Sign in to follow this  
DamnDialUp

New weapons?

Anyone know when we should be expecting more weapons? Especially firearms as the M4 and FNX45 alone are a bit dull.

Also, what guns do you guys want to see?

.357 and 2 different shotguns are right around the corner (double barreled and 870 pump).  Also the crossbow is slated after that.

.357 item file exists, but hasn't been added to loot tables yet.  And obviously shotgun ammo is already in the game, so we'll see a shotgun really soon.

There was actually a really good weapon thread not too long ago.  Let me see if I can find it.  Great discussion on it.

I want a M14 or something of that sort. Like a semi auto high cal. gun. Like the FAL in the mod.

Automatic weapons should be more rare but there should be machineguns, Pistols and shotguns more common and ammo should be really rare. And i want to be able to craft molotovs.

I'm waiting for an AK family gun and Makarov. TT would be great too. 

I thought double barrel & 357 were just really rare?

rarer than m4 and mosin? 

on the topic: well, there was supposed to be the revolver already, can't see it somehow...

I thought double barrel & 357 were just really rare?

Me too.  At one point I was hoarding over 60 shotgun shells waiting for my beloved shotgun.  But nope, not in the game yet.  Your search is over.  And you can stop wasting inventory space with useless ammo (for now).

To the guy that mentioned the M14.  This is one of my favorite weapons of all time (in reality).  I really wish M14s were in the game.  It would be the only thing I used  :D

Agree with the fact that automatic weapons need to be very rare.  I think a strong reduction in the spawn rate of the M4 is planned.  And it will probably continue to be reduced as more weapons are added and the game progresses.  Hopefully anyway.  

EDIT:  Here is the link to the other weapons discussion.  Feel free to bump it as it already had a great deal of discussion.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159507-guns-i-dont-want-to-see-in-the-game/?hl=weapons#entry1601217

Edited by Bakercompany86

357 is in 925 Beta, but before they left for christmas they forgot to patch some servers to 925. So, the patch is out, but no servers are running it. Thus no 357

• Like 1

I want a M14 or something of that sort. Like a semi auto high cal. gun. Like the FAL in the mod.

Meh, those things didn't have enough recoil.

I would prefer civilian guns.

FNX45 is basically a 1911

How dare you compare my beloved 1911 to a shitty wanna-be .45

• Like 1

i want a10 wreck with Avenger i can take and use (its only 281kg after all)

Edited by Felthat

Meh, those things didn't have enough recoil.

I would prefer civilian guns.

M14 doesn't have enough recoil?  In reality or in game?

Because in reality....M14 has plenty of recoil.  Just make it accurate in game.

EDIT:  Accurate...as in the realism of the recoil of an M14... (use your words Baker...)

Edited by Bakercompany86

thankfully i'm a simple gun type'o'guy i just want my 870 (with a wooden pistol grip o course as im like gansgsta n shiz yo) and a m1911 so i should get both my wishes some simple guns for a simple man!

M4A1, FNX45, Magnum .357, SKS, Mosin 9130, Ruger 1022, AK74, izh43 and much much more.

I'm waiting for an AK family gun and Makarov. TT would be great too. 

Yea an AK would be awesome to use and for christs sake aren't we in Russia? Where are the AK's?!?!