Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

Zombies hits = Bleeding (almost everytime)

This is WAY too common, especially when you factor in zeds that can hit you while facing the other way. This forces you to take the time to tear up your shirt, slowly bandage yourself up after clicking use several times to get it to work, and really doesn't make sense. When I'm bashing at a zed with a shovel, it shouldn't be able to slash at me, its attacks should be interrupted if I am the one who hits first.

Plus, bleeding occurs almost everytime I'm hit. Am I just unlucky?

I think that the one hit = bleeding nature is fine.

However, the bugged zombies make that somewhat difficult to deal with at times.  Just remember, the game is in Alpha and eventually the zeds won't be able to walk through walls and hit you while facing the other way.

• Like 1

If you're getting hit by zombies that often and it takes you such a long time to bandage you might be experiencing some latency related issues, it is actually incredibly easy to avoid taking damage from zombies completely. They pretty much only get to hit me when my character gets stuck in some stupid animation loop like if I try to switch weapons while my weapon was raised.

Shovels are terrible though, punching them is better than every melee weapon except for the baseball bat and the two axes.

As for the bleeding chances, I don't get hit by them that often but I think that when I do get hit bleeding is pretty common, I'd say it's something like 20% or 30% chance

wait till they attack, move back to avoid it, then hit them straight after they swipe/jump at you

They should remove the bleeding, the DayZ zombies don't have claws like Wolverine that tear your body apart, therefore it's unrealistic they cause any kind of bleeding.

Zombies should only make you bleed if they bite you, I hope Rocket adds biting zombies to the game. Zombies with sharp claws would make more sense, I hope we see  more different types of zombies in the future.

Edited by fondlemyballs

Get a fireaxe so it only takes one hit.

Also, unequip whatever your holding to bandage in 1 try.

But in response to your flaming: I agree; what person have you ever known that every time they hid someone else, violent bleeding was induced? I know that zombies are supposed to bite, but for the most part their animation looks like they're trying to slap and headbutt you. Make the animation match someone that causes bleeding and I'll be happy, but until then bleeding on every hit is ridiculous. (especially when running in basic circles is impossible given the SA's awkward-as-hell movement, even compared to the rest of the ArmA series!)

Clothing may influence the chances of bleeding significantly. I'm definitely below a 10% chance of bleeding, I guess. Tan Tactical Shirt, TTsKO Pants, Tactical Vest, Black Working Gloves and a Ballistic Helmet obviously helps a lot. Question is what does any single item contribute to this effect and is the result greater than the sum of its parts  ;)

• Like 1

I always wait till the zombie is a few feet from me and begin circling the bastard, usually i just have to go to the right of them and smack em with my axe. Did that every time a zombie came at me last night. never got hit.

• Like 1

Get a fireaxe so it only takes one hit.

Also, unequip whatever your holding to bandage in 1 try.

But in response to your flaming: I agree; what person have you ever known that every time they hid someone else, violent bleeding was induced? I know that zombies are supposed to bite, but for the most part their animation looks like they're trying to slap and headbutt you. Make the animation match someone that causes bleeding and I'll be happy, but until then bleeding on every hit is ridiculous. (especially when running in basic circles is impossible given the SA's awkward-as-hell movement, even compared to the rest of the ArmA series!)

The problem is that the fireaxe is the only reliable melee in the game. Every other melee weapon is just useless and is pretty much the same, forcing you to circlestrafe and dodge glitchy attacks in order to kill zeds. 

• Like 1

They should remove the bleeding, the DayZ zombies don't have claws like Wolverine that tear your body apart, therefore it's unrealistic they cause any kind of bleeding.

Zombies should only make you bleed if they bite you, I hope Rocket adds biting zombies to the game. Zombies with sharp claws would make more sense, I hope we see  more different types of zombies in the future.

I observed zombie attacks and they do bite.

I observed zombie attacks and they do bite.

But when a zombie like puts out their arms or slaps you, you shouldn't start bleeding.

But when a zombie like puts out their arms or slaps you, you shouldn't start bleeding.

And for me it works like that. I haven't bleed from zombie "slap" attack since I wear vest, gloves and helmet.

Technically Zombies aren't really trying to punch you.  They're trying to tear off your flesh and eat it.  Makes sense.

This stops when you get better clothing and a helmet of some sort.

Technically Zombies aren't really trying to punch you.  They're trying to tear off your flesh and eat it.  Makes sense.

This stops when you get better clothing and a helmet of some sort.

I thought they try to knock you out or hold you down, to bite.

The problem is that the fireaxe is the only reliable melee in the game. Every other melee weapon is just useless and is pretty much the same, forcing you to circlestrafe and dodge glitchy attacks in order to kill zeds. 

The only reason the other weapons are glitchy is because you either wind up blocking when you're trying to swing or you swing as if trying to hit someone next to you. Literally every click I attack (even being slow to make sure my PC doesn't misinterpret fast clicking as one long click) with the kitchen knife, my guy just puts his hand up and then gets knocked unconscious/malled.

• Like 1

I thought they try to knock you out or hold you down, to bite.

According to the game animation, that's what they try to do.

In all the Zombie fiction I've read/watched they're trying to tear you apart, literally.  But usually this isn't just them trying to standup fight you.  They're literally throwing themselves at you for whatever chance they can get to eat you.  I think that's why most zombie games that incorporate QTEs they're mostly trying to grab you and bite you.

• Like 1

As you get gear, you bleed less. At end game level, I've stood with three zombies attacking me at once and not bled for a fair amount of time.

One of the side effects of being immune to the zombie virus is a high level of hemophilia.  That is why you bleed so easily.

The attack animation is not what the zombie is actually doing.

I would think of it as a place-holder or signal for a zombie attack. It's better than the zombie running up to you and then words appearing in the bottom left of the screen saying "Zombie claws and bites at you".

Even though they're not doing something that visually looks like they would make you bleed just pretend that they are..maybe the animation will improve..

As for the bleed chance it is definitely reduced once you have some protective gear. Just today I was getting attacked by an invisible zombie and stood still for a bit while trying to kill the bugger. I got hit at least three times but didn't bleed.. I had tactical helmet, tactical vest etc...

Edited by Jaybopper

i bleed every time i am hit. only have bobble hat and raincoat on