Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Dredd

Wow (Q. on "safe" servers)

So, I just bought DAYZ standalone.  I dont know the map, as i am a Bambi.  I spawned near an ocean, and found a lighthouse.  near the lighthouse i found a dead freshspawn, i assume he had fallen off the top.  I took his flashlight an kept moving west, along the coast.  I found a village with 5 houses, i went through the houses and found a Motorbike helmet and some gloves and a wrench.  I then heard some gunshots.  I acted on instinct and typed "hello? is anyone there? I need some water!" There was no response.  I then moved north up the mountains, when I came upon a house.  I searched the house when a zombie burst in and screamed in my face. i tried running but all the doors were locked.  I didn't want to die so i logged out...This game is intense, anyone knowa server with good people and no bandits?

• Like 1

In the filter search IL 2-2.. Ive been on there the past few days and everyone ive ran into said they were friendly and didnt attack me

Sounds like you need to join a clan or a squad.

Feel free to add me on Steam, my ID is AOD_Samiam_Jr

and feel free to check out the clan I am with at ClanAOD.net

Welcome. Let's get to the point of how to not die in the standalone.

Find a well, they're water pumps sticking out of the ground with infinite potable water. Drink until it says you're full. Find food and eat until the hunger meter goes away and eat some more.

Now focus on exploring and looting, drinking every now and then just to stay well kept.

As for bandits, they're going to be on every server. You can play this as a "friendly" and still kick bandit ass, you have to know the ropes though. It's easy to start the game and just kill anyone not you or your pals, it takes no knowledge except point and click. If someone wrongs you then don't give them another chance. People use the anonymity DayZ provides to be dicks.

Yeah it's tense, and that's a big part of the fun. There has to be some reward at the end of your 5km run, right?

• Like 2

Don't EVER combat log (logging out when your about to die) if your going to die then die, its the hole point of the game. Bandits are too. There is no point in playing this game if you play on no PVP servers because the reason this game is so good is the player interaction. Getting into fire-fights and getting mugged (or mugging people) is awesome because you risk losing all your hard earned loot. getting kicked in the ass is fun in this game. Please dont ruin it for people by combat logging, in my mind combat loggers are just as bad as hackers. Your a n00b so your excused just dont make a habbit of it.

hope to see you out there in chernarus.

• Like 4

Combat log doesn't count when unarmed and being chased by a wall hacking zombie. Imho

Yes it does count. You can easily outrun zeds. Double tap "W" and there is no way they can catch you.

But OP is excused this time as he was a first time player.

So, I just bought DAYZ standalone.  I dont know the map, as i am a Bambi.  I spawned near an ocean, and found a lighthouse.  near the lighthouse i found a dead freshspawn, i assume he had fallen off the top.  I took his flashlight an kept moving west, along the coast.  I found a village with 5 houses, i went through the houses and found a Motorbike helmet and some gloves and a wrench.  I then heard some gunshots.  I acted on instinct and typed "hello? is anyone there? I need some water!" There was no response.  I then moved north up the mountains, when I came upon a house.  I searched the house when a zombie burst in and screamed in my face. i tried running but all the doors were locked.  I didn't want to die so i logged out...This game is intense, anyone knowa server with good people and no bandits?

hahah combat log classic,... True bambi ;)

Here's a map ;)

sGF9yMT.png

Edited by Max Planck
Added spoiler
  • Like 1

hahah combat log classic,... True bambi ;)

Here's a map ;)

snip

Please remove that, he should find an ingame map and use that, this is just taking away all the fun from scavenging them.

• Like 3

Please remove that, he should find an ingame map and use that, this is just taking away all the fun from scavenging them.

Sorry, i much rather help people avoid making mistakes via trial and error to a minimum,,

Honesty how hard is it to type Dayz standalone map into a search bar -_-

Your acting like i got some rare hacked copy which is forbidden on the forum....

VHKQYuG.gif         <<<<< Do me a favor

• Like 2

snip

Woa chill out brah, I was just telling you It would have been better if he used maps in game (they are actually better too) but mkay.

Woa chill out brah,

I'm cold as ice bro ;) Don't worry

Please remove that,

Btw unless your a mod, I would much appreciate if you don't tell others what to post or how to post it..

vAdWy1j.png

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Woa chill out brah, I was just telling you It would have been better if he used maps in game (they are actually better too) but mkay.

I'm cold as ice bro ;) Don't worry

Btw unless your a mod, I would much appreciate if you don't tell others what to post or how to post it..

vAdWy1j.png

Stop your fighting guys :D

• Like 1

Poor bambi, you'll have a long way to go, but it's nice to see some new players. I hope you won't fall into KoSing and find a can opener. ^^

So new guy. A FNG :P Send me a pm with steam name and where your from and i hook you up with some veterans ;)

Aussie you sure have alot of those pics and clips around hahaha. Just as bored at work as i am?

• Like 1

Stop your fighting guys :D

Just discussing ;)

Btw love you SIG!!!

Aussie you sure have alot of those pics and clips around hahaha. Just as bored at work as i am?

heehe ;)

What can i say i like to entertain :D

Regarding the map...no offense but meta gaming ruins the game experience...and PLEASE don't use this stupid  "Bambi" this is not Youtube   :)

Link for that Gif  please ;)

Done ;)

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Done ;)

Though alot of people use it now hahaha. I got you cred in my though ;)

.This game is intense, anyone knowa server with good people and no bandits?

1. Game is intense...

2. Only good people and no bandits...

You dont want to play DayZ...

Everything that made it intense you want it to be removed or simply not there in the first place.

LOL'd