hut (DayZ)

Any fellow heroes?

Hiya fellow heroes and not so-so fellow bandits! Wanted to hear how you wear yourself through our lovely Chernarus. 

I will start, i am wearing red check shirt, black cargo pants, hunters backpack and a pistol holster with one inside it, also a fireaxe on my back, also ofcourse a baseball cap! I noticed that people tend to be friendly with me when they see me :D. Was wondering what other heroes have came up with!

Regards,

Lucas.

• Like 2

all the hero's have been told to go, cus its not the game for them

Apple, im was watching ur yt vids and im quite sure you are far of being lovelydovelyfriendly hero, haha:D

Excuse me for double posting, but wanted to bump it. I met over 10 friendly people in span of few hours now. I was wearing red check shirt and a baseball cap and apparently when i asked "Why you thought i was friendly and trusted me?" they said that the clothes i am wearing made them do that. Haha, that was kind of fun and nice to hear from them. Also when i thought it through it seems to be logically correct, since everybody is going on with ballistic helmets and full camo soldier crap. Wanted to share those things, maybe it will help some other people who want to not look like a mofo soldier bandito :P 

Regards and stay alive!

Lucas

I have been traversing the coast now for 2 days giving out water, bandages and even a pistol. (didnt give him ammo for my safety). I too am only wearing a black/white checkered shirt and a beanie. I do believe the idea of bandits usually clad in helmets and gasmasks is taking hold. Its almost as though a humanity system has created itself in game without the use of unrealistic mechanics. 

Kinda cool.

I am, but I really need some bandit skins or something to stay a "hero". I was always a hero in the mod, but in SA its gotten too damn hard to find other players (lack of zombies/player view distance reduction/interiors) and/or try and track them and figure out if they're bandits or not so i don't get any gun play myself. The movement system is so unbelievably clunky and unpredictable that i don't feel as safe moving in close either. The footstep sound effects are unpredictable too. Then there is the fact that most people are using the same weapon (its aphla, i know) so if i spend tons of time tracking someone or watching a town and miss a little of the battle, I most often can't tell who fired first or even instigated it because of the movement system.

Being a walking target is getting old and i might just PVP. Lots of peeps going to be tanning at the shore if i start PVP'ing but i only want to send the actual PVP'er back there. I don't want to send survivors back there who are just like me, especially groups of people who now have to work to get back together.

We need a bandit skin or preferably something less easy to identify forcing you to get in closer like bloodied hands/clothes.

Edited by Thane

Yes, I'm a hero. I assume everyone running around in Chernarus is a murderer or a potential murderer so I try to kill as many of them as possible.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm a hero. I assume everyone running around in Chernarus is a murderer or a potential murderer so I try to kill as many of them as possible.

That made me lol hard. :D

Thats nice, are you guys open for new members? 

@edit

That was a nice video! Haha, shame there was a restart! Now i see you guys are recruiting. What are the requirements?

Edited by hut

I keep myself in a brown hoodie, brown beenie, brown cargo pants, and low hiking boots. Orange pack 25slot pack, firefighter axe for zombie relations, and .45 in my pack and hot barred just in case. Be surprised how many assault wielding nuts I've put down with this. The apocalypse clearly wasent for everyone lol.

I mostly stick far to the north, town to town, sometimes swing by bashyna for ammo, and the well. I've come across a few fellow survivors here and there, providing them with can openers, tuna, water bottles. Then slipping back into the black, maybe tell them I ain't coming back.

Only had to kill as self defense. You run into some poor sod, and he takes his rifle from parade rest to combat ready, you either put a bullet in him, and give his beans to some lost naked soul, or regret it as he digs through your pack. Mostly, they Liston, lower it, and be civil.

Being a "hero", doesent mean we don't enter buildings or towns without a way to protect ourselves, remember that.

No bandit skins! How is that realistic dude? I just said, the majority of heros dont wear helms and gas masks, bandits do, so that is your bandit skin right there for now. 

That made me lol hard. :D

Thats nice, are you guys open for new members? 

WCO has tryouts.

a 7 day trial period

apply at www.whiskeycompany.enjin.com

No bandit skins! How is that realistic dude? I just said, the majority of heros dont wear helms and gas masks, bandits do, so that is your bandit skin right there for now. 

Why wouldn't someone in a zombie apocalypse not wish to wear a gas mask? Why does a gas mask signify a bandit? It doesn't. Neither do masks. I've met just as many friendly mask and gas mask wearers as i've had seen shoot or kill me if not more. I've been killed way more times by some douche in a civilian clothes as military types. That goes for up north too. Look at the pic in Chrono's pic. You going to blow them away for protecting their lungs?

If its harder to find people for survivors like myself because you can't just quickly scan a town for spawned zombies, then the bandits are going to be even more bored, desiring more gun play. That has definitely been my experience. I've been KOS i feel like way more than the mod even though SA is new and shiny, offering more chances for immersion during the survival experience.

btw, i don't want a bandit skin either, just something to help further evaluate the inclination of the guy looking at. Subtly loodied hands would be a great idea in my opinion.

Edited by Thane

The thing with ballistic helmets and gas mask is that most bandits are KoS'ing/looking for gunplay, thus searching for utmost protection to live out as long as they can when shooting around. Also, im kinda sticking to the coast helping newbies, it was a surprise but there are tons of people who bought the game and didnt play mod :P

@edit

Ineedscoffee

www Where did you find the revolver? I kind scanned few towns and military bases for that and still couldnt find it..(Happened to pass by around 30938240928409328423 m4's with gazilion of ammo, thats the next problemo) 

Regars!

Edited by hut

The thing with ballistic helmets and gas mask is that most bandits are KoS'ing/looking for gunplay, thus searching for utmost protection to live out as long as they can when shooting around. Also, im kinda sticking to the coast helping newbies, it was a surprise but there are tons of people who bought the game and didnt play mod :P

@edit

Ineedscoffee

www Where did you find the revolver? I kind scanned few towns and military bases for that and still couldnt find it..(Happened to pass by around 30938240928409328423 m4's with gazilion of ammo, thats the next problemo) 

Regars!

I'm sorry, I should of specified. I use the fnx. I generally refer to side arms by the caliber of bullet they use :p

I find plenty in what I can only imagine, is a police station. Large three tiered concrete building, lotta rooms with shelves. Has a police feel about er.

:D. Was wondering what other heroes have came up with!

Regards,

Lucas.

y6GpGuU.jpg   <<< He is trying to identify you on the field :D I'm a Bandit i should know :P

I was running around in full military gear, vest, mask, M4 ect but have since ditched it because it does not fit what I am going for. I am playing the medic. So I (when possible) will wear bright rain coats (yellow right now) and a bright backpack (bright green now). Plus a baseball cap and a dust mask. I also opted for the chest holster rather than vest because I really like that look (plus you only lose two slots by going that route). Finally I won't be taking an M4. From my experience people find me friendlier when I don't have it. And of course the fireaxe. I really like the wood splitting axe but it is just not worth the extra swings. Wish screen shots would work.

Here is how I view others based on clothes.

Fully geared guys are bad news (percentage wise anyway). I might keep an eye on them, or just go the other way.

New Spawn Clothes- This can go either way. Some times they are nice and sometimes they are bandits that just spawned. They can go from your best bud to splitting your dome open as fast as they can pick up an axe. Proceed with caution and never turn your back. This dynamic is why it is so much fun helping new spawns.

Some other type of clothing- These guys are usually friendly. More caution is needed if they have a rifle. I still don't trust them and always keep an eye on them. Generally a guy is not looking to PvP if he has bright rain coats on.

This is location specific. If they are at a high a end loot spot they are trouble 90% of the time. Even if they are nice they are so sketchy and nervous it is not worth contact. I don't go to Balota looking for friends. Every player that has killed me was geared up, every other player I have come across was cordial.

I'm friendly, I have a Russian camo set and a hunters pack. I did drop ballistic helmet and gas mask because they make you look overly threatening.

What? NO, if you found a helmet and gasmask you gonna wear it, cos it will save your ass when you get head-shot!

I'm your friendly neighborhood sloth hero.  Although it does seem harder to be a hero in Stand Alone than it was in the mod.

• Like 1

What? NO, if you found a helmet and gasmask you gonna wear it, cos it will save your ass when you get head-shot!

Actually they'll probably shoot you in the ass to avoid damaging the helmet and gas-mask they're about to take from you.

Yeah, its way harder to be a hero in SA, mainly because people from private hives 1005324324 cars, starting as50 nvg/bored of dayz gone wasteland are back on the dayz and since there are only public servers players are getting mixed :D