Sign in to follow this  
mick18

Gamma cheating has been fixed?

I saw Dayz download some updates, so i gave i decided to give it a quick burn.

It was night time and only a few other players, so i took the opportunity to play in 1st person with the flashlight. The city was full of zombies which was excellent, i had five bearing down on me and it was fucking brutal, especially when they started to chase me up some stairs! they didnt make it up, but for a split second i thought i'm dead for sure. I had a pistol, but no headlamp, so i thought i would gamma cheat to get out of it, but it didnt work?

After hot swapping between my flashlight and pistol i got rid of the zombies, ran outside, and now i'm fairly sure that gamma cheating no longer works, so i just wanted to confirm with other players? it might have been because of the moon or something, i havent played enough nights to have know if there is a full cycle or whatnot. But yeah, things remained pretty black.

And maybe a suggestion for future play, being able to combine the pistol and flashlight would be handy. Walking around in the brace position, at night, despatching zombies would be awesome. I dont know what could be done about single handed melee though, headlamp or bust? or maybe it could work the same as combining the pistol with the flashlight?.

• Like 1

if its a moonless night it dont work anymore and its incredible dark

but if you see the moon its still working with the gamma "cheat"

Are you running the game in windowed or windowed-fullscreen mode? If so then the in-game gamma slider doesn't do anything.

And maybe a suggestion for future play, being able to combine the pistol and flashlight would be handy. Walking around in the brace position, at night, despatching zombies would be awesome. I dont know what could be done about single handed melee though, headlamp or bust? or maybe it could work the same as combining the pistol with the flashlight?.

A light attachment for the pistol like they have for the M4 would be nice.

• Like 1

And maybe a suggestion for future play, being able to combine the pistol and flashlight would be handy.

I'm very surprised this hasn't been implemented as a common attachment for all weapons ^^

As for you Gamma question i believe you can still max it out to see better in the dark.. :(

moiyGsW.jpg

jP6ZKeD.jpg

Edited by Aussie Bogan
  • Like 1

Thier is a pistol flashlight attachment, haven't seen one though since the last patch.

How are you going to fix using graphic card setting based gamma changes or monitor setting based gamma adjustment? Your not.

You sleep at night anyway... Just make moonlit nights with reduced visibility (and not black and white please). Then full-dark-night PvE servers. Who the HELL is going to turn on their flashlights with all this KOS?

Rummage through houses for hours till im literally dizzy then turn on my flashlight for some bored PVP player to put see me way across town? Hell no.

I can navigate fairly well without a flashlight even at the darkes times on the old parts of map. But looting and fighting is totally impossibru without source of lighting. And that pleases me. Lighting need some rework though, too dim. At a very dark night it should be a lot brighter. But nights with clear sky and bright moon... meh. All nights should be dark, especially in the forest. What's the point in day-night cycle anyway if night almost as bright as day?

Ah ok, maybe they will remove the full moon or change the way it relates to light, the dark is too great an experience to be able to get around it, even if you can only do it during a full moon.

Yeah im playing fullscreen.

You know 'bogan, i'd love a lever action :thumbsup: . Love it and stroke it.

There are almost no zombies on the map right now, blundeing about on a moonless night walkging into actual zombie levels would be brutal.

but it feels right now to me, if there is any shred of moon at all, the game is fine, with no moon, its uber uplayable

it still exists, I joined a server where it was pitch black night, even when you turn up gamma, it doesn't even help. I ran through a village with my flashlight on and then i saw a guy with a gun. Turned off my flash light and ran in zig zags through the streets. The guy shot in bursts and I got killed, like he had some sort of hack.

There are almost no zombies on the map right now, blundeing about on a moonless night walkging into actual zombie levels would be brutal.

but it feels right now to me, if there is any shred of moon at all, the game is fine, with no moon, its uber uplayable

Yeah, having to deal with zombie hordes like in DayZ Mod (which is something they're working on) but in pitch black DayZ SA would make it almost pointless to play on a moonless night.  I like the immersion but I think they're going to need to work on balancing it a little.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I'm very surprised this hasn't been implemented as a common attachment for all weapons ^^

Duct tape. I'm quite surprised it has no uses, I can think of a million! 

• Like 2

Fixed

Since you feel you are so good at the game then you definitely have been on the bug tracker, right? Since I have never seen you listed there I'm going to assume you're just an idiot trying to feel good about running your mouth about what a player wants to experience. The point of this release is to test the game and provide feedback. Good luck helping anything while testing in the dark. I'll gladly be the one shooting you from three blocks away since you won't be seeing me. It might just be because of the moon but I see just fine right now. Even once it releases if there are nvg in the game I won't bother with playing with a flashlight. Just feels like a waste of time fumbling around in the dark, trying to find bugs and realizing your flashlight is just a kill me beacon to the 99% of players that KOS.

it still exists, I joined a server where it was pitch black night, even when you turn up gamma, it doesn't even help. I ran through a village with my flashlight on and then i saw a guy with a gun. Turned off my flash light and ran in zig zags through the streets. The guy shot in bursts and I got killed, like he had some sort of hack.

Never had a firefight at pitch black night in SA yet. But may be it was a muzzleflsh? I remember that muzzleflash from bursts in mod was able to provide some sort of light.

Edited by Jimmy Rustlers

;-;

Fixed another one.

Your fail at an impudent rant makes me fuzzy inside.

Mostly because you don't seem to even know what you're talking about.

Edited by BurritoBandit

Never had a firefight at pitch black night in SA yet. But may be it was a muzzleflsh? I remember that muzzleflash from bursts in mod was able to provide some sort of light.

Wait till flares are introduced. Right now, it's GAMMA wars.

Still works. Set your clouds and shadows to "off", then brightness and gamma up - Blam, nightvision.

Still works. Set your clouds and shadows to "off", then brightness and gamma up - Blam, nightvision.

Clouds very low and HDR low then the gamma works.

Fixed another one.

Your fail at an impudent rant makes me fuzzy inside.

Mostly because you don't seem to even know what you're talking about.

Care to explain or is ambiguous troll your only response?

Care to explain or is ambiguous troll your only response?

To explain why you don't know what you're talking about?

Because you say you're going to kill me despite me not being able to see you, your only real response was an in-game threat and a bad one at that. Then you bring up flashlights, which I never mentioned once. Not sure how that's relevant to my post. I love how you call me a troll, yet all you do is threaten to kill me in-game with grammar that hurts my eyes.

The issue is most people game after work/school. So if your like me i dot get home till 7pm sometimes, which means i have at best an hour of daylight in game. This is if i am on a local timezone server. I guess we could swamp day night so during real time day is really night and vise versa.

The issue is most people game after work/school. So if your like me i dot get home till 7pm sometimes, which means i have at best an hour of daylight in game. This is if i am on a local timezone server. I guess we could swamp day night so during real time day is really night and vise versa.

Some servers are swapped, and even if they aren't, why not play on a server with a different timezone?