Pablo290492

Why everyone is soo unfriendly?

I tend to kill most people I see.

If they have a Mosin/M4 I will shoot straight away, no questions asked.

If they only have an axe I will make sure they see me and if they move away from me I will let them be.

If they have nothing at all I will let them live.

This game in it's current state is a Deathmatch game with running, the survival aspect is so easy to 'beat' and gearing up to military grade can take a few minutes with a lucky spawn.

I currently see no reason to cooperate with players outside of my friends as there is no benefit, nothing worth trading or selling.

yeah but you get much more interesting situations when you don't deathmatch. you might meet someone who's horribly ill and try to help them. you might make a temporary half hour friend, you might end up killing them because you find out they're an asshole. i fail to see how being friendly has no point.

It's because the PvE aspect of the game is incredibly easy at the moment (the zombie threat, hunger/thirst, the elements). Once the devs crank the PvE difficulty a bit, it will definitely encourage teamwork.

Over the top yes, nor would it fit with DayZ standards, but the idea is - who would think of shooting survivors when conditions are like this?

with even half the zombies of l4d and the amount of fun they are to shoot then dayZ would be game of the century

The new spawns at night, blazing their "come murder me" signals are fun to mess with in direct comms.  Sneak up really close while still being hidden and start saying things like "I seeeeee youuuuu".  The last time I did it, the guy started screaming "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" and then poof... logged out, can't really call it combat logged cuz there was no combat and I had no intention of hurting him, although I'm pretty sure he needed to change his underwear after that.

This is the kind of thing that needs to happen more often. :ph34r:

Making other players sweat without really harming them, adds much to the experience.

I wouldnt even be mad if someone just did a nicely planned stickup rather than straight up murder me in the face.

This game is somuch more than just an elaborate round of COD/BF, and people should act accordingly.

The first player I see, I plan on robbing rather than just killing.

I'll have my guillysuited friend sit some 200 meters behind me as I make contact holding my lowered gun,

and ill just bluff the crap out of it by saying I have a group of 3 with guns trained on him.

If he doesnt believe it, ill just call for a warning shot and let the ricoshet convince him otherwise.

And I will demand just 1 item of food, 1 item of drink, and 1 item of gear, thats good enough.

Catch and release is a better feel of accomplishment than plain old bag and tag, imho.

yeah but you get much more interesting situations when you don't deathmatch. you might meet someone who's horribly ill and try to help them. you might make a temporary half hour friend, you might end up killing them because you find out they're an asshole. i fail to see how being friendly has no point.

I tend to weigh most choices by risk/reward, if I'm coming up on someone that is unarmed I don't want to waste my ammo on them as they offer no loot, the furthest I've gone is to drop a can of food or water to someone, but I don't hang around with them for longer then the 5 seconds that takes.

I regularly play with a group of friends and don't want to waste medical supplies on a random stranger.

This is the kind of thing that needs to happen more often. :ph34r:

Making other players sweat without really harming them, adds much to the experience.

I wouldnt even be mad if someone just did a nicely planned stickup rather than straight up murder me in the face.

This game is somuch more than just an elaborate round of COD/BF, and people should act accordingly.

The first player I see, I plan on robbing rather than just killing.

I'll have my guillysuited friend sit some 200 meters behind me as I make contact holding my lowered gun,

and ill just bluff the crap out of it by saying I have a group of 3 with guns trained on him.

If he doesnt believe it, ill just call for a warning shot and let the ricoshet convince him otherwise.

And I will demand just 1 item of food, 1 item of drink, and 1 item of gear, thats good enough.

Catch and release is a better feel of accomplishment than plain old bag and tag, imho.

I did it again last night just for fun.  This time the guy got tough with me and started shouting "I see you too, I'm gonna murder you with my fists mother trucker" and went on like that for a minute.  I knew he couldn't see me because he just stood there in one place spinning around and around looking for me like I was in the house with him.  It was so entertaining that I actually came out of the dark, something I rarely do, and gave the guy my can opener and a full, purified, water bottle.  He was a good sport about it and I got a good laugh.

Haha yeah im not sure what id do in this sort of situation.

Id probably just leg it and hope you are a terrible shot. :blush:

Excuse me, but it's a survival game yes? People kill each other for resources, isn't that correct?

The point is to survive zombies though, not eachother.

If you want to survive eachother you can play any old war game.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but it's a survival game yes? People kill each other for resources, isn't that correct?

No. People also group and help each other.

I have yet to meet a friendly person.. but that doesn't bother me.. As I have yet to really get far enough to earn something worth loosing.. Also usually it is the zombies that get me as my hits never seem to hurt them and I can never get new blood

Well technically the point is just to survive. Potentially another player could kill you to rob your beans because he's starving. Many people soon come to the conclusion that the best way to survive is to not trust other players and the best way to know that a player is no longer a threat, is when he's dead.

Yes and no.

There is one glaring flaw in this thinking. In real life (cause you're trying to make the experience as real as possible) nobody would re-spawn, you wouldn't be able to just start over. At the end of the day (or in a couple of months/years) there'd be only one person left because he's killed everyone else. And the point of that would be... Yeah, exactly. 

Honestly, when faced with an apocalypse of this sort, most people would try and band together, form communities, trade with other communities. Try to preserve our way of life and so forth. Of course there would be a bunch of assholes that would just kill and pillage but not that many of them. Currently this game mostly consists of those "types of players." It's a shame.

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 2

today, log in armed, come across a seemingly unarmed person, let him live and give him some food n stuff, seconds later he pulls out a pistol and kills me. alright whatever, spawn walk for 20 seconds hear someone yelling stop, i stop turn completely unarmed with nothing except a battery as i had already dropped the flash light, guy comes up to me tells me to drop all my stuff then kills me. spawn in balota, try to just walk on coast past everything to get to a safe place, hear gunshots ahead of me so i stop assuming they're shooting warning fire to stop me, once again nothing... fresh spawn, guy comes up kills me. im pretty much to the point of killing everyone on sight when I get geared now cause all these 10 year olds think its cool ruining gameplay within even seconds of spawning, people camping the spawn areas and stuff, completely garbage do people have nothing better to do? scum.

I saw a new spawn shining his torch on the wall the other night. I came up behind him and said, hey man, turn around, he did and that's when I shot him in the face and chest. I probably wouldn't have done it if there wasn't for the 10 times I was shot and killed before by players better armed than me. It's a vicious circle of death, or just an online game, quit your crying lol.

To sum up you have no self control and are no better then the guys you blame for making you this way?

I've met maybe 1-2 friendly people, and that was while neither of us had any type of gear/weapons/etc. I have been KOS'd more than I can think of, but it's the thrill of "Maybe I'll make it this time!!!" that keeps me going. Once I get the hang of everything, it'll be more fun I think. Loving the game so far too!!

I hate to disagree. What do you think "the walking dead" or any romero classic tries to teach us ?

I hate to disagree. What do you think "the walking dead" or any romero classic tries to teach us ?

Seriously?

Walking dead - communities formed to stick together. I don't see all of them grabbing guns and shooting each other for their "loot"

Jericho - communities formed to stick together

Jeremiah - communities formed to stick together

Revolution - communities formed to stick together

Falling Skies - community formed to stick together against the aliens

Defiance - should I really keep going?

Think about how interesting any of these shows would be if all characters in every show just thought about themselves and shot everyone they met on sight.

Dumb, just dumb.

You know what they taught us? That we're not animals.

• Like 1

well I am in a group called wiskey company, we try and promote not kos. yesterday I was moving on the coast with a group of about 5 of us fully geared camo. and yes we would stop any one we see and kill any one that was a threat,, but we were really looking for bandits, i was kinda being the spoksmen when we tried to stop, we would send me outa the woods while the rest covered me , and i would attempt to get any one who was not a threat to stop. i mean a few did keep running due to thinking we were just gona kill him, [ which a lot of ppl do] but one that stuck with me was  a guy we stoped he was a fresh spawn and we   talked to him, he informed us where him and his buddy was shot at, we gave him a full water bottle and open can of beans, and we parted ways  ^^^^^^^ the above is a example of not kos that was really more fulfilling then death match i must say, we helped some one today get restarted,, and i gotta say it felt pretty dam good  

They're just scared.

Try avoiding going too close to other survivers, because you can never know, if he will shoot - and so he can't know it about you, too. 

They might be Dayzophobic :p

Once more zombies get added, where they don't need a server restart to spawn and they're more aggressive and faster, I think the KoS (for no reason) will slow down.  They'll be just as busy evading or fighting the zombies as the rest of us.  Also, I think zombies should spawn on players even in the woods around buildings.  That would reduce the number of people that just camp on hills over towns and snipe people for hours on end.  You can't just lay there sniping all day if you're always looking over your shoulder for a zombie, not to mention that your first shot will draw their attention.  It gives that guy sprinting across the airfield just enough time to get across safely.

Seriously?

Walking dead - communities formed to stick together. I don't see all of them grabbing guns and shooting each other for their "loot"

Jericho - communities formed to stick together

Jeremiah - communities formed to stick together

Revolution - communities formed to stick together

Falling Skies - community formed to stick together against the aliens

Defiance - should I really keep going?

Think about how interesting any of these shows would be if all characters in every show just thought about themselves and shot everyone they met on sight.

Dumb, just dumb.

You know what they taught us? That we're not animals.

Walking dead also had unlimited ammo shotguns with no recoil :p

Do you live in an uptown area with no violence and everyone hugs everyday? :p lol

Why everyone here is so unfriendly, every player shooting at me. Every time i gather some eq someone killing me...

Where i can join to some community or Clan or something to play in team.. ?

I play in a team! A team you don't want to run into ;) we won't KOS, just kill you slowly ;)

I just got randomly killed while cooking, in a no-PVP server even..

I mean whats the point of going on a server set up for people who dont want to PVP, if all you're gonna do is just to furk people up.

Arent there enough servers to do that in already?

What this game is teaching me is that most people are just complete toss pots without even a single ounce of empathy or capability of doing teamwork.

Im gonna lay low until there are some legit non PVP servers so I dont have to deal with trigger dicks and COD kiddies.

Edited by Sokonomi

If everyone stops shooting at each other then whats left to do ? Kill zombies? Not that many around.. Scavenge for gear? But when you got all everything then what?

@Sokonomi

LeL fool, who lied to you ))))) there is no, "no pvp server" hahahha. best joke I ever heard since playing this game. You're pussy, go play Hello Kitty. I'm soo glad there is no Side Channel anymore hahah so if you are in a "no pvp server" as you call it, you can't really bitch to the admin that you got killed and he can't check who killed you either hahaha. I'm going to find this "no pvp server" and go kill everyone in it.

Edited by raynor009

Walking dead also had unlimited ammo shotguns with no recoil :P

Do you live in an uptown area with no violence and everyone hugs everyday? :P lol

Haha, not to mention head-shot after head-shot from 100ft away. 

And no. I don't hug everyone everyday. 

Seriously though, it's far more realistic that people would band together to survive. It's not the case in this game because death ultimately means nothing if you can just respawn and start over.