superkyle

Why would anyone subject themselves to being taken hostage?

Any hostage can simply hit exit and disappear without any notice. Even if you put a timer, no one would know the timer's been started except the hostage, so as you're fiddling in your backpack for your handcuffs and whatnot he's already on the timer with 15 secs left..13...10..5...poof.

Why even go through the trouble of implementing bags over ppl's heads, handcuffs, keys, force feeding, etc. when none of it matters because anyone with a brain can just vanish in an instant?

There really should be a better system for exitting the game that also lets people KNOW you're trying to leave. a simple timer will not fix this game.

Any hostage can simply hit exit and disappear without any notice. Even if you put a timer, no one would know the timer's been started except the hostage, so as you're fiddling in your backpack for your handcuffs and whatnot he's already on the timer with 15 secs left..13...10..5...poof.

Why even go through the trouble of implementing bags over ppl's heads, handcuffs, keys, force feeding, etc. when none of it matters because anyone with a brain can just vanish in an instant?

There really should be a better system for exitting the game that also lets people KNOW you're trying to leave. a simple timer will not fix this game.

If you log out while handcuffed , you die.

Yep I was kidnapped once and it was akward. 2 guys with full gear captured me when I spawned near cherno. Then they just stood there, talking shit about real life and completely ignoring me. For 20 mins till I quit

Why would you subject yourself to playing DayZ at all? Why engage in combat? Why not alt-f4? Why loot? Why not just server hop?

It's all in the experience. Some of us prefer the memories over knowing we bested someone in video gamery.

• Like 2

a smart player would log out, a fair player would stick it out, maybe try to get the upper hand on their captor

and some people will want to see what happens

I assumed this would be about why anyone wouldn't make a last stand instead. I was only ever captured once after being knocked out by a Winchester, but the standalone gives a lot more viable ways to take someone alive whether they like it or not.

If someone's already been captured, they stay because logging out = combat log, and it's a dick move anyways.

"Why would anyone subject themselves to being taken hostage?"

I'm probably completely missing the point here but it is a video game that is slightly off-center and places you in unknown situations where you have to interact with other players in order to survive?

:)

Edited by SandTiger

My current goal in DayZ is to allow my capture in a controlled environment by a small group of players, only to pick up a hidden weapon and slaughter them all before they can escape with my gear. 

Well i get handcuffed because i like it when people take advantage over me ;)            (Especially when they play dirty) :D

XGheo0y.gif