TheRealAzrael

What Ruins DayZ

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

lets face it, this game IS NOT realistic.......pvp, non-pvp areas area's are a MUST.....especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

2: Status messages: great, now I know when or if my guy is thirsty, hungry, sick, or healthy.....BUT WHY?!?!?!? It's obvious we need some type of actual indicator to show HOW much hunger/thirst/blood/health we have.......but even more importantly, WHY ARE WE SICK?!?!?!?!?

-Oh I feel like throwing up........it doesn't cut it, is my guy sweating, is he hot, do his wounds look inflamed, are his wounds turning colors? These are things we need to know to apply the proper "antidote". I feel like throwing up can indicate ANYTHING since a sign of shock is your stomach shutting down.....and dying CREATES shock....... PLEASE, GIVE US SOME TYPE OF HEALTH "UI" or even better,  a way to analyze yourself and distinguish what is wrong. (if you need help, talk to me, or any number of "medical proffessionals)

3: Loot......the only servers worth going to are ones that get reset almost every hour........going through an entire city and finding 2-3 items worth storing is not surviving, it is wasting your time........and if the game had some type of mission structure/non-pvp area's, the lack of loot might be appealing.......but since EVERYTING is pvp, and bored people camp out random areas, randomely dying can become EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.........

4: Random killings need to be punished: AGAIN, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE: for example, If I disovered a person randomely shot in the back, I would HAPPILY search for foot prints, then track the cheap asshole down that did the shooting, and execute him.....AFTER "arresting" him and making him realize he was going to DIE because he has no respect for human life...............but there are no footprints.....If i handcuffed someone they could simply log out (even if they died, they would respawn) or any number of things could happen......THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE.......... stop trying to pretend like it is, accept that it isn't, and make it friggin enjoyable.

-please, someone legitiamely tell me they like running around for 2-3 hours to get re-geared when they get randomely killed

5: This is supposed to be RUSSIA......WHERE THE F**K is the VODKA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?-------nothing else needs to be said

6: I understand this is Alpha..... but what makes Day Z mod enjoyable is the customization, and the clan/group capabilities. Loot needs to be re-organized so that people can actually make gear stashes where they respawn at (TENTS!!!!)....... PVP becomes much more fun when your group can respawn and get right back into the fight......AFTER 2 weeks of just gathering stuff for a sustained battle............. That's what made the mod fun, bring it the F**K back.......

7: Remember, Day Z standalone IS ONLY popular because of ARMA II: Day Z Mod....... stick to your origins bud, I understand there is a vision, but don't stray from it......don't turn into Mario 64......it doesn't make sense, it's not fun..........

8: Vehicles!!!!!!!!! WTF, this walking stuff is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY boring........enough already.....seriously........it's friggin boring. I'm tired of walking the same road over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......because that's what it feels like.......... give me something to move faster than a quick jog.......even a bicycle would be nice. It should NEVER take more than 30 minutes at OPTIMUM standards to move from one side of a map to another.........It's not fun, it gets boring........ask WOW players if they want to get rid of fast travel and mounts........just get Blizzard to do it for one week......see what the drop in user satisfaction is................VEHICLES.......

9:....................................that's for other people to say...........more zombies will be nice, but the things listed above are FAR more important to the enjoyment of the game........ plus, if you add more zombies, you better start people off with something that can at least do some damage to a zombie.....FISTS ARE USELESSS!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I give the rant a 3/10.  Not enough swearing or spelling mistakes.  Needs more anger.

Work on it some more, and bring it back to us.

• Like 21

lets face it, this game IS NOT realistic.......pvp, non-pvp areas area's are a MUST.....especially when loot is so FRIGGIN hard to find!

• Like 3

5: This is supposed to be RUSSIA......WHERE THE F**K is the VODKA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?-------nothing else needs to be said

The only point i could find worthy of noting ;)

• Like 5

1.Safe areas? No thanks.

2. It's temporary, Dean has already said this.

3.Go north, way more loot.

4. Dean already says he wants tracking i.e. eaten cans of food, i.e dog tracking

5. -_- really

6. Lol spawn and get right back in the fight. That's cod. JUST SAYING

7. DayZ standalone is far superior than the DayZ mod. This is an ALPHA. Not even close to being finished.

8. Again, Alpha, Dean told you you would be dissappointed, and it clearly states that on the buy page.

9. All planned, again. Fists are actually quite useful. I like punching zombies in the face repeatadely, considering they get knocked down every time. 

This is all alpha stuff man, everything is going to change.

By the way, 

ALPHA

Also, watch the dev blogs and read around.

Would help.

-_-

• Like 7

8: Vehicles!!!!!!!!! WTF, this walking stuff is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY boring........enough already.....seriously........it's friggin boring. I'm tired of walking the same road over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......because that's what it feels like.......... give me something to move faster than a quick jog.......even a bicycle would be nice. It should NEVER take more than 30 minutes at OPTIMUM standards to move from one side of a map to another.........It's not fun, it gets boring........ask WOW players if they want to get rid of fast travel and mounts........just get Blizzard to do it for one week......see what the drop in user satisfaction is................VEHICLES.......

That was really stupid...the game has updated 2-3 times so far.  Its gonna be a while for it to come out with vehicles seeing as they bring on a lot more bugs.  Also, it is a survival game, in real life it would take a lot longer than 30 minutes to travel 12 kilometers on foot.  And if there was fast travel on this game...the game would be dead before the full release...it would kill the immersion ten-fold. 

1. There will never be safe zoned in DayZ. Sorry!

2. The hunger and thirst icons cycle through yellow, orange and then red to show how hungry or thirsty you are.

3. Get off the coast and in to towns that haven't been looted yet.

4. DayZ is a sandbox game. No play style should be punished.

5. Chernarus is not in Russia. It's its own country.

6. I think you may have spent too much time in the spawn with a DMR/"PvP" mod servers.

7. See above. If you don't like the current state of the standalone then I'm not sure you know DayZ's roots. :S

8. This is an alpha build. Vehicles are being completely reworked and will not be added for some time.

• Like 4

"6: I understand this is Alpha"

So tell me again why you made this rant again?

At any rate, this is an alpha where most things still need fixes and where almost nothing except what's needed in the game to test are added. You can't expect pvp and no-pvp zones since that'll just make this game less realistic. You need to face the fact that no game will ever be comparison to real life because it's impossible to code infinite possibilities. I could climb a tree, I could dig a hole, I could gather materials and make a hang glider, but you need to face it, those things will likely not be added in. It's a game. For your FPS troubles, hows about turn down your graphics because as you should know, it's a game. If you can't run this game at 30fps, don't play it or get a better pc. In any case, you should never complain about FPS to the developers because it most likely your PC with the issue, not the game.

As for those debuggers you see on the bottom left, deal with it. It's an alpha, those are likely debug messages. They will probably be removed in the later patches. As for what YOU would do if you saw a random killing, what makes you think another person will search for the perpetrator and kill them? Killers do not need to be punished. Besides, there's already a bandit-hero system that may not be implemented in the standalone yet.

To respond to your numeric on vehicles, remember.

This is an alpha.

You even acknowledged that.

You need to understand that in an alpha, there will only be things that are necessary to game development, and likely nothing to appeal to the players themselves aside from bug fixes and optimization.

-

To rate your rant:

1/10 for the reasons:

• More periods than characters in your rant.
  • No logic.
  • You address the same 'issue' twice (pvp/KoS).
  • Tried to relate DayZ to Mario Kart on the N64
  • Complains that fists are useless, but given the event where his fists were taken away or replaced with something else, he'd be just as or more useless.
  • Even though zombies is the genre of DayZ, OP believes there are more important things to be worked on first.
  • Wants the game to be realistic but wants nopvp and pvp zones.
  • Relates this game to real life.
  • Like 2

Man, I'm really sick of these fucking whiny threads. Cry more, you're not getting safe-zones. End of discussion.

I also love how people with 1 post come in and say things like "X, Z, and Y are what make DayZ enjoyable." 1: That's your opinion. Everyone finds different things enjoyable. 2: Just because you find certain things enjoyable over others does not mean the entire development staff has to bend over backwards to accommodate you. The DayZ Standalone is not a democratic republic. If you don't like it, buy a different game. Or better yet, play the mod. Nobody forced you to come here.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

I swear half these threads I read here remind me of Actiblizzard's forums... so many illogical, whiny, and self entitled people. This is like a giant list of dumb requests. Like ever since those clowns caved, these people think they can request anything and it will happen.

Edited by SeekerScorpio
  • Like 1

Alright, so here is what ruins Day Z;

1: ALWAYS pvp......sometimes you have no gear, sometimes you have ABSOLUTELY no gear, and sometimes you just grabbed something halfway decent, but are still looking for better...................... and then you get shot in the back!

-yes this is "realistic".....but in real life, you can smell, you can quickly look back and forth with NO FPS issues, you can see SUPER MINUTE details, you can see someone breathing.......... you can climb a tree and hide at the very top.......

2: Status messages: great, now I know when or if my guy is thirsty, hungry, sick, or healthy.....BUT WHY?!?!?!? It's obvious we need some type of actual indicator to show HOW much hunger/thirst/blood/health we have.......but even more importantly, WHY ARE WE SICK?!?!?!?!?

-Oh I feel like throwing up........it doesn't cut it, is my guy sweating, is he hot, do his wounds look inflamed, are his wounds turning colors? These are things we need to know to apply the proper "antidote". I feel like throwing up can indicate ANYTHING since a sign of shock is your stomach shutting down.....and dying CREATES shock....... PLEASE, GIVE US SOME TYPE OF HEALTH "UI" or even better,  a way to analyze yourself and distinguish what is wrong. (if you need help, talk to me, or any number of "medical proffessionals)

3: Loot......the only servers worth going to are ones that get reset almost every hour........going through an entire city and finding 2-3 items worth storing is not surviving, it is wasting your time........and if the game had some type of mission structure/non-pvp area's, the lack of loot might be appealing.......but since EVERYTING is pvp, and bored people camp out random areas, randomely dying can become EXTREMELY INCONVENIENT.........

4: Random killings need to be punished: AGAIN, THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE: for example, If I disovered a person randomely shot in the back, I would HAPPILY search for foot prints, then track the cheap asshole down that did the shooting, and execute him.....AFTER "arresting" him and making him realize he was going to DIE because he has no respect for human life...............but there are no footprints.....If i handcuffed someone they could simply log out (even if they died, they would respawn) or any number of things could happen......THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE.......... stop trying to pretend like it is, accept that it isn't, and make it friggin enjoyable.

-please, someone legitiamely tell me they like running around for 2-3 hours to get re-geared when they get randomely killed

6: I understand this is Alpha..... but what makes Day Z mod enjoyable is the customization, and the clan/group capabilities. Loot needs to be re-organized so that people can actually make gear stashes where they respawn at (TENTS!!!!)....... PVP becomes much more fun when your group can respawn and get right back into the fight......AFTER 2 weeks of just gathering stuff for a sustained battle............. That's what made the mod fun, bring it the F**K back.......

7: Remember, Day Z standalone IS ONLY popular because of ARMA II: Day Z Mod....... stick to your origins bud, I understand there is a vision, but don't stray from it......don't turn into Mario 64......it doesn't make sense, it's not fun..........

9:....................................that's for other people to say...........more zombies will be nice, but the things listed above are FAR more important to the enjoyment of the game........ plus, if you add more zombies, you better start people off with something that can at least do some damage to a zombie.....FISTS ARE USELESSS!!!!!!!

Where can I go to too get my minutes back that I wasted reading this?

-vehicles etc will be added

-What would the point of pve zones be? survivng just the zombies comon its a joke..... its not hard to avoid players if u play right....

-really spawning into a fight lmao hope you are kidding.... storage will also be added in multiple ways.

- Loot will be fixed

-zombies will be fixed as well with more and respawning

-and plz do not ever compare wow to dayz again lastly

• Like 1

-vehicles etc will be added

-What would the point of pve zones be? survivng just the zombies comon its a joke..... its not hard to avoid players if u play right....

-really spawning into a fight lmao hope you are kidding.... storage will also be added in multiple ways.

- Loot will be fixed

-zombies will be fixed as well with more and respawning

-and plz do not ever compare wow to dayz again lastly

The sad thing is, I stopped reading 2 paragraphs in... I didn't realize he made a WoW reference... he just acts like a WoW player... really annoying and self entitled over stupid nonsense.

Edited by SeekerScorpio
  • Like 1

please no

I initially missed the part where he tried to relate DayZ to WoW, so I must edit my rating.

This rant is now a 1/10, though bear in mind it was dangerously close to decimal territory.

<_<

I played dayzmod, and immediately noticed it was 110% better than what rocket is making dayz out to be now. its sad. I noticed what we all used to play was perfect, until rocket started making things more detailed that are not important, not working on the actual core game issues. didn't the community take over his mod before and actually do better than he has ever these past 2 years? yes. rocket needs to be thrown out of the mix again, it needs to happen cause if it dosent again this mod is going nowhere at all as it happened before.

Edited by keyboardcatSS

I played dayzmod, and immediately noticed it was 110% better than what rocket is making dayz out to be now. its sad.

I was wondering about that. Since the mod is built on the same engine, maybe not the same net architecture, you think they would have had a better functioning alpha then they have now. Just cause the SA is pretty doesn't make it better. Personally i enjoy the bugs to some degree and i think Dayz isnt the same without bugs and will probably never be bug free. But i'd like to know what data gathered over the 2 years of the mod's alpha life have been implemented and applied to this stand alone

Basically, what the hell did the dev team learn from the alpha from the mod that they applied to this new alpha?

Edited by Shadyfizzle

I initially missed the part where he tried to relate DayZ to WoW, so I must edit my rating.

This rant is now a 1/10, though bear in mind it was dangerously close to decimal territory.

<_<

I can't....................believe!!!!............. you didn't!!!..................like.........the POST!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!

1: Holy shit you people make me mad, stop your whining, stop doing stupid things and getting yourself in stupid situations. If people are KOS'ing you then stay the fuck away from them, don't just walk upto them all herpy de derpdy "wanna be frendz?" You need to be cautious of people in this game and you would be even more cautions were this real life. Be smart and don;t show yourself immediately if you want to see if someone is friendly, of course don't expect them to stay friendly, you never know how someone thinks.

Is any game realistic? I'd say DayZ and Arma are the most realistic games you'll come across. Non PVP areas? What, you think zombies or players are gonna stop hurting you because you need your space to cry? You won't be given time rest in a zombie apocalypse, you have to SURVIVE. Basic loot, (Food water clothes) seem reasonably easy to find, if you're thinking of weapons then no shit, nobody is gonna leave weapons lying around on their couch for you.

2: Oh hang on a sec my hud is only saying I'm mildly annoyed at your expecting someone to have ESP, "My croch is itchy, Oh of course duuh, I have aids." I hate to break it to you buddy but it doesn't work like that. You're not some car you can gauge when it's empty or full you're a complex human being with complex problems, don't expect to know all about what is making you sic right when you get sick there are millions of diseases out there.

I think the way it is in DayZ is a huge step up from the mod, it makes medicines more valuable and diseases affect your survival and gameplay more.

3: I seem to be able to find loot relatively easily, but of course that loot re-spawning thing is currently being sorted out, Apart from the re-spawning issue I like how scarse the loot can be, instead of sprinting through a couple of doors coming out packed with all the food and basics you will ever need, you actually have to look, and stay in the towns and cities for longer which allows for some nice player interactions.

4: Someone needs punishing? Sure call the Po-po! Oh what a shame the zombies ate them. Nobody is going to get punished in a place where there is no longer any law, it is not survival of the fittest/most geared/smartest. Seriously, some people have no Idea what a Zombie apocalypse scenario entails,  you need to fight for your life, this includes killing people who may want to kill you are who may have something you need to live. 

I understand that there are times when some complete asses gun new spawns down, and yes that could be punnished, but turning the game into a easy mode, PG game is not the way to do it.

If I disovered a person randomely shot in the back, I would HAPPILY search for foot prints, then track the cheap asshole down that did the shooting, and execute him

And what if they had a legitimate reason for shooting that player, You'd be the one doing the random killing then.

Getting geared back up is actually the best, but most rarely experienced, parts of the game for me. It's easy as tits to survive when you've got good gear and it get's pretty boring end game, if you know where you're going you can get re-geared pretty quick.

5: Sure vodka would be nice.

6: Yes this is Alpha

7: I think there's a Standalone and Arma 3 mod for a reason, if one gets fucked up, filled with junk that had no reason to be, then there's always a second place to go. So far it all looks good.

8: Hahaha! Look at this loser guys! Playing DayZ and he hates walking! Good lord that's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one! This isn't COD buddy, It's based off of a tactical slow paced game and that's the way it should be. Gotta go fast only works for getting you killed and making you do stupid things.

P.S. Alpha

9: DayZ isn't going to change because you're too shit at it to live more than a few seconds, Dark souls didn't change for the kids playing that, DayZ and doesn't give a shit if you're not good enough to survive on your own. So you're just gonna have to get used to it. Apologies if I didn't fully explain the errors of this guy's 'changes' to everyone's expectations I very rarely attempt to explain them to the bitches whining about the game not having this or that, despite it not being a completed game yet, or having unfriendly players who beating them with wrenches and sticking bats up their asses because they're too stupid to watch their asses and fight for their lives. DayZ is a beautiful game one of which I am glad to have been a part of, it is a challanging game with no room for the weak and unwilled. It is a Zombie Survival genre, and it really deserves that, it is a True zombie SURVIVAL game. 

FISTS ARE USELESSS!!!!!!!

U wot m8!? I'll whack ye in the gob, knock you unconscious, nick ur axe, 'nd stick it up yer pooper! 

THATS what i call a first post! Welcome to the forums, may you stick to your refreshing heat and anger :)