Ozelot (DayZ)

How much KoS should there be?

How much killing on sight do you want?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. More or less?

• The most: Everyone kills you as soon as they see you.
    • Even more: People KoS on the coast, anyone who's unarmed. Only hidden parts of the map are safe.
    • More: KoS always happens in big cities, and most outlying towns.
    • Less: No KoS on the coastlines.
    • Even less: No KoS except in NWAF and high-value loot spots in big cities.
    • None at all: Carebear mode. PvE only.

People always complain about KoS like it should be fixed, and they like to try and come up with different solutions that are sure to work but they pretty much never alter anything.

If you could do something that would change KoS significantly though, how much would most people even want?

• Like 1

inb4 this thread turns into a war between 2 sides. I vote for the 4th option

Edited by Gdaddy22

It should always be an option but there should be a reason not to KoS.  There is currently no reason to take the chance because you can do everything yourself.  

On idea is this:  If there were a wide range of skills that took time to develop, for example, then perhaps a random player has a skill that you don't have.

Edited by 11010broadway

I believe killing on sight plays a role in DayZ in terms of survival and role-playing experiences. It makes the person feel whether to trust someone or not. Even though it might not be fair to some and fair to others, I feel it fills in that gap that represents the true apocalypse feel to the game as an extra challenge or even an immersion.

In my own experience since I usually play solo, I try to hide myself away from other players which usually results in a higher chance of survival unless I happen to be fired upon.

Overall, killing on sight should never be altered.

• Like 1

KoS is not simple black/white thing :huh:

there is bandit like me who doing KoS on armed guys for gear

is legitimate strategy for survive :thumbsup: :ph34r:

there is guys who doing KoS on fresh spawn

is dick move >:(

is too many different style and motivate for doing KoS

what we need is less douche player not less KoS

• Like 1

why do most PVPers think that PVE players want PVP removed when we complain about KoS ?

they are totaly different issues..

Maybe because you try to pretend they're "totally different issues" when they're not? Makes you look disingenuous and therefore we assume you have ulterior motives.

KoS is PvP. Just because it's PvP you don't like doesn't mean it's not PvP.

why do most PVPers think that PVE players want PVP removed when we complain about KoS ?

they are totaly different issues..

This isn't a PvE game though so those people are idiots.

For me, this game is so much more than just another PVP game. That's why I play it. If I wanted to kill people, I'd play Call of Duty or something. For me, kill on SIGHT is complete bullshit and I can not understand it, at all. I am not in any way opposed to killing other players, but in my personal opinion it should only happen under certain circumstances. 

When I see another player, I always try to make contact by voice. If they ignore me, I will engage. If they do not ignore and appear friendly, I will help them out with resources if needed. If they decide to use my generosity against me by killing me after, say, I've given them an M4 mag, then so be it. That's what this game is about for me - trust or no trust. That's my personal opinion about the game and obviously I don't expect everyone to follow that model exactly, but I think that's much more sensible and enjoyable than just killing anyone you see just for the sake of it.

So I voted for option five. When I see someone in the forest running ahead of me, why would I just kill him? For me, DayZ has a RolePlay aspect in it, which kind of means you don't just go killing other people unless you really need to. Then again, nowadays it's more kill or be killed kind of playing...

• Like 2

Its not a question of how much KOS one wants. You cant change reality =)

There will always be KOS, as Color said, its a players choice.

Some people are dicks, some are not. Its like in real life. You have to deal with it.

I personally KoS people if they feel like a threat to me and act hostile. Since i dont want to die, i need to kill them before they kill me.

You can see what weapons they are carriyng. For example: if someone has an Axe or a Handgun, and i am equipped with an M4, i wont shoot till he behaves hostile.

I am much more willing to pull the trigger if a fully equipped guy makes hostile moves or doesnt react to my ingame voice.

Sometimes i sit several minutes on a hill and watch player interaction in cities. If you hear gunshots, or see someone getting robbed or killed, you know how to behave =) Run away, or kick their asses.

Edited by Sloddor

How much KoS should there be?

For me , the question is not how much KoS should tehre be, but rather what consequences there should be.

• Like 1

As much as the person that kills you wants there to be, if you get killed by someone then it is your own fault that you trusted this person or did not notice him. Always keep in mind there is someone that prefers KoS instead of being a friendly. You can prevent KoS by being more stealth like/awareness or taking precautions when moving towards some one.

It's part of the game, Learn to live with it and adapt or don't play... Simple

The people that say we need to KoS all the time really need to hold back.

DayZ would loose all sense of progression, the avg life would be struggling to top 20 mins.

You wouldn't know how often you're being watched.

I watch a lot, never do I shoot.

Sometimes I have people walk 20 meters from me without a clue I was there.

Run down the road, in the open and people will see you, they don't shoot, why should you shoot the next person you see? where if the last person thought the same as you, you would be toast?

Not a chance in hell would you ignorant folks have.

• Like 1

I killed my first man today he was super nice but he had my withdrawal my blood I wasn't sure what was going then i got sick so I thought he was poisoning me so I killed him. I feel bad T_T

For me , the question is not how much KoS should tehre be, but rather what consequences there should be.

^This

And comment poster Here already.