Sign in to follow this  
gamer222

no water? Drink your own piss...

I know this sounds crazy but if you are in a middle of nowhere and you have no water and your only way to get it is to drink your own piss I think this could be another level of surviving...:)

• Like 2

Survival level: Bear Grylls.

Edit: ^ beat me to it :(

Edited by CiderDad
  • Like 1

Edited by Guest

Drinking your own urine without proper filtration would make you violently ill.  Urine has a very high concentration of ammonia among other chemicals.  This is not a good idea.

Plus as mentioned, you're never too far away from a water pump.

Drinking your own urine without proper filtration would make you violently ill.  Urine has a very high concentration of ammonia among other chemicals.  This is not a good idea.

That is actually false. Many people have resorted to drinking their own urine in survival situations where they were trapped or stranded, and lived because of it. In ancient Egypt it was considered to be a medical treatment. In fact, urine has some antibiotic properties.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/urine-the-bodys-own-health-drink-467303.html

In high concentrations, yes. It can be dangerous. But urine is basically 95% water. You can also distill urine to separate the water and the other salts and contents, which produces pure water. Les Stroud did it in the desert.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

Drinking your own urine without proper filtration would make you violently ill.  

Actually, if the urine comes from a healthy bladder, you're not in any real danger from drinking urine. It has been done many times to survive when lost.

Also urine drinking is besides the known sexual act, also used as a alternative medicine therapy.

Drinking urine is not dangerous. But i would not advice it anyway.

Plus as mentioned, you're never too far away from a water pump.

Thanks Dr Phil

People survive in spite of drinking their own pee, not because of it.

Actually people have survived because of it.

Drinking your own pee wont add new water into the cycle but it will help reduce loss of water. So drinking your own pee would actually save your life in some circumstances.

Most seem to forget that you can squeeze a decent amount of moisture from moss. Granted, you can also use said moss, rocks, and soil to filter your piss with a water bottle. Even still, I'll chew on plant stems before I resort to that.

.. there are so many other things the devs could be working on.. let's not give them ridiculous ideas like this to get distracted with please >.>

Drinking your piss would be a great way to add realism to a survival game.  I'm not sure if DayZ is that type of game, but I'm new so there ya go.  If it were a feature, then I would expect after the first use, you would start to get a little ill.  If you drink urine more than once (passing it twice) then you will see the effects of some kind of illness.  Since drinking water is rarer than drinking soda in this game (from my play sessions) I think I would pass on the piss.

.. there are so many other things the devs could be working on.. let's not give them ridiculous ideas like this to get distracted with please >.>

It's there own fault if they decide to implement this idea.  We are here to inspire new ideas and educate about bugs.  They're not babies.