Sign in to follow this  
OfficerFriendly (DayZ)

Mikhail Kalashnikov has died... add an AK variant in his memory.

I'm really hoping that more weapons (including the AK-74) are coming soon anyway. The game lacks variety right now.

• Like 6

^^^

this

The Mosin, M4 and the handgun that I can't remember are all the firearms I've found.

AK-47, M16, double barreled shotguns, single barreled shotguns, .22s, M1 carbines, M1 Garand, SKS, Skorpion....

^^^

this

The Mosin, M4 and the handgun that I can't remember are all the firearms I've found.

AK-47, M16, double barreled shotguns, single barreled shotguns, .22s, M1 carbines, M1 Garand, SKS, Skorpion....

really? M1 carbines and garands we dont live in murica you know you can hardly find any western block weapons yet alone ancient ww2 era guns. So thats a nono from me. Maybe add nagant revolvers ppsh and pps42 and yes. Kalashnikovs! Surely there can be some us made weapons but they better be rare because they mostly were usedd as sport guns. Eu made weaponry in other hand should be pretty common.

I want a nuke in a suitcase and just casually walk into Cherno with it  :(

Mikhail said he wished he never invented the AK.

“I am proud of my weapon but I am sad that terrorists use it,” he told the Russian online publication newsru.com in 2009. “I wish I had invented a machine which people could use, which could do good for farmers — for example, a sowing machine.”

A man does what a man does. Kalashnikov designed his weapon to defend his country. He’s not responsible for what happened to it later, to the deadly purposes for which it’s been used.

Did you know he actually wanted to be a carpenter for his dream job?

really? M1 carbines and garands we dont live in murica you know you can hardly find any western block weapons yet alone ancient ww2 era guns. So thats a nono from me. Maybe add nagant revolvers ppsh and pps42 and yes. Kalashnikovs! Surely there can be some us made weapons but they better be rare because they mostly were usedd as sport guns. Eu made weaponry in other hand should be pretty common.

This!

Maybe the odd Belgian Browning or Czech BRNO rifle and other Warsaw Pact AK variants.

Hello there

Im not sure adding a weapon is a fitting tribute to a mans life, but then again im a bleeding heart liberal type of guy.

Regardless, AK variant are sure to be included, recent passing or no.

Rgds

LoK

^^^

this

They already have a double-barrel (not implemented yet, although I hope there will be more than one double-barrel)

Also, I find it very unlikely a Garand or M1 Carbine would actually appear there. MAYBE an M1 Carbine, as those existed for a long time after WW2, but I'm not sure. Also, single-barreled shotguns are not very common, anywhere.

There needs to be the legendary Kalash in the game. We just need to wait for it to come to us! There should be some decent civilian weapons added too like a 12 guage mossberg 500 hunting shotgun, A Ruger 10/22, and a Ruger Mk. II pistol. There should be some Russian civilian guns as well! I feel like finding an AK would be pure gold! Although I do love my Mosin (both in game and in real life!)

Hello there

Im not sure adding a weapon is a fitting tribute to a mans life, but then again im a bleeding heart liberal type of guy.

Regardless, AK variant are sure to be included, recent passing or no.

Rgds

LoK

ZOMG a liberal playing a violent game what would barrack saddam hussain obama binladen think about that?

May his soul rest in peace.

Sure there are many many lovely people up/down there willing to thank him for his work.

really? M1 carbines and garands we dont live in murica you know you can hardly find any western block weapons yet alone ancient ww2 era guns. So thats a nono from me.

If you can suspend disbelief long enough to accept that weapons are just lying around on the ground years after a terrible disaster, then is it really such a stretch to believe that some of those weapons might be geographically inappropriate?

If you want realism, you're going to be fighting with rocks and sharpened sticks.

• Like 1

If you can suspend disbelief long enough to accept that weapons are just lying around on the ground years after a terrible disaster, then is it really such a stretch to believe that some of those weapons might be geographically inappropriate?

In this case it is a stretch. Garands... Garands... just no.

RIP.  AK is a symbol of freedom, liberation, nationhood and self-determination for many nations around the world. Time after time it was used to free the native lands of  American and European colonizers. 

I hope the in-game AK model will be of the highest quality.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

Pop Quiz:

Which country has an AK on its flag?

Mozambique, what do I win? :P

X8g2QfZ.gif

It appears that they like Books, AK's (with bayonet attachment) and Farming equipment, and one of China's stars.   Well fuck me 0.o

Edited by Aussie Bogan