Sign in to follow this  
TimM1983

Your experience in the north / east cost ?

The last 5 hours I was walking alone in the north. I met several groups of 2-3 persons, I sneaked to them and start talking, they got scared + log off. The last group of 4 people I met, told me they are friendly and I just took the risk. They shot me.

I am not complaining, just saying it's kinda pointless now walking far away from balota, it seems the people there are super paranoid and only come in groups. They are probably bored and happy if they finally see someone to shot :(

What's your experience ?

• Like 5

My friends experience was when he was at balota airstrip and they were a lot of cute little bambis they all started fist fighting each other and then another wave came in with axes, baseball bats, etc xD.... balota = far worse then NWAF right now. mine was... looting good stuff :D

• Like 2

North and East definitely need more reasons for going that direction right now. I spend an inordinate amount of time never feeling like I'm being watched at all which is not a good feeling in reference to a DayZ game.

There are a few hidden gems up there but nothing on the level of Balota to NWAF definitely.

Course I haven't been killed yet either but...I'm also usually pretty hard to spot if my spider senses are tingling.

And Berezino has been my home in Chernarus for several years now, I'm probably somewhere around there at any given time. Can't really say why, I just like a nice coastal town.

• Like 2

It's sad that a group of 3 has to feel paranoid around someone that has shown them self.

They have zero grasp of what is going on.

You wanted to shoot all 3 from cover/ concealment it would have been easy.

Some people are just disrespectful pussies.

Yes Balota is the new deathmatch arena now lol. Pretty constant around there.

Can agree with you, the North and East are quiet. Me and a buddy spent a day or two running from NWAF accross to Berezino and then North the the new shipwreck and back East from there... And so on. On a full server and haven't seen anyone. The cities (I think) are too laggy for a fair amount of players so even they are quiet too. Balota and the mid-Western side of the map seems to be where most people are. 

A few pairs here and there. Haven't bothered trying to communicate I'd have nothing to gain.

Still dangerous north, people just kill for different reasons, Less lol and troll and more protecting gear and group

I jus't can't F#<k!n wait till devs will somehow get rid of combat logging problem, it's just so CANCEROUS

• Like 2

I jus't can't F#<k!n wait till devs will somehow get rid of combat logging problem, it's just so CANCEROUS

I've always thought they should implement a system whereby if you log out in combat your character still remains in the game world for another 30-90 seconds. Just stood there. That would make people a lot more likely to stay in!

I went from NWAF, Grishino, Gvodzno, Krasnostav, NEAF, Khelm and Berezino without seeing a single player. Fresh towns, more loot than I could carry, fully kitted M4 with 200 rounds, 3 saline bags, pills and vaccines, Protector Case, food for weeks. Stayed in Berezino for the last 2 days hoping to find someone but no luck. Died on the apartment ladder when It dropped me 3m back in the building.

Went back to see if my body was there, nothing. Now planning to go back west through Stary and check out the Vybor mil base and NWAF again.

I don't even bother going north or east anymore. If you're not on the south coast you will not see a single player. There just isn't a reason to go there anymore, and as boring as it is to stay in a single area it's literally the only way to not play single player.

The last 5 hours I was walking alone in the north. I met several groups of 2-3 persons, I sneaked to them and start talking, they got scared + log off. The last group of 4 people I met, told me they are friendly and I just took the risk. They shot me.

I am not complaining, just saying it's kinda pointless now walking far away from balota, it seems the people there are super paranoid and only come in groups. They are probably bored and happy if they finally see someone to shot :(

What's your experience ?

is there a north? i though it was just a back screen with 'you are dead'.

• Like 1

Fresh spawn within easy running distance of Balota, go to the airfield and what do you know two heavily armed bandits decide to hold me up. Stupid them they leave me right by a Lee Enfield on the ground (back when they were one hit kills). Throw a tin can at the main one and manage to break his bones making his ADS sway. Pick up the Lee Enfield and shoot the guy with broken bones. Before the second bandit notices what was happening, he to had been shot. By far my best moment in the game. Only reason I attempted this was because I had nearly nothing and I had a feeling they would shoot me anyways.

I found an M4 and a ton of ammo in the NEAF.  So that's a nice change, not having that place be completely useless.  And with my new firepower I feel like a big man now.

Are there barracks at neaf? I'm too lazy to find out.. hahah, and sucks man. My group would have just held you up and/or made stupid drunken noises at you.. (hammered most of dayz times)