Sign in to follow this  
desryachri

What dose "friendly" even mean?

Howmany times have you stumbled across a group start to run off they are like "friendly" ok cool calmly walk back replying "yeah yea I'm friendly"' they surround you question if your alone and proceed to threaten you like they have captured you? Like wtf stop crying friendly if your just going yo use it as a rouse.

Next guy to say friendly gets a bullet between the eyes.. Just saying.

Edited by Desryachri
  • Like 1

Friendly just mean "I won't KoS, please don't either!!".

Well... if I think about it, it can also mean "Let's play chernorussian roulette, I'll pull the trigger first."

So make sure to stay in cover and don't let them bust you, because in most cases they will turn into some unfriendly guys ;)

Edited by Khad
  • Like 3

Usually you only hear "friendly" when you meet sombody who has no (fire) weapon or stumble into somebody who is not pointing his gun onto you.

Friendly just mean "I won't KoS, please don't either!!".

but shoving crap in you while handcuffed like its a prise is not exactly being friendly is it I mean come on I'm never going to listen to anyone Who says friendly anymore lol.

Could of logged.. No I thought hey they seem cool they said they where friendly.. Nah bull$!+ lol people who cry friendly are not. I just don't get the mentality of such people.

"Friendly" means "You caught me in a disadvantageous position and I don't want you to kill me, so please give me time to pull out my weapon and shoot you in the back."

The second sentence is a mouthful, so they came up with "Friendly" as a way to express that quickly and efficiently. 

• Like 1

It means i'll kill you when you turn your back 

So killing me on sight is the best option

Edited by Frell

Sadly I think the term friendly is now even being misused. It should mean, "Hey I'm friendly! So where are you heading, If I had some beans for you I'd share..."

But now it means. (crap someone sees me and I am unarmed)"Hey, I'm friendly don't shoot" (if I only had a weapon...)

• Like 4

but shoving crap in you while handcuffed like its a prise is not exactly being friendly is it I mean come on I'm never going to listen to anyone Who says friendly anymore lol.

Could of logged.. No I thought hey they seem cool they said they where friendly.. Nah bull$!+ lol people who cry friendly are not. I just don't get the mentality of such people.

Could of Logged?  Oh boy looks like we have a combat logger here.....

Sadly I think the term friendly is now even being misused. It should mean, "Hey I'm friendly! So where are you heading, If I had some beans for you I'd share..."

But now it means. (crap someone sees me and I am unarmed)"Hey, I'm friendly don't shoot" (if I only had a weapon...)

Yeah I know I was looking to trade some m4 amo I found for some mosin amo maybe have a laugh or two.. NOPE I'm fully geared so are they we all had guns drawn I ran off in to the woods because I'm like oh shiiii kos here we go.. I hear "friendly" so I'm thinking yay a little chat about the awfull weather we have been having maybe share a pot of cooked rice together ( I'd have even cooked up a batch for them ) naaahhh handcuffs rotten fruit because being friendly means we are way passed first base no dating streight in for forcing stuff in to me :(

Could of Logged? Oh boy looks like we have a combat logger here.....

Could of Logged? Oh boy looks like we have a combat logger here.....

Wow ... Yes I could of.. I was long gone in the woods running in the opposite direction. I could of been a combat logger or even started to KoS on sight.. No go he friendly route.

Do you even think befor you post that was a sarcastic remark aimed at what it has become when you see someone logg kos or "pretend" to be friendly.

It's forum trolls like you who cry friendly in game.

Edited by Desryachri

maybe is mean they are friendly guys :)

maybe is meaning they kill on sight and hope you believing bullshits >:(

maybe is mean they wait to see what you doing before decide :huh:

if guy say friendly to me I ignore 100% make judge on action

talk cheap like cow shit in dayz :D

• Like 2

Friendly is just something you say so you can hopefully get the first shot in.

• Like 1

In my experiences,  the word "Friendly"  in the Dayz SA can really mean anything...  The lingo doesn't matter anymore...  Being able to be well enough equipped and experienced enough to protect yourself in the game is more important.  When me and my friends are roaming dayz fully geared we consider ourselves to be quite a "Friendly"  bunch...  We may stop a survivor and use them for our experiments to see what a certain liquid in a certain syringe really does to a person...  Or we may use them for a few bloods bags but we always have extra gear to give to the survivors that participate in our experiments and such.  I personally enjoy giving away that extra vest or pristine combat boots i found last time i was in the airfield...  The only person we killed outright was a man we ambushed on a highway we asked him several times to surrender and lay down he ignored our demands so we wasted him.  In this game it's hard to let that fully armed man pass by you when you know it may be that same person to shoot you in the back 15 or 20 minutes from now...  I think this is a game in which killing is expected it's the tactics used to come out on top that are in question...  I never ever say hey we are friendly...  If i plan to take a prisoner for our own agenda.  I simply say stop and surrender we won't kill you if you comply...  We then explain to them what we plan to use them for and then we either handcuff them and do what we want or we shoot them while they run away...  When you take control of a situation and the prisoner is no longer a threat shooting them in the face after telling them you are friendly or that you wont shoot them is quite ridiculous and low even for a game...

• Like 1

but IRL man but IRL you could use your vocal skills to lure weak people in! think about the governor from walking dead, a shiesty lier dude, pretends to be friendly and boom!

haha

but IRL man but IRL you could use your vocal skills to lure weak people in! think about the governor from walking dead, a shiesty lier dude, pretends to be friendly and boom!

haha

Yep true hence my first statement ;) the next "I'm friendly" gets a bullet. Harsh kos? They where going yo do the same tbh.

lol  The cool thing is in dayz you can make whatever decisions you want...  The difference between this game though and real life is that in the game the person you murdered is going to be alive again soon...  In real life they are dead forever... 

Man i gave you guys a trick.

Find some clothes that makes you look like a Canadian.

Then go out there with your axe screaming : '' IM UNARMED AND CANADIAN , DONT SHOOT EH !?''

You guys will be fine...  ;)

Friendly doesn't mean anything. If you have a fire arm, you are a threat, plain and simple. The only people I show quarter too are those that only have melee weapons. If someone has a gun and I get the drop on them, I "try" to give them a chance to drop their weapon and then I'll let them run away. Other wise, it's good times at the O.K. Corral.

• Like 1

Wow ... Yes I could of.. I was long gone in the woods running in the opposite direction. I could of been a combat logger or even started to KoS on sight.. No go he friendly route.

Do you even think befor you post that was a sarcastic remark aimed at what it has become when you see someone logg kos or "pretend" to be friendly.

It's forum trolls like you who cry friendly in game.

The fact you even brought up that you "could have logged" tells me your one of those cowardly lions who dissapears when things get hot...

It's combat logging trolls like you who cry firendly in game

Man i gave you guys a trick.

Find some clothes that makes you look like a Canadian.

Then go out there with your axe screaming : '' IM UNARMED AND CANADIAN , DONT SHOOT EH !?''

You guys will be fine...  ;)

fkin lol, i had a friend die to a "Canadian" so i can't trust that, but the work friendly is used way to much so i don't say friendly i usually say Don't shoot i'm passing through, don't need to KOS its really pointless. Killing someone for their food when i could of just went into the house next to me to find food.

Next guy to say friendly gets a bullet between the eyes.. Just saying.

This should be your ingame philosophy, 24/7. 90% of the players calling friendly are going to be bandits looking to get the first shot in. 8% of the rest are going to be bandits without a weapon who want the chance to find one.

Friendly is what I call out to get people to come out of hiding~