Sign in to follow this  
Chronous

Easy come easy go

So after a week or so of not playing I come back log in and find a shit load of gear next hour I'm ambushed by three players and killed. Now I'm starting to lean towards the KOS policy that has become overly popular in Dayz so any ideas? Should I simply keep going and hope I eventually find someone nice or just KOS and go bandit whenever I spawn and not give anyone a chance?

also that being said I was wondering if anyone here would actually be kind enough to party up with me sometime US servers....

well i think u were just unlucky, cuz most of the time im nice to strangers, i just hand cuffs them and force feed rotten kiwii

i dont like waste my bullets...

• Like 1

well I appreciate the honesty and for the record I don't mind wasting mine if it means keeping the gun

People up north are not friendly . On the other hand though , most people on the coast are friendly .

People up north are not friendly . On the other hand though , most people on the coast are friendly .

:( dont say that, im prone just outside the nw airfield with just an axe :(

its_grim_up_north%20.jpg

Edited by Jaygoon

jay....you're screwed unless you find a gun even then keep a few Km away from major towns.....good news though got some better gear found just about every med supply available and shit load of food

Hmm. I've mostly encountered friendly players, but I have encountered plenty of kos kiddies.

So after a week or so of not playing I come back log in and find a shit load of gear next hour I'm ambushed by three players and killed. Now I'm starting to lean towards the KOS policy that has become overly popular in Dayz so any ideas? Should I simply keep going and hope I eventually find someone nice or just KOS and go bandit whenever I spawn and not give anyone a chance?

If it's a player alone with a weapon drawn near you, shoot him.  If you see a group and you're alone, beat it quick.  If it's a poor newspawn with nothing warn him to keep his distance and if he doesn't run off, maybe give him some food or something.

Not definitive what to do but just general advice.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

well he first caught me off guard so I swung at him then he ran off, typed in chat I was friendly and asked if he wanted water or food then he comes out with his friend I tried fight them off with the axe I had, but his friend had one too and he had a fire extinguisher so I fucked up and should have run instead.

I've been there, man.

Don't let the few that act like dicks turn you into a bandit. Sure, it'll save you some headaches, and it can even be fun to be the bad guy, but I've had a lot more fun helping people than trying to kill them on sight.

I would say that talking using a mic is better than typing something out; I've teamed up with really good players just by saying "hey, what's up?" There's something about hearing a person's voice that will make people hesitate before hurting you. A voice is humanizing if it makes sense.

You should try and team up with a friend or two and play. I stream DayZ on Twitch, and I've started playing with my viewers. It makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

Lies people from the north go to the coast to hunt people without guns.

Take for example the "wolf gang" or something.  After killing me, I had absolutely nothing, they proceeded to brag about killing me and saying absurd things as if they were cool...  They literally have to get guns and then go to people who are fresh spawns, they can't even take people on who have guns...

To those in the Wolf Gang, keep killing noobs.  You have no skill.

yeah but not having a mic makes that a little hard to do, still I will admit it would be nice to have an actual ally to have my back without having to raid other players.

Dont feel bad man. I dont kos people I usually give them rides in my helicopter but if they has a gun bitches i be outta there faster than a kfc supply run.

Ok, here's my philosophy:

When you start on a server, don't go out of your way to find gear. Go out of your way to find people. Attempt to befriend people, and take note of who kills you and who doesn't. You'll usually find the people who are going to backstab you will do it relatively quickly, if not directly after they make the call. Do NOT answer vehicle calls unless you are willing to lose the vehicle in a possible ambush - assuming you live long enough doing all this to repair one. Make a list of the people who are friendly, and keep it handy. After a few days, start killing on sight regardless of whether a person calls friendly or not - but stay open to the possibility of unusual circumstances.

You will occasionally pick up friends despite using this method, and may even do so if you're exercising good sportsmanship while you play. This does not necessarily mean helping people; it just means keeping in mind that you're playing a game, and showing the appreciation worthy of a good play or ambush set by the opposition. If you enjoyed a fight, let them know. If you didn't, keep whatever abuse and the like you spill out in good humour. It's hard to hate someone who treats the people they're playing with/against like... well, other people playing a competitive PvP game.

Regarding towns: Always a risky bet to loot along the coast. People who've set up relatively well will haunt the northern reaches of the map, but once you know which areas are popular looting spots you can avoid them and go for lower risk loot nodes. There will always be some risk to looting, but that's the game for you. The coast is always going to be high risk because of two things: New players spawn there, and those who can't (or can't be bothered to) gear up and head north will be constantly duking it out in whatever town/city you care to head for. And veteran players who are getting bored with the lack of competition or simply want to kill people without risking their gear will head back down with sniper rifles, night vision, etc, etc, and terrorise the major loot cities for fun once they're done setting up up north.

Short version: Trust nobody who doesn't give you reason to. Be willing to waste a few (dozen) lives getting to know your server's playerbase and find allies/enemies. Keep in mind that you're always risking something when you head into a major loot node, and that no matter what happens, not taking the game seriously on an emotional level is NEVER a bad thing.