Sign in to follow this  
Jaygoon

Balota loot problem?

I am currently on a character thats has been alive for a few dayz and have been zigzaging up the left middle side of the map from town to town (and bush to bush like a rat in a city ) slowly on my way to one of the airfields to get more ammo for my guns.

Hiding in the treeline watching each town before i enter.

I have collected quite alot of supplies/weapons and medical gear, Am also very healthy and have lots of food and water supplies.

To cut along story short -

The more gear i get and the further north i get to my goal the more fearfull i feel about dying and the more cautious i get in what ever i do, Even crossing a field is a massive ordeal.

And it dawned on me that alot of people have asked for Balota to be stripped of the guns and ammo so there will be less KoS, But when i gear up at balota as a new spawn i dont give a rats ass if i die cos i have only been alive a little while, there is no tension in that scenario.

Imagine how butthurt those people who want no guns at balota will be when they die after hours of gearing up and reaching the northern airfields. :)

ps - If your the sort of person who rages when they die, then stay at balota and play there, cos the northern run can break your heart and make you rage more than you have ever done in any game, When you die!!!!

Happy new year all x

• Like 2

And it dawned on me that alot of people have asked for Balota to be stripped of the guns and ammo so there will be less KoS, But when i gear up at balota as a new spawn i dont give a rats ass if i die cos i have only been alive a little while, there is no tension in that scenario.

Imagine how butthurt those people who want no guns at balota will be when they die after hours of gearing up and reaching the northern airfields. :)

That is the whole problem. (in bold)

I thought that was the whole point of removing the massive Balota military loot spawns. To make people head north, and make them more fearful of their gear, which they have been using to painstakingly survive and scavenge for a long time. The feeling you get of danger and fearfulness of losing everything is what makes this game so wonderful.That is what this game is about. Balota has way too many spawns atm, when the east of the map is emptier.

Make them butthurt! Butthurt is good!

Happy Holidays

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 4

I agree with your logic, but not your conclusion.

Yes, the reason that crybabies want guns removed from Balota is moronic and makes no sense. However, the very fact that there is no tension when looting at balota is exactly why its high payoff loot needs to be removed.

Make them butthurt! Butthurt is good!

Butthurt is amazing.

It sorts the CoD kiddies from the DayZ veterans :D

• Like 1

I agree with your logic, but not your conclusion.

Yes, the reason that crybabies want guns removed from Balota is moronic and makes no sense. However, the very fact that there is no tension when looting at balota is exactly why its high payoff loot needs to be removed.

I guess in short i meant, If there was no guns and ammo at balota many new players or players that find it hard to survive the long journey north to the airfields, (and then surviving entering and looting guns/ammo from there), would never get the chance to experience any guns in Dayz.

They would only know bats/axes and other melee weapons.

Butthurt is amazing.

It sorts the CoD kiddies from the DayZ veterans :D

I love the feeling more and more the further i get north, got black clouds following my character everywhere up here lol

• Like 1

You should be in my shoes i have been alive since the day the game came out, im shitting bricks when i hear any sound. 

I have a guns drinks and a full ammo case. I stress out every time i log in haha 

• Like 1

Balota isn't the problem.  The spawns aren't the problem either.  Especially considering how many M4's and .45's you find with ZERO ammo what so ever.  In my couple dozen or so trips into the Balota airfield, I've found quite a few M4's and .45's, but only one time did I find 5.56 (20 rnds).  And even then, I didn't find a magazine, which means single chambering bullets (and that sucks, but better than nothing).

The REAL problem is server hoppers.  At least 4-5 times I've run in there, only to have an armed bandit materialize right before my eyes.  Thankfully this is to their disadvantage as your weapon is readied and theirs is not.

But still, the server hoppers is the problem.  Otherwise the Balota airfield makes for interesting gameplay early on, assuming you spawn anywhere near it.  Although in the future I'd like to see it's spawns reduced from military grade to maybe civilian grade firearms.  Instead of a full auto M4, why not a revolver, or double barreled shotgun?  Doesn't make sense with the military theme there, but would drastically help game balance.  Then you must make the trek to the military base or northern airfield for your end-game stuff.

I also imagine in the future, the airfield won't be the only place you find firearms.  There will probably be small random chances to find them out in towns etc (like in the mod).

I can't wait to see what they have planned to fix the server hoppers.

• Like 1

I think there could be a positive effect :

most of the bambi killers will leave the rest of the coast clean , since its so easy to get geared and find newspawns to shoot in the balota area.

so if youre into the survival game you can respawn on the eastern part of map and journey north.

also there's this very very nice urban combat zone north of balota (scyscrapers).

so we could have the combat heavy eastern coastal area, and the rest of the map can be used by the survivor / zombie hunter  type of players.

a really nice touch could be to make most of the zombies spawn in the eastern parts, since the guys at balota /cherno only wanna shoot each others anyways^^

Edited by Imjustatourist

The primary method for balancing high quality loot locations should be ingame threats: Zombies.

When 1) zeds respawn and 2) there are a lot more of them, especially at military locations, server hopping will be a lot more scary (landing in the middle of 20 zeds? I don't think so); people also will be far more likely to work together to loot them. They need to be impossible for a fresh spawn without any weapon, and difficult for teams of people with melee weapons. People who have guns already should be able to clear it easily, but it will be more costly and there's no guarantee of more ammunition being found.

Edited by TolEressea
  • Like 2

The primary method for balancing high quality loot locations should be ingame threats: Zombies.

When 1) zeds respawn and 2) there are a lot more of them, especially at military locations, server hopping will be a lot more scary (landing in the middle of 20 zeds? I don't think so); people also will be far more likely to work together to loot them. They need to be impossible for a fresh spawn without any weapon, and difficult for teams of people with melee weapons. People who have guns already should be able to clear it easily, but it will be more costly and there's no guarantee of more ammunition being found.

This is a great idea, provided they fix the Zombie AI (and I'm sure they will).  But I would imagine, realistically, that military areas would be the most heavily infected areas as people would flock there naturally.  With more Zombies there (and I know the devs said, more zombies are coming) it gives more of a challenge to players who are just camping out for more ammo.  Kinda hard to troll noobs when you're fighting off 10 undead.  Plus it gives a noob a chance to run in and maybe score a kill, who knows.

Great idea though.  Have some beans.

• Like 1

I think balota weapons should be reduced somewhat

Why?

Because I've spent all my time up north since the game came out, I've done north east airfield, berizeno, zenogorsk, starry, vybor and north west airfield, I spent a few hours at each (nearly 5 hours in the north east waiting for my group)

I saw one player at berezino and none at the other locations, I spent a good few hours at north west waiting to see if anyone came by and nothing, the loot remained untouched over multiple server restarts on a 40/40 server

I headed to balota and there were mass gun fights going on in EVERY server I went on, one server had about 15 people there punching each other while one guy picked them off with his m4

May as well call the game balota death match, because all the while there are so many guns there no one wants to leave the coast

If no one wants to leave the coast, might as well just reduce the map size and leave just balota and call the game complete

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1