swainky

Nemesis Arms Vanquish Rifle

Just think if this was added to the SA. Then you could look for the different mags and barrels then change them out as you need them. It would have to be a rare weapon and would have to also be extremely rare to find the different caliber barrels. It could even be a weapon that a person would have to find each piece for instead of finding the weapon as a whole. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVT__qCqSEI#t=84

• Like 1

Nice rifle system but impractical for the tactical uses we see in DayZ. The bipod benefits are impossible to recreate on a computer screen as well. They are ergonomic benefits, not functional.

• Like 1

Screw the rifle, I want that bipod.

As for in game, I dunno, this seams like one of thous 'hey it's cool, but they only made 10' kind of things.

First off the rifle doesn't fit the setting; unrealistic.

Second:

Calibers: .338 Federal, .308 Winchester, .260 Remington, 6.5 Creedmoor & .243 Winchester

I doubt there will be a lot of .338-08, .260 Remington, and 6.5 Creedmoor in Chernarus which makes it somewhat pointless.

Edited by Gews

Just think if this was added to the SA. Then you could look for the different mags and barrels then change them out as you need them. It would have to be a rare weapon and would have to also be extremely rare to find the different caliber barrels. It could even be a weapon that a person would have to find each piece for instead of finding the weapon as a whole. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVT__qCqSEI#t=84

"Why?" was asked? My answer is because its bad ass and I think this should be the ONLY sniper in the game. This I vote for the very rare, never find 'whole' (unless off a player that might have one) I would also vote for breaking it down even farther, e.g. more parts to find. barrels, mags, bolt, upper receiver, lower receiver, upper bi-pod parts, lower bi-pod parts, scope, butt stock and butt stock slide. Each with a .01% chance of spawn or less.

EDIT: The calibers of this 'real' weapon do not need to be held firm in the game. e.g. kinda like the PDW in the MOD could use (almost) any 9mm mag you found. Just adapt the barrels to calibers already in the game and make a barrel for each one.

Edited by BelMarduk

Oh well if we're doing what would be badass can I have a supressed Cheytac Intervention with thermal optics and no bullet drop? It'll be badass.

As for how it got there..... uh... Superman threw it there?

neat rifle, just not very practical

this is one of those rifles for "gun guys"

they have every rifle known to man, like random unnecessary  features, wanna be unique at the range, catch attention etc

i dont think this is something you would find randomly in a post apocalyptic eastern European country unfortunately 

plus those are some not so common calibers, so ammo collecting would be a pain

Ask yourself a question before suggesting a weapon.

Would it make sense to find this in a home or a military base in Chenarus ?

Answer to both is no so therefore this weapon should never ever be in Stand alone.

"Why" was asked.

"Because it's badass" was the reply.

That's about all I need to know not much thought was given from BelMarduk on this. Personally I'm against things being added for badassery and cool factor. The Mosin is badass. We've already got there.

I look forward to the SVD. That's enough to make me giddy.

I truly await the OP's reasoning but man this community can be really staunch when it comes to weapons and gear in DayZ. These new guys might be a bit repulsed with the responses in these threads. lol

Edited by Diggydug

Ridiculous precision firearms like these make no sense in game. Even from an "authentic" pov. Might as well add a WA2000 if we're going to add impratical bullshit.

Not only are there not enough to even be feasible, but it adds to the douchey fuck headed sniper gear.

1,000 and  1 better options than garbage like this for snipers to again dominate the game. Just stupid.

"Why" was asked.

"Because it's badass" was the reply.

That's about all I need to know not much thought was given. Personally I'm against things being added for badassery and cool factor. The Mosin is badass. We've already got there.

Not to mention the 20+ thousand of them around the world + the massive quantity of 54r surplus ammo in circulation.

This weapon on the other hand, makes little sense, other than catering to whiny camping sniper fags more than the mosin.

There are literally thousands of weapons I'd add over another sniper scum weapon.

Edit: I'm drunk and it's christmas, sorry mods. 

Edited by Nihilum
  • Like 1

If we are asking ourselves two questions:

Does it make sense to find this in a home on chenarus?

Does it make sense to find this in a military base in chenarous?

Than I would argue that the M4 should be replaced by the AK.

It absolutely should.

• Like 1

I would question the Vanquish Rifle far more than I would the M4, which is found all around the world. Not that I'm a fan of the M4 being in the game and that's why I hope some sort of lore is set up explaining the events up to "present day" in the game to help us understand why certain things are the way they are.

I know in the mod the game takes place in 2012 and as far as I can tell, this rifle didn't exist then.

it should replace it ENTIRELY

I think this should be the ONLY sniper in the game

So all the dozens of more reasonable choices simply thrown to the wayside then... this gun is most likely made by a couple random everyday dudes in a machine shop in California, and there aren't a lot of them. Makes so much sense we better make it the game's only sniper rifle.

• Like 1