Sign in to follow this  
bassist05

Stop with the "This weapon doesnt belong" posts.

Seriously. We are talking about a fictional country in a fictional setting and the dev team are writing the lore for the world as they go along.

If they want m4's in their world? Guess what? Chernarus has a mass amount of m4's. 

They want a fancy revolver in their world? Guess what? Chernarus has a bunch of fancy revolvers all over the place.

You people don't have a clue as to the reasoning behind the weapons being there but obviously the devs want these guns in Dayz and that should be enough for you.

And stop with the "BUT MAI IMMERSUN" posts. If something as simple as a revolver/rifle being in a fictional country you don't think it should be completely ruins your immersion then I am beginning to wonder how you play any video games at all.

• Like 7

If only you could downvote threads like in reddit and have this one disappear into the void.

• Like 3

Its not about immersion, but authenticity. ;)

Indeed it is. But considering the clothing included already I don't think it's that bizarre that m4's are in the world given the fact that half the tactical shirts have the us flag on them. 

Exactly this. It wouldn't seem very authentic if you could find M4's in every single house in Cherno, would it?

DayZ is about realism, and Western weapons aren't realistic in a poor ex Soviet state.

• Like 1

If I am wandering around a russian countryside and come across some futuristic super snipe or assault rifle that looks like it belongs in planetside it kind of breaks the immersion for me. But that is just my opinion and experience obviously and it isn't a deal breaker if Rocket decides to go that way. I doubt he will anyway.

• Like 1

Indeed it is. But considering the clothing included already I don't think it's that bizarre that m4's are in the world given the fact that half the tactical shirts have the us flag on them. 

You raise a valid point there. I hadn't thought of that. I guess I hadn't noticed that much. Clothing should also reflect the setting. Therefore: Moar Russian clothing items! :P 

Appart from that authenticity is the key. 

7:1 against OP

If this were Chernamerica and would be on the east coast of the USofA i would say yes you are right...

If I am wandering around a russian countryside and come across some futuristic super snipe or assault rifle that looks like it belongs in planetside it kind of breaks the immersion for me. But that is just my opinion and experience obviously and it isn't a deal breaker if Rocket decides to go that way. I doubt he will anyway.

Nowhere did I say anything about futuristic super snipers so I'm not sure where you got the idea that I thought those were getting put in. However most of the guns people are complaining about really aren't that far fetched and it's really aggravating seeing the same people in every thread going "WHY WOULD THAT BE IN A FICTIONAL EASTERN EUROPEAN COUNTRY? HERE'S SOME INFO ABOUT A COUNTRY THAT IS REAL AND THEREFORE UNRELATED TO THE ONE THE THREAD IS ABOUT".

Fact is the place is fictional and who's to say revolvers aren't very popular in Chernarus?

You raise a valid point there. I hadn't thought of that. I guess I hadn't noticed that much. Clothing should also reflect the setting. Therefore: Moar Russian clothing items! :P

Appart from that authenticity is the key. 

I'd like to see a lot more russian styled weapons and clothing myself but the fact is the US has some kind of presence in the area so all I'm saying is knock it off with the whining since it does nothing but take away from the discussion and cause arguments. Dean will put in whatever he feels fits his setting and we currently don't have a real clear picture of what that setting is yet.

• Like 2

7:1 against OP

If this were Chernamerica and would be on the east coast of the USofA i would say yes you are right...

Because obviously you read the thread. 

U will never find a futuristic super assault rifle in the countryside in dayz...u will find the high end military gear in military locations. Factor in that its a zombie apocalypse and its not that unrealistic that u might find some strange stuff at odd places.

It could be possible, that it has something to do with the lore. 

What if, the USA conquered Chernorussia before the Z's came? Honestly I don't have any idea about DayZ and don't want to mix it up with the ArmA-Story. 

Eastern Bloc has a bad illegal "underground" arms trade problem which means there are lots and lots of firearms in all shapes and sizes in the area. Just because that part of the world is famous for Kalashnikov's work doesn't mean that every single rifle over there is purely Russian. AR15's are popular which means there is a demand for them, do you think Russian mobsters care if they are selling AR's? They're doing what they are doing because they want to make money. Money defines authenticity and you can not authenticate their sales.

• Like 1

If only you could downvote threads like in reddit and have this one disappear into the void.

Moderators make em disapear if they disagree with the idea, so there is still hope lol

Eastern Bloc has a bad illegal "underground" arms trade problem which means there are lots and lots of firearms in all shapes and sizes in the area. Just because that part of the world is famous for Kalashnikov's work doesn't mean that every single rifle over there is purely Russian. AR15's are popular which means there is a demand for them, do you think Russian mobsters care if they are selling AR's? They're doing what they are doing because they want to make money. Money defines authenticity and you can not authenticate their sales.

I didn't even think of the possible smuggled in weapons being brought out by the criminals of the country during a zombie apocalypse. Could lead to some even more interesting weapons that are very rare.

Moderators make em disapear if they disagree with the idea, so there is still hope lol

Coming from the guy who suggested we make melee weapons useless and make zombies only to die to headshots, I'll take it as a compliment that you want my thread deleted.

It could be possible, that it has something to do with the lore. 

What if, the USA conquered Chernorussia before the Z's came? Honestly I don't have any idea about DayZ and don't want to mix it up with the ArmA-Story. 

I'm not sure if Rocket intends to keep Arma2 lore for the region or not and I'm not sure if anyone does but Rocket. I doubt the US conquered the region though. We are well known for our involvement in other countries business though lol.

Edited by bassist05
  • Like 2

here lets this guy answer all your questions just look the rifles he got on his table before first take off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

FPS Russia lives in america if I remember correctly. However the same idea applies, people seem to think that this type of gear is only in the hands of the military even though alot of it is crafted by licensed civilians or acquired by criminals. A combination of the two provides a high number of weapons from a small number of people. The gear is out there regardless of where you are. Hell even with all of EU's hardcore gun laws they still have tons of firearms in the hands of civilians.

There are many military bases in chernarus and if you played arma 2 MOST of them were occupied by Americans.

So western weapons are not out of place.

Why must Dayz have something to do with the things going on in Chernarus displayed in the Arma story? In Dayz Chernarus is just a pre-made almost-whole-country as a free playground. It does not have to base on any story told in Arma or somewhere else.

Why do you think the AK variants were so popular among certain groups? Cheap, easy to use easy to maintain and it kills just to name a few of it's selling points. You get like 100 AKs for 1 bARbie rifle.

Wasn't there a NATO conflict in the area? At least that's what the mod made everyone believe, iirc.

For me anything is cool, I mean, for every major  NATO rifle there's a Soviet counterpart anyway. People just think that having those guns would turn the game into an arcade shooter, which is totally false. I mean, it's pretty certain we'll have 7.62 semi-autos at one point, and guess what this game has? An attachment system! Smack a scope on it, and bam! DMR substitute. And that's good! I like a lot of different type of weapons, not a huge selection of weapons that are nearly the same, like 10 kinds of 9mm pistols or pellet tubes. That's gameplay right there, for me.

However, the spawning of loot was too simple in the mod. Even if you had a weapon with only 0.1% spawn chance, there wasn't a max cap, so as long as you let enough time pass, you'd have an entire server full of said gun. SA should fix that if they can implement their gear spawn control system.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

I would advocate weapon diversity more than authenticity. US military weapon should and will be in the game, but they should only be limited to either all airfields or just the NW one. Saying 'OMG Russian State so russian gunz' is about as accurate as saying that DayZ is an FPS: It has the element, but it's not the whole game.

Ya... sorry, no.

Just because the game is fictional doesn't mean anything is appropriate or believable.