Isaaq

"It's an alpha."

The mod was created almost two years ago, it's still an alpha. Even it was abandoned it should be at least in beta stage... I believe the same thing will happen to SA. So far we can all see that it's not a separate game, created from scratch, but just a mod for ARMA3 which engine is not prepared to run a mmo zombie apocalypse game. Devs are experiencing the same problems Rocket was a year, or year an a half ago. Something completely different was promised, just to remind. Moreover it was promised to be ready and playable a year ago! December 2012! A year later, we still have an alpha... The biggest issue is that even it's a mod it's being advertised as a completely different game which has to be bought separately. In my opinion it's unfair. Honestly I don't believe that this project will be ever completed. I don't know the reasons behind all of this plus i don't want to point fingers, because i have been enjoying DayZ mod since it's very beginning, but clearly there is something wrong with DayZ developing model.

After all this time, people are still spouting this BS, you know why it was going to come out in 2012? Because they were going to just REPACKAGE THE MOD, it would have been the mod, just you had to pay more money to be able to play it.

The dev team were thankfully not stupid and decided that was a bad idea, so they put the time and effort into refitting the engine to something that fits DayZ, instead of piggybacking on top of an engine that was not made for DayZ.

The mod wasn't "abandoned", it was handed over to the community so they could do the standalone, and unlike the mod, this project has actual MONEY behind it, if you think they will just say "nah fuck it lets work on something else" you are dead wrong.

Stop spreading your stupid Rhino-like fud and do some actual research about the damn game.

Edited by Atomizer
  • Like 2

Well see the problem isn't the people suggesting things for SA, the problem is the people whining and moaning how this game is incomplete and utter shit and how they wasted their money and how rocket is not putting any updates because he ran off with all the money and bladiblabla whinydywhine.

A very large portion of people on this forum seem to think that because the game is in alpha, people shouldn't complain about bugs

Stopped there. That's exactly what it means.

By all means, inform people of the bugs. Explain the bugs. Provide information about the bugs.

But don't complain about them. Why? Because its an alpha.

What could you possibly hope to accomplish by complaining about bugs in an alpha?

What could your complaint possibly be? Why is this bug still in the game? Because its a fucking alpha.

Edited by Imbalanxd

Stopped there. That's exactly what it means.

By all means, inform people of the bugs. Explain the bugs. Provide information about the bugs.

But don't complain about them. Why? Because its an alpha.

What could you possibly hope to accomplish by complaining about bugs in an alpha?

What could your complaint possibly be? Why is this bug still in the game? Because its a fucking alpha.

QFT. Same goes for specific functions like tents. We know tents (or something similar) will be implemented.

I think it is the way people communicate it as well. Mainly this problem comes from three causes:

1. People do not use the search

2. People complain (sometimes quite rude) rather than support

3. People do not understand the game

Usually the bulk of the "it's in alpha" arguments are because the topic starter is in one of these categories, or all of them. Examples for each:

1. requesting functions or raving about bugs reported/discussed on multiple occasions. If somebody reports a bug in another thread, we don't need a second one. Especially if there is no additional information and it is just complaining.

2. The people complaining the get KoS'ed (and not come with solutions, or solutions related to 3). Especially the people who fail the understand EA and rave about "I did not pay for this PoS", especially when it is concernign core mechanics (again, see 3).

3. People keep suggesting crap not in line with the general idea of the mod. Punishing people who KoS, wanting no PvP, etc.

While sometimes the yelling of "it's an alpha" is tiresome, more often than not it is true, albeit a bit short.

edit: also, I forgot. Some people don't mention a problem, but also provide a solution, and think their specific solution should get the highest priority. In these cases I also understand yelling "alpha!"

Edited by Liquidje

I'll come back to this thread when its in Beta and has more to offer me as a consumer.

I would agree with you, but You are not that kind of consumer. They did you a favor when they allowed you to buy your way in a state where they did not even recommend it to help further the games development.

Alright, I honestly skipped through the replies after the OP so apoligies if this has already been mentioned.

People reply 'it be alpher' when someone probably posts in General Discussion, whining about it. We have an entire other site for the recording and removal of these bugs, but these people decide to instead just rant about the problem in the vain hope it's more effective than reporting it. They also often complain that the game is not satisfactory. One thing everyone must know is that it's the unspoken law not to review a game that isn't released, especially one like this which is barely out of closed dev.

If people were talking about bugs in some kind of support forum without judging the game, then it wouldn't get the treatment they do.

The way I understand it....

Alpha is the time to add features

Beta is to optimize the game and make it more playable

*shrug*

Alpha - report bugs on the bug tracker and discuss mechanics, request items, functionalities, w/e on the forums

Pretty much this 

Alpha - report bugs on the bug tracker and discuss mechanics, request items, functionalities, w/e on the forums

its alpha lamest cop out for anything people dont agree with.

any bugs = its alpha!

dont like animations = its alpha!

anticheat dont work = its alpha !

its alpha = its alpha !

wish devs would actually go back to putting out games like the old days that were released when finished and worked on release . now majority of games dont work even on release arnt fun to play and are just basically cut scenes blasted together.

with alpha public releases being sold there is literally no anything just messes of games being sold. just to cash in. such a shame that games are like this now.

Edited by dgeesio

any bugs = its alpha!

its alpha = its alpha !

wish devs would actually go back to putting out games like the old days that were released when finished and worked on release . now majority of games dont work even on release arnt fun to play and are just basically cut scenes blasted together.

with alpha public releases being sold there is literally no anything just messes of games being sold. just to cash in. such a shame that games are like this now.

People have chosen to pay for the games they really want to play right now. Usually you get a discounted price. You get a taste for a game like it is during development. Some people like this, if you don't that is fine. I have been playing alpha's and beta's for years, I don't see any problem as long as your expectations are realistic.

any bugs = its alpha! Report this in the proper channel, forums are for discussion, not bug reports.

dont like animations = its alpha! Thats an opinion most of the time, except in regard to what the developers have addressed, such as the melee animations

anticheat dont work = its alpha ! Been addressed by the developers, they know already, if they didn't, still report it in the proper channel, as it would be a bug.

its alpha = its alpha ! Wut

If you post complaining about bugs or other things not being in the game(ESPECIALLY if the devs have already acknowledged the issue and plan to do something about it), you should expect the "its alpha" spouting, because I have seen a lot of posts saying "I know its an alpha" then go on to complain about things that MAKE IT A DAMN ALPHA, and now you are complaining that people are telling people its an alpha.

It's not a cop out, its not being a fanboy.

If you want to have a proper discussion about maybe how you think something should work, or maybe a feature you would like to see(not one that is plainly obvious such as "more/harder zombies"), then you likely will not see "it's alpha" thrown around.

Remember, you did not buy an alpha, you pre-ordered, or "bought" if you would prefer not to use "pre-order" in this sense, the final product, there were plenty of warnings about expecting to see missing features, bugs, character wipes etc.

Now if someone spouts "its alpha" in a legit discussion about ideas, then they are in the wrong, but I haven't seen that happen very often.

any bugs = its alpha!

its alpha = its alpha !

Or you could just wait till the game comes out and pretend Alpha and Beta don't exist yet. Problem Solved.

Yeah calling shit alpha and people WarZ fanbodys when they dont find any other argument -  those piss me the most.

the funny thing is that this game will probably die before it gets to beta, considering how frequently they're adding stuff in And the amount of fanboys that the community is made of. 

Edited by lipemr

People have chosen to pay for the games they really want to play right now. Usually you get a discounted price. You get a taste for a game like it is during development. Some people like this, if you don't that is fine. I have been playing alpha's and beta's for years, I don't see any problem as long as your expectations are realistic.

no the point is charging people to play alphas when it used to be free!

if it were free fair enough but now majority of games are charging at alpha then never fixing half of the mess so end up getting money for broken games that will never be fixed where as if it was the old way the game wouldnt of sold as it wasnt finished. this is the difference now days . basically anyone whos in a dev position can knock up a bit of a idea and sell instantly.

with some of the most recent messes that people call games its becoming a joke how many arent sued for being unplayable or almost fraudilent products .

ive been testing and playing betas and doing it as a paid job testing for many many years infact literally everything ive done has been involved with gaming at some point. that has no relevance on why alphas should be sold to people.

Edited by dgeesio

the funny thing is that this game will probably die before it gets to beta, considering how frequently they're adding stuff in And the amount of fanboys that the community is made of. 

Bravo give this man boy a cookie for giving us some truly wonderful insight! Shame on those lackadaisical Devs over a Holiday period!

Edited by R.Neville

They released a patch every day for the first 3 days, the alpha has been released for 2 weeks, and there will be regular patches coming shortly after the new year, have some patience, you are the type of person who shouldn't have bought the game yet.

You don't see the issue, people are annoyed at others who complain about bugs.

You don't need to go all CAPSLOCKWARRIOR and you certainly don't need to act like you are being screwed over by the devs when you see a bug, because it is in alpher and the whole point of it is to iron out all the bugs in the game.

Edited by Gooner205
  • Like 1

Many people seem to be going on about the fact that certain features are planned on being implemented and as such, people shouldn't talk about them - mainly on the two examples I gave, cars and storage (tents.)

The point is, people don't just want the original systems from the mod, for the most part. People want something better. So, even if a feature is planned, it still needs to be talked about. In depth. Because before it's implemented, it needs to be known exactly what people want - so they don't implement it and have a tonne of things they have to change because people are complaining.

As for the complaining thing, I worded it a little badly in the OP. I don't like people complaining about things and did clear it up in a later post. My point was that when people brought up certain things, even if it was in a good way, there'd always be at least one person taking it out of context and bitching at them because it's in alpha.

no the point is charging people to play alphas when it used to be free!

if it were free fair enough but now majority of games are charging at alpha then never fixing half of the mess so end up getting money for broken games that will never be fixed where as if it was the old way the game wouldnt of sold as it wasnt finished. this is the difference now days . basically anyone whos in a dev position can knock up a bit of a idea and sell instantly.

with some of the most recent messes that people call games its becoming a joke how many arent sued for being unplayable or almost fraudilent products .

ive been testing and playing betas and doing it as a paid job testing for many many years infact literally everything ive done has been involved with gaming at some point. that has no relevance on why alphas should be sold to people.

I find the alternative retarded: that if you really want to play a game even tho' it is not completed, why should I not be able to buy it? Many people here played tons of hours of this Alpha and had loads of fun doing it. I understand your point that Alpha should be free, but to be honest, we have seen that (in part due to retarded kids) broken alpha's/beta's could have repurcussions for games, and I have the sense that this is becoming less with paid alpha's (and even still some people still don't get it and complain here about how unfinished the game is).

From my point of view, early access is a take it or leave it deal. It is usually discounted. And yeah, there is a small risk of buying a broken game that is not getting fixed, but how often did this acutally happen with the high-profile games? Yeah, paying some no-name developer for a non-finished game is a risk you take yourself. Personally, all the games I backed or took early access on were not very broken and are still in continuious development.

Also, understand how this works: if you are a small dev, you can't get tied up in your project for 3 years all the while hoping that your investment makes up for it. So hey, why shouldn't you release the game as early access when it is playable and the core mechanics are working?

Which messes do you talk about? Are these early access games?

You don't see the issue, people are annoyed at others who complain about bugs.

You don't need to go all CAPSLOCKWARRIOR and you certainly don't need to act like you are being screwed over by the devs when you see a bug, because it is in alpher and the whole point of it is to iron out all the bugs in the game.

This.

Yeah calling shit alpha and people WarZ fanbodys when they dont find any other argument -  those piss me the most.

It's impossible to take anyone seriously who comes here complaining about DayZ and trying to compare it to WarZ.

This thread probably would've been deleted and got the OP temp-banned if not flat out banned on the WarZ forums.

WarZ was so bad they had to pull it off Steam and refund everyone. WarZ moderators were highly abusive throwing bans around left and right to anyone critical of the game. Later Titov, the lead developer said that the "vocal minority" (lol, right...minority) who had been pointing out all these fatal flaws were right to do so...still didn't unban them though, trololol. Titov and the WarZ team ripped off art assets from The Walking Dead, ripped off UI and other elements from Crysis, and the whole game was pretty much just a heavily recycled version of the last crapfest they produced, War Inc. They even issued DMCA takedowns on people who posted fan made videos for WarZ, you know like actual good publicity?

Pretty much everyone involved with WarZ/ISS has been one big drama bomb...and that's putting it in the nicest way possible.

• Like 2

They released a patch every day for the first 3 days, the alpha has been released for 2 weeks, and there will be regular patches coming shortly after the new year, have some patience, you are the type of person who shouldn't have bought the game yet.

i didnt, and i wont, and what did they add in game in total? a revolver?

5.1 million dollars, 15 days and all they add is a fucking revolver? OOOH yeah, and they need to go on holyday vacations, cause no one ever works on holdays, right? They made 5 million on the back of people that want this game to get better and what do they do? Say a big FUCK the customers and go out to spend their money, the game people paid for can wait.

Edited by lipemr