altimor

Oculus Rift = Pay2Win

When I shoot in DayZ, I almost always use my crosshair if I can. Why? Because the iron sights block my vision. I was having a conversation with a "friend" (actually I hate him and he sucks) about that being unrealistic. In real life, my other eye would let me see what's behind the sights.

Then I realized that the Oculus Rift would allow you to do just that... for a price. Why is this blatant pay2win allowed?

Are you serious o.o?

Have you ever played the game with 480x640 on a VGA-Monitor with black and white, lowest graphics, lowest FOV and Draw distance? 

If you don't want to play it this bad, you will have spend 100$ in a monitor and 1000$ in your computer... is this pay2win, too?

The OR is just a very, very, very good display. Everyone with a better display than your iPhone and more than 5 FPS "payed to win". 

• Like 4

If I upgrade my computer in order to play with higher frames, is this considered Pay to Win?

• Like 8

I just got myself a $900 PC... went from 30 fps on min settings to 40 - 70 on ultra...

EDIT : What inception said.

Edited by Weparo

...did he just say he could see behind his iron sights when he uses both his eyes???

• Like 2

Devs please limit FPS to 15 to level the playing ground, visibility should also be limited to about 100 meters.

• Like 1

Oh...well, btw you can't even focus your scope AND the area behind the scope, if you are no owl. 

If I upgrade my computer in order to play with higher frames, is this considered Pay to Win?

No, because most people can run the game decently on minimum settings and turning it up past that a disadvantage.

This is actually interesting though, will Oculus and other bifocal devices simulate closing down one eye when aiming down sights? could be a cool feature.

Devs please limit FPS to 15 to level the playing ground, visibility should also be limited to about 100 meters.

Lol nice joke bro

Oh...well, btw you can't even focus your scope AND the area behind the scope, if you are no owl. 

Can owls do this?

No, because most people can run the game decently on minimum settings and turning it up past that a disadvantage.

40 FPS > 20 FPS. 

In real life, it would depend if you need to close your weak side eye to see both fore and rear sights. If you do close one eye, you're left with just the sight picture, which isn't a whole lot when using a weapon with a "peep" type rear sight.

This is why red dot sights are so effective as you keep both eyes open and the sight body fades from view as you're focusing on your target and it's surrounds.

You guys fed the troll.

This thread is better than the ones about KOS, combat logging and server hopping. So I'm fine with that.

Edited by AmirDayz
  • Like 3

Can owls do this?

Wait... The Devs put zombie sniper owls in the SA?

There goes my plan to hide in the woods and scavenge bandit kills.

I've heard a lot of ridiculously retarded things being called pay to win but this guy is by far the troll to slay all trolls.

I'm gonna go ahead and buy TrackIR 5 (flight simmer so I should have it anyway) and that should mean that I will be the best player ever.

• Like 1

This is actually interesting though, will Oculus and other bifocal devices simulate closing down one eye when aiming down sights? could be a cool feature.

It doesn't atm thats for sure, at least from the way ive set it up. Really annoying and impossible to use a scope ...

Ohh man this thread is delicious. OP comes off as an angsty teenager moaning cause someone else has a shinier toy.

What if you build your tracking from free parts laying around and use freetrack... what is it then? You dont pay so cant be p2w?
I just found a loop hole!

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

What if you build your tracking from free parts laying around and use freetrack... what is it then? You dont pay so cant be p2w?

I just found a loop hole!

Oh Zinger!