Sign in to follow this  
Rednightjoe

"OooOOhh" - "That hurts..." Player groaning

Couldn't find any threads that addressed this, but I'm curious how long your player will complain after being bandaged and returned to full blood/health...

I'm finding the groaning really annoying, and it gives away my position...

Are you certain you had full blood?  It's a very slow process.  I had bandaged my buddy after he was mauled.  Took 2 saline bags, plus healthy eating and drinking.  After a few minutes he stopped groaning.

Then a few minutes later the server restarted, and his character was wiped and returned to shore.  :|

It's a place holder that's carried over from the mod, and will be replaced with something a little nicer in the future.

If it is still happening after returning to full "blood/health" then it sounds like a small bug of some sort.

Are you certain you had full blood?  It's a very slow process.  I had bandaged my buddy after he was mauled.  Took 2 saline bags, plus healthy eating and drinking.  After a few minutes he stopped groaning.

^^^ This.

put alcohol on your wounds, it will say you're sick but thats the effect of the alcohol cleaning your wounds

• Like 1

Then a few minutes later the server restarted, and his character was wiped and returned to shore.  :|

1 saline bag should restore him to max health, if you are full health/bandaged and groaning, you can just relog. I believe it's bugged because I have tried pain pills and lots of other stuff but just relogging after you fix the problem works at the moment.

This is a bug. DayZ characters will keep making the pain sounds even after being healed.

If you log out and back in again once you're healed, your guy will stop making the sounds.

• Like 1

put alcohol on your wounds, it will say you're sick but thats the effect of the alcohol cleaning your wounds

I've had this. Spawned Full health into a server, and LATER hear bitching about pain.

It's happened recently, Tried all that I can to stop it. 

Long ago, I had the same problem, But i had Alcohol. I applied it. After the sick feel, I was all COOL, fine.

I predict, The pain SOUND is infection, that's a feature that's not been added yet but can be cured currently.   

Edited by DaveZ

I've had this. Spawned Full health into a server, and LATER hear bitching about pain.

It's happened recently, Tried all that I can to stop it. 

Long ago, I had the same problem, But i had Alcohol. I applied it. After the sick feel, I was all COOL, fine.

I predict, The pain SOUND is infection, that's a feature that's not been added yet but can be cured currently.   

yeah, the alcohol is pretty good stuff, and it sounds like you were either infected or had brainflu, and you just have to clean it atm.

That usually is some type of infection. Going to either need alcohol to clean your wounds or antibiotics.

When I get hit by a zombie if I start making those noises I use the alcohol right away. :thumbsup:

Have tried multiple things but this seems to work for me and friends... Tincture and fresh bandages make it go away once your "wound are fully healed"

That usually is some type of infection. Going to either need alcohol to clean your wounds or antibiotics.

When I get hit by a zombie if I start making those noises I use the alcohol right away. :thumbsup:

Antibiotics seemed to have no effect

For an absolutely amazing analysis of DayZ's eating/drinking/blood/health system, watch this wonderful video.

You won't have many questions after watching that.  Definitely explains how blood regenerates.

• Like 3

Couldn't find any threads that addressed this, but I'm curious how long your player will complain after being bandaged and returned to full blood/health...

I'm finding the groaning really annoying, and it gives away my position...

Are you sure that this is the reason why you wrote " OooOOhh that hurts " ? ;)

Thanks for the replies - I can confirm that I was fully healed...and yes, logging out, and logging back in fixed the issue :)

Thanks again, guys!

The pain sound is bugged.. Painkillers are what you would normally use to treat it, but if you log out and back in, it goes away.. and since there's no "screen shaking" from pain, that's all that matters.. I still take the painkillers just for the realism aspect.

Are you sure that this is the reason why you wrote " OooOOhh that hurts " ? ;)

I see what you did there ;)

• Like 1

This is a bug. DayZ characters will keep making the pain sounds even after being healed.

If you log out and back in again once you're healed, your guy will stop making the sounds.

Confirming this, happened to me 3 times so far and a simple relog will solve the issue.