lunatik20

Eating and Drinking is way too frequent

Eating and Drinking is way too frequent in the standalone. And no before anyone asks im not full sprinting around. This needs to be reduced.

are you eating/drinking till you get the message "my stomach  feels full" or somethign along those lines? it takes quite a bit of food/water

Edited by Gerandar

Eat a few cans of food and drink out of a well/pond until you get the "stuffed" message. Next time you get thirsty/hungry should be atleast 30 minutes to an hour later.

I do sprint around just about everywhere I go and I go a long time without getting hungry or thirsty.

Find a well, they're in just about every town, and drink until it says you're full.

Find food and eat it. Eat a lot of it. Make the hunger icon disappear, then eat another can's worth of food.

Good to go.

The thing is your are spawned in like 40% full so your priority is food 1st...

Think it's a bit frequent personally although it will change in due time.

I guess you have trouble using the search feature. There are many a guides out there that cover the hunger/thirst mechanism. Once you get yourself fully fed and watered, maintenance is not very difficult at all. Actually its right about where it should be as its enough to make you keep an eye on it, but not so darn tedious.

If you eat the first three to four cans of food you find (more if you open them with the axe :() and 'spam' drinking from a well intil you belly is stuffed, 'maintenance' is eat at least two cans of food (and always spam the wells) every town you pass through.

This is all subject to change being alpher and all, but this 'system' works very well.

...but do read up on the hunger/thirst...

I just looted Stary and Novy without having to eat once... OP is doinitrong.

The thing is your are spawned in like 40% full so your priority is food 1st...

Think it's a bit frequent personally although it will change in due time.

I believe the fact that you're not spawned in at 100% is what's throwing people off. I initially thought the hunger/thirst system was ridiculous... However, I then discovered the eating/drinking until full. Once I did that, I never got another message and I've been playing for hours. Now, I still eat and drink, but basically I just consume whatever I find while looting. It takes almost no time to simply pick up a can of pop and drink it, or munch on the orange laying there. Also, my backpack has probably too much food/drink in it, so I could probably go across the map without looting and still be just fine. If you only eat/drink one thing when the message pops up, then it's going to show up again pretty soon and could lead to people thinking the system is broken.

• Like 1

youre sick. take antibiotics or aIc to cIean wounds. then you wont need eat and trink that often

Not sick

You only get full after eating about 10 cans of beans and drinking 2 full bottles of water, I've noticed. Once you reach that level (and which should give you a nice 'healthy' icon), you will not require food or drink for at least half an hour, assuming you sprint everywhere.

If you drink disinfectant spray, it coats your stomach, allowing you to eat rotten fruit without getting sick.

• Like 2

I go to my fridge whenever I get hungry and I keep a 2-liter next to me at the desk to drink from when I get thirsty.

In game I have gone an hour or two after getting stuffed on food and water before even seeing a thirsty message pop up. If I get fully stuffed and have the healthy showing I just every once in a while eat something but I spam the wells when I hit them. If I look and I don't have healthy showing anymore I go ahead and eat and drink more until it does. Also if I got hit by a zombie or something and was bleeding I eat a can or two of food  along with drinking fluids to replenish my blood supply and keeps me healthy.