Sign in to follow this  
HellCaptain

Press Vest

The press vest was one of the items shown off in some of the earliest pre-alpha footage. I guess it's just really rare. Good on you for finding one!

It's Rare-ish, It only spawns in enter-able train stations.

How many item slots it has?

It's pretty much exactly the same as the uk vest pretty sure it is just remodeled but it's got 8 by memory, i didn't grab the one i found as i had a holster and i'm a cowboy :P

• Like 1

Not true I found one earlier tonight in the ship.

Thats right, it spawns in Abandoned_Ship_Castle and rail_station_big. Two variants; PressVest_Blue and PressVest_LightBlue both with the spawn change of 0.1-0.027%.

Edited by csharp

It has less slots than the other vests. I think the regular ones have 8 and the press has 6. I didn't pick it up for this reason.

Pretty sure its the only one which provides kevlar protection. So good going, so, clap clap for the handicap, get all them beans, boy.

Has 6 slots instead of 8 that the UK/tac ones have. 

It's my lucky vest, i usually wear all camo buy i've held on to it. 

I can't remember exactly where i found it, somewhere in elektro, maybe the firehouse? 

I am still waiting for the anonymous masks shown also along with the press vests!

I made three sacrifices to the god of death while wearing it. One I axed while he was drinking from our well, one I shot in the head with a mosin while he was drinking from our well, and one I shot in the face with a mosin while he was asking if we killed the people at the well. He knew too much. 

Another guy was the only other person on a server with me while i was hopping for loot, and I got the drop on him at balota airfield and lit him up from behind. 

It's been good luck so far! 

• Like 2

Pretty sure its the only one which provides kevlar protection. So good going, so, clap clap for the handicap, get all them beans, boy.

What's your point? I'm a civilian, not a soldier. I don't plan on getting into firefights, so the extra space is worth more to me than a bit of protection. Besides, my black UK vest goes nicely with my outfit and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

I'll take a less visible colour and better carrying capacity over a "Shoot me now!" blue flak jacket.

I don't plan on getting into firefights

hahaha you can't plan that :D

you can find the press vest in trainstations and in the shipwreck (bedrooms, downstairs, rear end) near blunt rocks.

according to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdcVPKD803E&feature=player_detailpage#t=649 it stops one single round before getting useless.

i have it right now and feel kinda safe. but i've not been shot at yet.

Sure I can. I only pull my gun out to kill zeds.

okay that's your part of firefights...

what if... hmmm, let me put this doubtful idea on the table... some other player kills/attacks you on sight?

look at all the threads about kos and banditry.

you must be new if you think that you can avoid firefight at all :D

btw: i can confirm an anti-stab vest aswell. found two so far. same spawnzone like press vest.

Edited by drunkenteddybear