crazyandlazy

Should I invest my time in 1st Person Servers?

if this game was based on realism we wouldnt have are super human zoom in eyes, or zombies to begin with.

I'm sorry to tell you but yes the game is based on realism

For people wanting to try first person only turn your field of view up 3/4 in the video settings. Gives you a legit peripheral view. Your choice on head bob on/off.

Low fov is bad

Even with a 42'' tv and 1920x1080 I leave the fov on FIEL"D" OF VIEW

less than that the game looks like some shitty fps game, cs/pb with those "pro" tipps settings (lame) to get a cheat camera

I would only reduce that having triple monitors, otherwise I don't belive should actually change it... (for third person doenst look worst, just more far, but in first person your neck isnt more far!!!!)

Edited by JulioRey

Wow. My topic is really popular :]

Anyhow guys I've been playing both 1st and 3rd. I get dizzy in 1st person when looting houses so I have to switch servers when my eyes get tired. I see there is a setting to reduce this effect. Will have to test that out when I get home from work.

Yeah headbob seems to affect some players badly in terms of motion sickness. Personally I'm fine with it.

One issue I do have with FPV is that some items on top of wardrobes seem to be out of reach/unseeable, so if I'm in a TPV server I loot from third person... but usually Im in FPV so...I just miss some stuff.

Tiptoe button or mini stepladders please devs?

Pretty much every server is going to turn into a First Person Server, you wont need to invest your time into it. *sigh*

Hmm depends on how you like to play, I find first person servers are less prone to bandits than 3rd person servers... seems the ability to 3rd person look over fences and much other stuff is favoured by the kos player base.

Spent an hour on 3rd person enabled server and got killed... spent 5 or 6 hours on a first person server met many of survivers and lived peacefully no hassle or need to shoot!

It doesn't matter what you enjoy, all that matters is that the 1PP only "master race" are better than all of you and that your play style is wrong because they said so. This is more annoying than the KoS vs NON-KoS discussions.

It's a personal preference, and no one is wrong expect the people who are telling others they are wrong for having a difference preference.

• Like 1

FPV players aren't the master race... just TPV is broken mechanically because it doesn't take LOS into account...which is why FPV players think it's an inferior version of the game.

If that gets fixed there will be no further argument.

Well...I wouldn't say there will be no further argument...This IS the Internet after all. If the head Bob makes you feel ill (as it does for me) you can just turn it down.

Yay for splitting the community.

One does not simply 'split the community'. The community splits itself - with stupid shit like the argument this thread has degenerated into.

I'm sorry to tell you but yes the game is based on realism

One could as easily argue that while it's based on realism, the game is still... well, a game.

Well...I wouldn't say there will be no further argument...This IS the Internet after all.

^

It doesn't matter what you enjoy, all that matters is that the 1PP only "master race" are better than all of you and that your play style is wrong because they said so. This is more annoying than the KoS vs NON-KoS discussions.

It's a personal preference, and no one is wrong expect the people who are telling others they are wrong for having a difference preference.

"master race"........ever heard of WW2? Couldn't you pick a better adjective.

They should at least try adding a fps filter for the servers and see if that wont keep them all full, it might even split the community in a good way, all the combat loggers will obviously choose the servers with the wallhack after all.

"master race"........ever heard of WW2? Couldn't you pick a better adjective.

You may need to explain the word adjective for this guy.

If you guys seriously have trouble driving vehicles in Arma/DayZ and require TPV, maybe you shouldn't fly 100km/h down a tight turn.

There's a start.

• Like 1