to military spawns and you know it.  That's why you refuse to address it at every turn.

I really don't understand the mentality of all these kids playing this. As a lone wolf I probably walk 50-200km per day making runs between all of my favorite loot spots in the north and heading down to Balota to watch people kill each other from the shadows. If you just want to spawn and shoot people why are you playing this game and complaining to us about it? There are other games out there that better suit your needs.

I think I know why you're here actually. You want other people to get mad when you kill them and dying in this game does get some people much more mad than dying in other games. Carry on but please keep your whining to yourself.

It's not about spawning and killing people.  It's about spawning and having something to do that actually progresses your character rather than running for 40 minutes in an empty landscape with nothing of value to a spot where you magically hit level 60 from the loot there.  Until there's something to do while I run this route, I don't see why they are making people run it.  There's no benefit in running through an empty landscape with nothing going on towards the end game loot.  It's just a blatant time sink.

We're here to test the game and spot bugs.  Quality of life balances for the PvP crowd isn't exactly huge on the agenda.

That's not my opinion, btw.  It's that of the developers.  Read that little disclaimer you have to click past before logging in to search for riches.

There are other games out there that better suit your needs.

Can't kill unarmed guys in those games. :|

Are you a child or something?  You addressed absolutely nothing instead deflecting by pointing out one example where some military loot is close to one subset of spawn points as proof that I'm 100% wrong that there's absolutely nothing to do along the run from spawn to military loot in terms of progression or even diversion.  Get a grip.

There's nothing to do while you run to military spawns and you know it.  That's why you refuse to address it at every turn.

You said you can't get military loot from there in under 40 minutes, that is 100% wrong.

As for you other point of "there is nothing to do along the way". You can do anything along the way and in Berezino that you can do in Cherno.

Your third point, I think, is that looting houses sucks cause they don't have military loot. If you want that loot you have to go get it. This is not a military sim. You don't start decked out with military gear. It sucks that I have to run around looting in 50 houses to find the gas stove I am looking for, but I do it. It sucks I have to look all over for .357 ammo, but I do it. If you just want awesome gear all the time this probably isn't the game for you.

Are there any other points you made that I should address?

Now my turn for a question. Did you play the mod? Everyone used to spawn on the south coast and the only way to get military loot was to run up to Stary or NWAF or NEAF. Balota had no military gear. It was fine then and is fine now. That gear is not meant to have in the first 5 minutes of game play.

• Like 2