lauri7x3

Fast/Safe Item Trading (serverfriendly)

i have an idea about how to trade fast and maybe also safe. i am rid of dropping everything so others can take it. also u cant enter backpacks no more (yet).

how about u press a key like F5 to do an animation to stretch out hands like this

top_shaende_haende_g.jpg

those hands show up in your vincinity like a bagpack on the ground. it maybe got 10 slots or like that. if u drag items in there the server does not have to render the real object on the ground which causes lags and lost items.max. 2 ppl can do this trade at once.  and if u like a safe trade to could offer items in your open hands for any goods in your opponents hand and u both have to accept the trade first. (like you pull back your hands).

with items in your hands still in the animation u cant run and u cant hold or shoot weapons.like that.

eb-Bolivien-H%C3%A4nde-mit-Kakao_613px_w

u must first put them in ur inventory to go on.

what do you think? i think its good because it doesnt strain the server and its much faster,easier, and safer,  then simply dropping. but u could still drop items nevertheless

ps. sry i dindnt find better pics lol

Edited by Lauri7x3
  • Like 3

Good idea this may limit KOS a bit if friendly are trading...

Although unfortunately as we all know bandits seem to trade in lead. ;)

Edited by Aussie Bogan
  • Like 1

i have an idea about how to trade fast and maybe also safe. i am rid of dropping everything so others can take it. also u cant enter backpacks no more (yet).

how about u press a key like F5 to do an animation to stretch out hands like this

top_shaende_haende_g.jpg

those hands show up in your vincinity like a bagpack on the ground. it maybe got 10 slots or like that. if u drag items in there the server does not have to render the real object on the ground which causes lags and lost items.max. 2 ppl can do this trade at once.  and if u like a safe trade to could offer items in your open hands for any goods in your opponents hand and u both have to accept the trade first. (like you pull back your hands).

with items in your hands still in the animation u cant run and u cant hold or shoot weapons.like that.

eb-Bolivien-H%C3%A4nde-mit-Kakao_613px_w

u must first put them in ur inventory to go on.

what do you think? i think its good because it doesnt strain the server and its much faster,easier, and safer,  then simply dropping. but u could still drop items nevertheless

ps. sry i dindnt find better pics lol

Pls sir, may I hav some more?

Same could be done with weapons, hold both ends and weapon out in front, guy presses f5 to present it, other guy must be close and have crosshair close to get the F option to take into hands.

your hands got some slots. my idea was that at min one weapon could fit in there as well. its suppose to work with every item of course

I want to say I saw a video with this exact type of animation and a "give" function where you get to present an item to a player (as opposed to dropping it on the ground) and they can take it straight from your hands.

I don't know about the whole "agree to trade" thing.  Breaks immersion, is to MMOish, and honestly if you present something to another player and they take it and run...well that's just part of the realistic nature of the game.  They could always have just shot you in the face and took everything.

• Like 1

yeah i like this a lot i agree with bakercompany86 there should be no agree just if your present an item it's free to the world till you cancel the animation also adds another layer of the whole trusting other players dynamic!

Edit: the hands pictures made this post lol

Edited by twingunz

Mod should sticky this or something, atleast aspects of this idea should seem great to rocket. minimal damage to the server and more fluid gameplay.

I want to say I saw a video with this exact type of animation and a "give" function where you get to present an item to a player (as opposed to dropping it on the ground) and they can take it straight from your hands.

I don't know about the whole "agree to trade" thing.  Breaks immersion, is to MMOish, and honestly if you present something to another player and they take it and run...well that's just part of the realistic nature of the game.  They could always have just shot you in the face and took everything.

the main idea was without the "safe thing" but i wanted to write this as option as well. i am totally ok if there is no safe option but i wanted to hear other opinions

and thanks mazzar i appreciate this.

Edited by Lauri7x3

Inb4 playing a beggar in racks sitting on the sidewalk in cherno. 

what?

I like the idea, if I'm playing with a friend, but I'd never do that with a stranger.  It does also give the devs an alternative to the trading via taking stuff out of other players backpacks... illiminating pick pockets.  But dropping it on the ground gives you the chance to give someone something and back away to a safe distance.  Imagine handing a new spawn a water bottle or something and he punches you in the face while you're stuck in the animation.

I like the idea, if I'm playing with a friend, but I'd never do that with a stranger.  It does also give the devs an alternative to the trading via taking stuff out of other players backpacks... illiminating pick pockets.  But dropping it on the ground gives you the chance to give someone something and back away to a safe distance.  Imagine handing a new spawn a water bottle or something and he punches you in the face while you're stuck in the animation.

well first of all... trust no one.

and second. u still got the option to drop it.

uhm...

Altough the idea seems pretty awesome, and it wouldn't harm anyone if implemented, but.. would anyone actually use it?

I woudln't. I would just rob people, and if they did as I told them I would even give them stuff in refund and let them go.

But never, never, never ever would I trust someone in DayZ enough to put my weapon off.

i think a lot of ppl would use it because there are also teamplayer. no one will block u from robbing ppl.