Twixxer

How about Balota airfield military loot getting removed?

op stop being a pussy or avoid bolata and sit in a random house in a town all day long like a housekeeping simulator. 

Read the thread mr., I have stated about 10 times that its not about me but about whole community. And it's not only Balota. Balota causes whole coast to get KoS'd.

Good. Maybe that will teach them to get off the coast.

I've never seen any of the developers claim they wanted to "decrease PvP." Can you cite your source for this claim?

Check the devblogs then. Why do you think they implemented restraining and other features then? To obviously decrease PVP.

Really because i would get an automatic rifle, if you honestly think most people would prefer a hunting rifle you truly are stupid, sorry to be rude but you are, most people would use a bat when they could use an ak47. am i missing something ??? The reason why i said the apartment blocks are empty was to show you how your argument of being realistic is redundant looking at the state the game is in.

'People wouldn't go rushing to military bases to retrieve their weapons and then bring back to their apartment blocks. Common sense.' Yeah people would not go rushing to military bases, your right there so where is the irony in that statement??

Who said anything about people grabbing weapons and rushing back to their apartment blocks, soldiers would be fighting in the streets in Russia, in and out of the houses, fighting and dying and zombies don't pick up weapons. You do not have to be in the military to have an assault rifle so yes people would have assault rifles and even if they never the point is i would happily concede that tiny bit of how would you call say it 'realism' if it stopped this form of cheating that is going on at the moment.

I couldn't help but facepalm at this post. How the hell would somebody have access to an AK-74 at beginning of a Zombie Apocalypse? Only few terrorists or military veterans would. Plus you're forgetting the fact that the game is set in post-soviet state. No person could hold an AK74 in their home in a post-soviet state. Most of civilians would indeed walk around with hunting rifles and melee weapons because they wouldn't want to risk dying whilst trying to obtain an AK74 from a military base.  

• Like 1

<snip>

I think eventually when there's more guns, they can make it so every barracks isn't equal. rocket designed the loot spawns in the mod so the more 'elite' loot spawned in the NWAF and Heli Crashes, and hopefully the loot can eventually have a similar balance in the SA. at the moment there's basically one gun, and it's easy to find in the barracks. the Mosin is more of a crap-shoot, since it can spawn in many places. an untouched military area is pretty much a guaranteed M4. and in my experience, the pistol is usually sitting right next to the M4. M4's.... M4's everywhere. it should change when more weapons are added, and there's more opportunity to actually have certain loot be more rare

Edited by daze23

I like how anyone who wants something more to PvP than a boring aimless deathmatch at Balota is labelled a carebear and a pussy.

• Like 8

This is all sounds like Communism to me. Sounds really good when you write it down.. But it never works because people are going to be people. and do PEOPLE things like kill each other, or feed them disinfectants... There will always be PVP hotspots in the game. Deal with it. 

I try to avoid other players, and generally don't kill them. but if there wasn't a serious risk of being shot by another player in this game, I don't think I would enjoy it as much

• Like 1

I like how anyone who wants something more to PvP than a boring aimless deathmatch at Balota is labelled a carebear and a pussy.

That, or any suggestion involving changes to PvP dynamics is usually "taking away choices" or "changing the game to how you like to play".

That, or any suggestion involving changes to PvP dynamics is usually "taking away choices" or "changing the game to how you like to play".

I think its more that people are sick and tired of these types of threads when the current balance in the game is BROKEN ON PURPOSE.

They increase spawn on items and then boom they can use us TESTERS TO TEST THE FUCKING GAME!!!!

You guys are like starting to build a house and are arguing about the color of the paint on the walls. 

Let them work on the OHHH I DON'T KNOW the client server architecture, the GPU CPU optimization, adding the OTHER ITEMS IN THE GAME REQUIRED TO PROPERLY BALANCE THE ITEMS. 

Its completely moronic to argue about game balance in a game that has yet to be completed. 

When we have all the guns in, all the weapon stats fixed, all the other major bugs fixed 

Then I guarantee that this community would be glad to debate balance. 

But no Lets make a million threads on how there are too many M4's when ITS THE ONLY MILITARY GUN IN THE GAME. 

• Like 2

The loot should stay.  If anything they should have it respawn quicker.  

I dont play this game for zombies or survival.... I play it for no safe zone open full looting PvP.  The faster people can gear up the faster they can shoot back.

If me and my buddies have 2 hours to play on a given night I dont want to spend 1 hour and 45 mins scrounging for gear and 15 min looking for PvP... I want 15 mins scrounging for gear and 1 hour and 45 min looking for PvP. 

Keep Balota airfield military spawns... 

• Like 1

has anyone considered that there is only one tier of weaponry, and that those weapons will most likely be replaced by weaker weapons down the road? 

• Like 1

I dont play this game for zombies or survival.... I play it for no safe zone open full looting PvP.  The faster people can gear up the faster they can shoot back.

If me and my buddies have 2 hours to play on a given night I dont want to spend 1 hour and 45 mins scrounging for gear and 15 min looking for PvP... I want 15 mins scrounging for gear and 1 hour and 45 min looking for PvP. 

Why don't you just go play CoD or Battlefield? This is DayZ, a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL apocalypse game, not a shooter.

• Like 2

I think its more that people are sick and tired of these types of threads when the current balance in the game is BROKEN ON PURPOSE.

It's not that I disagree with you but this "game with no choice" thing has to stop. By that logic every village should have military loot, you can always choose not to go there and live in the wilderness.

Like I said, I fully expect things to change when anti server hopping features are implemented and when there's a variety of weapons in the game as opposed to a bunch of M4s. It doesn't mean the devs shouldn't keep in mind the fact that Balota, one of the common spawns is currently a huge PvP hotspot. Why that is not good for the game should be pretty clear, even to those who just play for PvP and KoS.

• Like 1

They increase spawn on items and then boom they can use us TESTERS TO TEST THE FUCKING GAME!!!!

You guys are like starting to build a house and are arguing about the color of the paint on the walls. 

Let them work on the OHHH I DON'T KNOW the client server architecture, the GPU CPU optimization, adding the OTHER ITEMS IN THE GAME REQUIRED TO PROPERLY BALANCE THE ITEMS. 

Its completely moronic to argue about game balance in a game that has yet to be completed. 

When we have all the guns in, all the weapon stats fixed, all the other major bugs fixed 

Then I guarantee that this community would be glad to debate balance. 

But no Lets make a million threads on how there are too many M4's when ITS THE ONLY MILITARY GUN IN THE GAME. 

The fact is there are already people saying they want it to stay the way it is, so naturally people are going to argue with that. There's no indication that it isn't going to be changed back, but then there's no indication that it is going to be changed back, so people will argue. I'm not arguing that they should change it back right now, Im just arguing with the people who think it's fine how it is. That is a perfectly valid argument at this stage.

Keep raging though mate

The thing is though DayZ was never intended to be the deathmatch game you seem to want it to be, but hey maybe if you complain long enough they will change their minds and accommodate just for deathmatchers and completely ruin the game :D

Why don't you just go play CoD or Battlefield? This is DayZ, a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL apocalypse game, not a shooter.

Because there is no fear of death in those games... its just run and gun and respawn.  No tactics at all. 

You seem to think that getting gear is End Game. I think getting gear is just the start of the game.  The quicker naked noobs can get weapons and fight back the quicker they can start playing this game... that is if they want to fight back... you are free to collect food in the dark of night and hide in a barn during the day like the pussy you sound like.

You dont see me telling you to go play some single player game where you can decorate your abandoned cabin in peace do you?  So why dont you stop trying to tell me how I "should" be playing this game. 

I agree, purely because it makes more sense to have the intense PvP/military loot zone be located in the north, away from fresh spawn locations. Makes the consequences of PvP greater too, since you actually had to have worked to get all the way up there. Dying in Balota is not a big deal because you probably just spawned and didn't have anything when you ran there in search of military loot.

Edited by ClassyPenguin
  • Like 2

The thing is though DayZ was never intended to be the deathmatch game you seem to want it to be, but hey maybe if you complain long enough they will change their minds and accommodate just for deathmatchers and completely ruin the game :D

Deathmatch???  What game are you playing?  You can hang around Balota on a heavily populated server for an hour and not see anyone.  And even when PvP does kick off its not like its a 20 vs 20 server deathmatch... its usually very small groups like 2v2 or 3v3 type stuff.

And by the way I am not the one complaining.. you carebears are the ones complaining. 

I will never understand people who want to play an online game but without the inconvenience of other people doing things they dont like. lol 

Deathmatch???  What game are you playing?  You can hang around Balota on a heavily populated server for an hour and not see anyone.  And even when PvP does kick off its not like its a 20 vs 20 server deathmatch... its usually very small groups like 2v2 or 3v3 type stuff.

And by the way I am not the one complaining.. you carebears are the ones complaining. 

I will never understand people who want to play an online game but without the inconvenience of other people doing things they dont like. lol 

Ironically Im probably less of a carebear than you are, seems to me you're the one whining for easy loot and easy PvP with no risks and no consequences.

Read the thread mr., I have stated about 10 times that its not about me but about whole community.

Okay, except clearly the "whole community" doesn't agree with you, so it really is just about you and the people who agree with you. You're not a spokesperson for the community.

Balota causes whole coast to get KoS'd.

No it doesn't. People who are going to KoS are going to do it no matter where they get their gear. The mod had military loot at Balota too. It was never an issue then, and it's not now.

Check the devblogs then. 

How about a link or a quote?

Why do you think they implemented restraining and other features then? To obviously decrease PVP.

Restraint is a form of PvP. As is force feeding. They added these things to make PvP more interesting and fun, not to "decrease" it.

DayZ is a PvP game. I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

I couldn't help but facepalm at this post. How the hell would somebody have access to an AK-74 at beginning of a Zombie Apocalypse?

They wouldn't, obviously. They wouldn't have any weapons or ammunition. Nobody would. It would all have been used up years ago. But that would make for an incredibly boring fucking game, which is why rocket isn't trying to accurately simulate an apocalypse.

Even though I have been killed (on sight) at Balota, I think it is good as it is. Why?

The airstrip simply has a high risk/ high reward ratio.

Also, It is easily avoidable & does lure some of the bandits away from Cherno.

That.

Its like a bet, i was preparing myself to ever situation when i started walking towards there. And it saved me. If you want to find good gear, fast, you need to have a risk doing so.

It's both. Why don't you go play Dead Rising? Or Resident Evil? Or WarZ?

Or maybe, just maybe we could stop telling people who like different things about DayZ to "go play different games" because it's fucking stupid and counter-productive.

Yes, DayZ has zombies, but rocket has maintained from the beginning that the primary source of threat and challenge in the game will be other players. It's a PvP military game with zombies and survival mechanics.

• Like 1

Deathmatch??? What game are you playing? You can hang around Balota on a heavily populated server for an hour and not see anyone. And even when PvP does kick off its not like its a 20 vs 20 server deathmatch... its usually very small groups like 2v2 or 3v3 type stuff.

I think you should play arma, there is nice mods for you to play as you wish and not ruin this game. Sure play styles differ and thats ok, but you starting points are way off from this game.. Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

I dont play this game for zombies or survival....

I just noticed this statement:

facepalm.png

• Like 7

Removing the military loot from the south wouldnt stop people from killing fresh spawns. it just takes away the chance of a fresh spawn getting a decent weapon to defend himself with or kill people. lets remove all weapons and just have our fists and survival items! maybe then you people who think this game is a survival simulation game would be happy.

Sure play styles differ and thats ok, but you starting points are way off from this game..

In other words, it's okay for play styles to differ as long as they differ in ways and degrees that you're personally comfortable with.

The most important lesson you can learn about DayZ is that you don't get to tell people what the game is about. That's their choice and if you don't like their choice you can either avoid them or kill them. You're not going to convince them all to go play different games.

but rocket has maintained from the beginning that the primary source of threat and challenge in the game will be other players. It's a PvP military game with zombies and survival mechanics.

Im pretty sure no one's arguing this. But while he may have maintained that it's a PvP game, he's also maintained that it is a SURVIVAL game. You can't combine the fundamentals of a survival game with a quick paced no consequence deathmatch game, they're not compatible. So in order to keep with the basics of the original vision the deathmatchers need to understand that they are playing the game completely the wrong way, and they should not complain when their ability to continue their completely misguided playstyle is taken away from them. Either that, or they should remove the survival aspect, and destroy the original vision. Whatever.

Removing the military loot from the south wouldnt stop people from killing fresh spawns. it just takes away the chance of a fresh spawn getting a decent weapon to defend himself with or kill people. lets remove all weapons and just have our fists and survival items! maybe then you people who think this game is a survival simulation game would be happy.

zzzz.

Edited by -j3bbah

The most important lesson you can learn about DayZ is that you don't get to tell people what the game is about.

You or me don't, but the devs do. if they remove all weapons from the game, people will not be shooting each other anymore, if they give us a laser gun to start with.... You see where I'm going with this. PvP in general is good for the game. That's not at all what this thread is about though.

• Like 1