Sign in to follow this  
Gerandar

Why no zombie kids?

Gotta add some kid zombies, i mean they have to have had families in cherno, they can drop useless vanity items like toy's.

And Zombie toddlers as well....

I don't know something about shooting kids zombie or not makes me feel sick..

But i guess in a realistic scenario Your right

It would make the game banned in Australia and some other country's. Thats why the re are none.

I think most people would see that sort of realism as being in poor taste. It would also probably attract some unwanted attention from the various moral crusader groups. I don't personally see any benefit in child zombies being added to the game.

Besides, they'd have to mo-cap an entirely new set of animations, probably. I'm no expert on developing, but I'm pretty sure they can't just "shrink down" the current zombie models into children.

TL;DR: No. Just no.

• Like 1

I'd love it, but a large part of the playerbase would no longer be able to get the game.

It would make the game banned in Australia and some other country's. Thats why the re are none.

If game developers keep giving in to their retarded censorship laws, things will never change.

• Like 1

Most games don't have children you can kill because it's in extremely poor taste. And censorship issues...

• Like 2

If game developers keep giving in to their retarded censorship laws, things will never change.

You say that as if they have a choice, if they implement child zombies this game would end up banned in several countries across the world along with lawsuits, protest etc therefore it would be bad for business, therefore it won't be happening. Laws are laws can't get around them.

First: I would shit my pants if I saw a zombie kid walking in the middle of the night.

Second: I think some countries, as mentioned, wouldn't like this idea and some people wouldn't be able to play the game.

Third: People could refuse to kill the children, because, well... I wouldn't feel good killing kids either

All I can imagine by killing a zombie kid in DayZ is my character hitting the head of the baby-Z with a baseball bat and the head flying and hitting a dude at the other side of the map. Baseball-Z

• Like 1

hell the opening scenes of the walking dead first season has rick nail a child with a toy in its hand( a zed child)  censors didnt stop that. it would be realistic to have children zeds and may even make it harder having to aim lower for a child zed head.

This whole poor taste thing doesnt seem to wash as what its ok to kill hundreds of adult zeds it is fine to act like a raving mad man killing any human you see its fine to cuff someone drain them of blood feed them rotten food chemicals and or break legs and leave to be eaten by zeds.

But oh no you cant hurt the children zeds that would be wrong LOL come on this is a game that simulates a zed apoc why no children.

• Like 1

You say that as if they have a choice, if they implement child zombies this game would end up banned in several countries across the world along with lawsuits, protest etc therefore it would be bad for business, therefore it won't be happening. Laws are laws can't get around them.

We're not talking about communist China and North Korea here. If enough people demanded they change the censorship laws in Australia, I'm sure they could get them changed. I know if Canada was censored like that I would still push for stuff like this to be added, and then worry about breaking the law or fighting to change them. Fuck censorship.

• Like 1

it would be realistic to have children zeds and may even make it harder having to aim lower for a child zed head.

But oh no you cant hurt the children zeds that would be wrong LOL come on this is a game that simulates a zed apoc why no children.

Realistic, like the zombies, right?

The zombies (who aren't truly zombies) are fiction. It could very well be that the infection has a high mortality rate which is 100% on kids.

And yes people are more prone to be accepting of killing adults than children. That's a normal thing. 

• Like 1

Realistic, like the zombies, right?

The zombies (who aren't truly zombies) are fiction. It could very well be that the infection has a high mortality rate which is 100% on kids.

And yes people are more prone to be accepting of killing adults than children. That's a normal thing. 

I liked the 100% effect on children, it covers this whole "realistic" thing. And it makes sense...

We're not talking about communist China and North Korea here. If enough people demanded they change the censorship laws in Australia, I'm sure they could get them changed. I know if Canada was censored like that I would still push for stuff like this to be added, and then worry about breaking the law or fighting to change them. Fuck censorship.

Well sure what you're saying is true, however the reason the censorship laws exist is that the general population from whatever country has a moral code that they refuse to break, for example the SS symbol etc being banned/ censored in Germany due to the holocaust in WW2 (I'm aware that might be a bit over the top and obvious bot you get my point). And yes the general population finds killing children in any form is against their morals. So even if you wanted the censorship laws to be dropped, it's not going to happen. I do get the point of realism you and the rest of the gaming community want but there is only so far that realism factor can be taken and child zombies in most people's case would overstep those bounds, which would result in no one playing it even without censorship.

I remember times when SH1 was changed (!) cause of killing monster-childrens in school by man with steel pipe. But it was a  long time ago, and after 1999 we see a lot "demonic" childrens. And i found it damn creepy.. (imigine 5-7 kidz in night fall in school)  :thumbsup:

I think:

-only a few players really wanna see zombie children

-the great majority of players don't care much either way

-the rest don't want to see them, and neither do government regulators or parents

-there are more important things to be spending time on

That's why.

• Like 1

Well sure what you're saying is true, however the reason the censorship laws exist is that the general population from whatever country has a moral code that they refuse to break, for example the SS symbol etc being banned/ censored in Germany due to the holocaust in WW2 (I'm aware that might be a bit over the top and obvious bot you get my point). And yes the general population finds killing children in any form is against their morals. So even if you wanted the censorship laws to be dropped, it's not going to happen. I do get the point of realism you and the rest of the gaming community want but there is only so far that realism factor can be taken and child zombies in most people's case would overstep those bounds, which would result in no one playing it even without censorship.

I understand, and if I was looking to make money on this games success, I'd agree. But, I am morally opposed to censorship of any kind. So this is bigger than DayZ for me, it carries over to everything, swastikas in video games, SS symbols, killing children, unarmed civilians, torture, rape, murder, it should never be the government telling us we can't make games/movies/books about this stuff. It should be us as individual humans saying "No, that is going too far for me" on a case by case basis.

Censorship is such a hypocritical thing, they can show piles of mutilated child corpses in Syria all over, but heaven forbid we kill a fictional zombie child in an 18+ video game. Fuck that, fuck censorship.

• Like 1

that'll never happen in any game anytime soon BUT I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this i do feel in 30+ years i feel things like that will be acceptable in games, as the older generations step down / die out and the internet generation steps up and if religion continues on the rapid decline becoming the minority I think it will become normal to see kids in games.

Heres the question i raise to people saying shooting a child is morally and ethically wrong, how is killing a child more wrong than killing an adult taking human life is always terrible no matter who it is or there age ALL human life is important thus killing a child is no worse than killing an adult.

if people hate on me for this opinion that is your issue as all this is is my honest opinion, just as yours is your own nothing more.

Edited by twingunz