Twixxer

How about Balota airfield military loot getting removed?

Ironically Im probably less of a carebear than you are, seems to me you're the one whining for easy loot and easy PvP with no risks and no consequences.

I guess it depends on your perspective.  As I said before I dont really see gear as an End Game thing, I see it as the start of actually playing this game.

Running around for 3 hours looking for gear seems just like a grind to me particularity when there are no vehicles in the game yet.  

I am all for risk and consequence but not needless grinding.  I stop playing MMO's as a full time job when I graduated from college and actually got a real job... maybe that does make you more "hardcore" than I am. 

I just noticed this statement:

facepalm.png

Someone has to play the bad guy in PvP games... without people like me there would be no excitement in this game.  Instead of being a douche you should just say thank you. 

I agree that there is a bit to much military loot at Balota airstrip, but removing all of it(so that a shotgun or a pistol is all that you could find there) just doesnt seem... DayZ like. I think the coast should have some form of high risk/high reward(some military loot at balota), but as it is I think there is a bit too much.

Some other thoughts about this:

Balota is very avoidable(I know this doesn't stop people from killing on the coast, but others killing fresh spawns has always happened).

There are better places to loot that really aren't all that far from Balota; Some random military hold out south east of palvolo, Zelen, chreno, the apartment buildings north of Balota(which seems like a really nice sniper nest).

Still in alpha and not much else to do. Not saying I play the game to KoS but when you get gear, and a rather full load out of food/drink and meds, what do you do with it? Hunt down all the zombies on the server? Hold up others and laugh at them?

• Like 1

Someone has to play the bad guy in PvP games... without people like me there would be no excitement in this game.  Instead of being a douche you should just say thank you. 

You're missing the point. You say you dont play the game for survival, but it IS intended to be a survival game whether you like it or not, that is the decision of the devs not yours. So in one sentence you've essentially disarmed your own argument and acknowledged that you are playing with the wrong mentality, thus backing my argument.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure no one's arguing this. But while he may have maintained that it's a PvP game, he's also maintained that it is a SURVIVAL game. You can't combine the fundamentals of a survival game with a quick paced no consequence deathmatch game, they're not compatible.

Other than "no consequence," yes. You actually can do that. That's exactly what DayZ does. Part of the SURVIVAL aspect of the game is surviving other players who very often want to "deathmatch" you.

• Like 1

Other than "no consequence," yes. You actually can do that. That's exactly what DayZ does. Part of the SURVIVAL aspect of the game is surviving other players who very often want to "deathmatch" you.

But allowing you to get all the gear you need at the coast 2 minutes after spawning makes the idea of consequence redundant.

Edited by -j3bbah

PvP in general is good for the game. That's not at all what this thread is about though.

Then what is it about? Balota military loot means "too much PvP" at the coast? Or something? It's ridiculous.

Balota, one of the common spawns is currently a huge PvP hotspot. Why that is not good for the game should be pretty clear, even to those who just play for PvP and KoS.

There are no spawn points in Balota.

So, no, I'm sorry. I don't see why it's bad for the game to have it be a PvP hot spot.

Or why it's suddenly different than it was in the mod, when there were several military loot spawns in Balota and a ton of PvP at the airfield.

But allowing you to get all the gear you need at the coast 2 minutes after spawning makes the idea of consequence redundant.

Except you can't do that. It being so close to the coast means it's almost completely empty on every server and you're more likely to get killed than you are to get the "gear you need."

Then what is it about? Balota military loot means "too much PvP" at the coast? Or something? It's ridiculous.

There are no spawn points in Balota.

So, no, I'm sorry. I don't see why it's bad for the game to have it be a PvP hot spot.

Or why it's suddenly different than it was in the mod, when there were several military loot spawns in Balota and a ton of PvP at the airfield.

Some military loot is fine (though I would rather it was just basic low tier weapons), but barracks are the high end loot, they were never at Balota in the mod, that is the issue people have. Why go to the airfield if all the potential gear you need is right at the coast and you can loot up then camp and kill fresh spawns, all in view of the coast.

Edited by -j3bbah

it's almost completely empty on every server and you're more likely to get killed than you are to get the "gear you need."

Which is exactly as it was at the NWAF in the mod, except you actually had to make some semblance of an effort to get there, and because of that you would almost always go prepared. Now you don't need to make any effort because there's no consequence.

Edited by -j3bbah

I'm so freakin pissed.  I went to Balota and got myself an M4 and a pistol and got shot coming out of the tower before I could even kill any fresh spawn! :D

I think the situation will be a bit more balanced when and if Rocket floods the maps with zombies.  People will actually need those weapons for something other than shooting other players and you won't be able to just stroll onto the airfields. 

Read the thread mr., I have stated about 10 times that its not about me but about whole community. And it's not only Balota. Balota causes whole coast to get KoS'd.

Check the devblogs then. Why do you think they implemented restraining and other features then? To obviously decrease PVP.

I couldn't help but facepalm at this post. How the hell would somebody have access to an AK-74 at beginning of a Zombie Apocalypse? Only few terrorists or military veterans would. Plus you're forgetting the fact that the game is set in post-soviet state. No person could hold an AK74 in their home in a post-soviet state. Most of civilians would indeed walk around with hunting rifles and melee weapons because they wouldn't want to risk dying whilst trying to obtain an AK74 from a military base.  

Its sounds like you must facepalm a lot, it hints to me that you might be more special than most. 'duh facepalm'.

I literally explained in my post why there would be assault rifles laying everywhere and not just at military bases if your view is so narrow you have managed to block it out, re read the post im not explaining it again. No one mentioned the beginning of an apocalypse so why have you stated it as if thats the part you start at in the game because it clearly is not. Also you clearly do not know anything about gun law in the czech republic otherwise you would know its actually highly likely there would be a lot of guns laying around.

And also its like your just not getting it no matter how many times i say it, the military are not going to be at the MILITARY BASE except a select few. they would be fighting the zombies in the towns and cities and they would be dying and they would be dropping weapons and they would not be picking them up again.

I got news for some of you guys crying "THIS IS A ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME" 

Open PvP full looting games attract PK's (aka bandits) regardless of what type of game it is.  The story line doesn't matter.

I started with Ultima Online way back in 1998, then Eve Online, then Darkfall, now DayZ.   Zombies, spaceships, mages.. it doesn't matter.  Its the PvP aspect some people like.

If you want to play with zombies and be in survival mode thats fine... but some people just want to hunt other people.  I dont think thats is any less legitimate of a reason to play this game. 

Regardless,  giving naked noobs the ability to defend themselves faster should be seen as a good thing because even if you make people go up north for military gear they are still going to bring it back down to Cherno to kill people. 

Define ''game with no choice''. You're again missing the point here. People go to Balota, get a M4 with several mags and then kill freshspawns ALL over the coast, not only Balota airfield. If you lack common sense and reasonable argument please don't post.

You're over-exaggerating, and there's nothing to stop them from gearing up at one of the nearby military bases or the NWAF and coming to the coast and camping people. In fact the military loot at Balota now gives new spawns a chance to better defend themselves.

Uhm, excuse me? How is it all fine? One of main developers goals right now are to decrease PVP you know.

Where is this stated?  Link?

Hey there!
I've been playing and testing the standalone for about a week now. I've come to point where I realize that Balota airfield has more PVP and battles than NWA had back at the mod. Forum's Gallery section is flooded with Balota ''gunfight'' videos like this:

and those are just a few videos from the Gallery.

This is mainly because of the high military loot ammounts in the area, which weren't there back at the mod. 
It encouraged people to move North to actually come across better items. In my opinion, Balota airfield
causes lots of PVP and KoS on the coast. If devs were to remove the military loot from Balota and instead
turn it into a civilian airstrip where you could find a shotgun or a pistol at max, the situation would be greatly
improved. 

What's your opnion on this guys? Feel free to agree/disagree with me as long as you're reasonable :).

I like the idea they are going for, but just lowere the rate the m4's spawn maybe 1-2 m4's you can find and have empty-full mags at random. It gives the fresh spawn a fighting chance when they move up to the northern area where people are fully geared up and have legit weapons, cause i mean really going up against guys with a shotgun and they have a good ranged weapon wont do much. I think thats where they were trying to get at with the military base at balota. Yea there are alot of douchebags camping the base but hey in what game do douchebags not exsist, thats why there are PVE servers/lower count servers/and hosting your own server. Trying to lower down the PVP in a Mass PVP game, (even if you say its a zombie simulation/COD/Arma blah blah blah) at the end of the day it is a PVP base game otherwise they wouldnt of implamented able to kill other players, really sounds ridiculous majority of the people are going to ignore the moans and complain cause they like doing what they are doing which is killing people. Which again leads to the PVE servers if you can't handle being killed over and over.

Which is exactly as it was at the NWAF in the mod, except you actually had to make some semblance of an effort to get there, and because of that you would almost always go prepared. Now you don't need to make any effort because there's no consequence.

You realize the mod had Balota military spawns, too, right? There were like 15+ military spawn points at Balota in the mod.

It wasn't an issue, because they were almost always looted out and heavily camped, so people stopped going there because it was a death trap.

The standalone is no different, and people will learn not to go there eventually. No reason whatsoever to take these spawn points out.

• Like 2

It's not about the "fast PVP". It's about the BS that comes OUT of Balota. Fresh spawn bandit gets in, goes to Balota, gets gear, goes and camps somewhere on top of Cherno. It's basically going against what Rocket wants for KoS, he's basically telling people to PVP now. I don't know about you but me, personally, I want the fag KoS Bandits to ACTUALLY WORK for their gear. Not "Oh look I spawned at Balota . . ." 8 mins later ". . . and another fresh spawn noob down . . . and . . . another . . . and . . . ". These are the assholes that don't know what the map looks like any farther north than Zelenogorsk.

• Like 1

Some military loot is fine (though I would rather it was just basic low tier weapons), but barracks are the high end loot, they were never at Balota in the mod, that is the issue people have. Why go to the airfield if all the potential gear you need is right at the coast and you can loot up then camp and kill fresh spawns, all in view of the coast.

There's no difference between low and high end military loot in the standalone yet. So why would we be making changes to the map right now? There's no 50 calibers or NVGs. It's all just backpacks and M4s.

I assume when rocket releases the final loot tables and spawn mechanics, he will take into consideration balancing the position of loot.

Having this debate now, before loot spawn mechanics even exist, is goofy and pointless.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 1

It's not that I disagree with you but this "game with no choice" thing has to stop. By that logic every village should have military loot, you can always choose not to go there and live in the wilderness.

Like I said, I fully expect things to change when anti server hopping features are implemented and when there's a variety of weapons in the game as opposed to a bunch of M4s. It doesn't mean the devs shouldn't keep in mind the fact that Balota, one of the common spawns is currently a huge PvP hotspot. Why that is not good for the game should be pretty clear, even to those who just play for PvP and KoS.

I agree with you there and I understand that point.

The developers do know where the Hot KOS and PVP spots are. They have tons of heatmaps of where players die and for what reasons. 

This even happening is only noticeable when you go to public testing. 

They are aware and are working on it. 

It dose not help anything complaining about a problem that may not exist after a few changes, that the devs all ready know about.

Use the bug tracker that is my point.

It's not about the "fast PVP". It's about the BS that comes OUT of Balota. Fresh spawn bandit gets in, goes to Balota, gets gear, goes and camps somewhere on top of Cherno. It's basically going against what Rocket wants for KoS, he's basically telling people to PVP now. I don't know about you but me, personally, I want the fag KoS Bandits to ACTUALLY WORK for their gear. Not "Oh look I spawned at Balota . . ." 8 mins later ". . . and another fresh spawn noob down . . . and . . . another . . . and . . . ". These are the assholes that don't know what the map looks like any farther north than Zelenogorsk.

Man you are sooo right. Rocket dose want us to quickly kit up and PVP. Maybe he can test the weapons. 

You are forgetting that you paid to be part of the Alpha development, not to enjoy your self. 

You were given several warnings about this. You are a TESTER you are not a player right now. 

You are a guinea pig who is being used. If you don't like that you are being used then learn to read before you buy.

Edited by WastelandSamurai
  • Like 2

it's easy to avoid pvp if you just go inland. and if I get killed when I'm a fresh spawn (hasn't happened yet), I really don't care. I respawn, and now I know where to stay away from. it's not like it's the mod where respawning might involve 10 minutes looking at the loading screen(s)

Man you are sooo right. Rocket dose want us to quickly kit up and PVP. Maybe he can test the weapons. 

You are forgetting that you paid to be part of the Alpha development, not to enjoy your self. 

You were given several warnings about this. You are a TESTER you are not a player right now. 

You are a guinea pig who is being used. If you don't like that you are being used then learn to read before you buy.

Yeah it's the Alpha. Which gives me all the more right to bitch about something. What do you think testers do? They test and give feedback. Did you think before you said that? I have been in many Alphas before, and every forum for said Alhpas want feedback.

Edited by FoamNinja

I think the loot shouldn't be removed, but rather limited. It's very hard to say right now though, because loot tables at the moment are pretty bad.

Edited by Gesundheit

Yeah it's the Alpha. Which gives me all the more right to bitch about something. What do you think testers do? They test and give feedback. Did you think before you said that? I have been in many Alphas before, and every forum for said Alhpas want feedback.

Yes testers do give feedback, in a BUG TRACKER!

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/login_page.php

There are CHANNELS FOR THIS AND ITS IN THE FORUM RULES

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154048-bug-reports/

You claim to be so experience with forums and their rules but fail to read this forums rules.

Did you think before you posted I DID! You ate your own words there pretty bad, must have drank some disinfectant.

Should we take anything you claim with credibility?

Edited by WastelandSamurai