ev0ls0ul

Admin Abuse on a few servers.

Myst I challenge you to try just a wee bit of due diligence along the course of sleuthing before you open your mouth again. 

FACT: Admins renting servers from Gameservers, Vilayer, MPGS, etc etc... have extremely limited options such as set server time (gamebreaking,) the ability to set MOTD (farking HAX,) and kick (god mode,) among a few other very simplistic options.

FACT: What game are you playing that your seeing massacres by god mode admins running around in elite iridium coated gear? Oh yeah, your NOT!

FACT: There are no teleporting admins.

FACT: You are 100% correct, nobody is forcing me to do anything such as renting a server for your enjoyment, or anything else in life for that matter. I have choices that I make based on logic and research.

however...

Whereas nobody has forced me to do anything against my will such as renting a server on the public hive of DayZ Standalone Alpha release so I can witness the hypocrisy of finger pointers, I am forcing you to do something, a little research on the topic your going to throw your convoluted,  whiny,  accusatory two cents at before you click post next time.

badabing...

Read my post before you start spewing nonsense and try to insult me kid. Read my post. Admins use their own servers to get gear then go on other servers to use that gear. Please show me where I mentioned that admins were using "godmode" to massacre players? You read the words on the screen, but I believe you only see what you want to see.

Only one of your so-called "FACT"s is actually a fact. (Underlined so you won't bust a blood vessle trying to figure out which one.) But it is a pointless fact seeing as how I never said any admin was running around in godmode or whatever invincible gear you invisioned since you obviously have literacy issues.

The first "FACT" is arguable, you don't know what people can manage to do with their servers. You failed to mention they have the ability to restart the server btw. They can restart the server at any time, kick anyone who joins, enjoy risk free military loot, win, etc.

Third "FACT"  is not true because even if it is impossible for a server admin to teleport via server commands/exploits, they can just use hacks and teleport worry free. Their only worry is VAC banning them since they can just kick everyone else as soon as they join. An admin is likely not to ban themselves for hacking.

Fourth "FACT" is not true because you are not basing your arguements on logic and research, you are basing them on your own myopic opinion.

And then you proceed to be immature and state another one of your "convulted, whiny, accusatory" opinions. (Nice choice of words btw, they describe what you posted quite accurately.)

Edited by MystoganXIX

The behaviour of some users in this topic is unacceptable. The topic shall be locked temporarily whilst I go through the posts.

Right. A few users have been warned for their behaviour whilst others are on the verge of being so. The topic was fine until the following two posts came along, consecutively:

Rant on,

Hey crybabies that whine about PUBLIC being PUBLIC, go get a job that can afford you paying for your own server if you do not like it. I have a server and I do not jump servers to grief I just like being left alone to explore the content without some douchbag like you yelling in voice chat or griefing in some other way. As far as "omfg they are gearing up" anything you need can be gotten in 5 minutes at any military camp rest is just gravy, not game breaking.

Stop your crying, there is no crying in DayZ. They should have implemented pass-worded servers from jump but I get why they didn't, its for development, not so I have to deal with you. That will be fixed in the future, till then I will kick if you need to be kicked. (Ive been kicked myself from servers and banned from mod servers for playing as a bandit, shit happens I moved on!)

Here's a nifty example for the community, I go to public places to eat all the time, and I don't ask douchebags to sit at my table. Id love to see you try sitting at my table and tell me its a public place, cuz this asshole would show you what private space means real fast. Especially when I am footing the bill!

People are entitled to their opinions of what constitutes abuse, I don't jump servers I like being left alone is all. If the server says go away I don't want you here and you go anyway, you are the fool.

Regards,

Admin on a server that does not tolerate children.

P.S.

As far as abuse in the mod, I played on many EPOCH servers and had a GREAT time and rarely dealt with abuse, griefing hell yes but not abuse. 

One poser (poster) mentioned nobody is forcing me to rent a server, what kind of argument is that? Where is the logic? I rent a server so I can have more control of my game time. Do I want it to always be dark? Maybe. How about I add more vehicle spawns, ok. My choices not yours, just at the moment I do not have them. I accept that, but I do not accept a kid like Woodland calling me an abuser of services. In the world I come from if someone does not want me somewhere and I choose to go, I know deep down I am looking for static. As this thread is full of those same people that cry foul when the food stamp money ran out because I decided to stop paying taxes so the administration can waste my hard earned money on useless leeches.

Aptitude test for server admins eh? to that poster, I have a better idea, I can post a link to a 1000 question IQ test and then we can paste the results back here, perhaps then you will see why choosing school would have worked better for you then choosing weed.

P.S.S.

Btw, the server is aptly named TESTING. I have and will continue to send bug reports I find as I "abuse" what I am paying for. If you want a polished gaming experience wait till launch and go away kiddies, you are not helping the game progress at all. Anything you are crying about now will all be resolved when Bohemia decides it is launch time.

Rant off...   Goodnight ladies

Whining arsed tit babies. Who gives a dam anyway if they kick you ? I don't. I don't care if they kick me. Wtf?! Yeah they pay for these servers. Don't like it move on or keep whining and making these childish blacklists till there are no servers left at all. All this over an slow paced occasional FPS that has almost jack to do with zombies. Good lord get over yourself evol

Not acceptable, ladies and gentlemen. If the behaviour continues to be of an inappropriate nature, the topic will be locked again and it shall remain locked. Should anyone not have read and understood the rules and guidelines, or need to read/understand them again, they can be found here.

I do hope I have made myself clear.

Unlocked.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Since I'm not sure where to report this (Server doesn't have any "Fragnet.net or gameservers.com" in it. I hope maybe I can get some guidance here, or maybe OP can add this server to the list

Name: (Public/3PP:ON) - 113953 DayZ (Public/Veteran) - [DAOS] ONLY
IP: 195.122.134.186:2302

Link to Server on Gametracker: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/195.122.134.186:2302/

Anyone that can guide me to where I report this? I can't figure out who is hosting the server if its gameservers or fragnet etc.

the last few servers I've reported that didnt have a tag for any of the hosting sites I just submitted to all of the server hosting companies emails. 

Since I'm not sure where to report this (Server doesn't have any "Fragnet.net or gameservers.com" in it. I hope maybe I can get some guidance here, or maybe OP can add this server to the list

Name: (Public/3PP:ON) - 113953 DayZ (Public/Veteran) - [DAOS] ONLY
IP: 195.122.134.186:2302

Link to Server on Gametracker: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/195.122.134.186:2302/

Anyone that can guide me to where I report this? I can't figure out who is hosting the server if its gameservers or fragnet etc.

the last few servers I've reported that didnt have a tag for any of the hosting sites I just submitted to all of the server hosting companies emails. 

Good, that's one of the two ways to do it. It's all explained in this sticky that people seem to avoid like the plague.

Good, that's one of the two ways to do it. It's all explained in this sticky that people seem to avoid like the plague.

I did read it first, but since I didn't see any "Hosted by" I was unsure of what to do

what a dog acted how about you run and tell a cop y u are there bi-tc-h

ev0ls0ul

there the fuckin admin of that server let them f-uc-kin kick they pay for that shit fucken whiselblower  fuck every cunt that sticks up for this dog b-itc-h with his sh-it as post.

its you cants that made me throw my Dayz SA server away limiting every think we can do you fuck head so hackers can run s-hit in servers so clans cant just have fun in peace with locking the server. 

i never wanted to have the server files i just wanted to kicked and lock and restart my server but no you cant ever restart it let alone kick coz off big mouth baby f-uc-kes like

ev0ls0ul

[2 day suspension]

Edited by Inception.
Nope

ev0ls0ul

there the fuckin admin of that server let them f-uc-kin kick they pay for that shit fucken whiselblower  fuck every cunt that sticks up for this dog b-itc-h with his sh-it as post.

its you cants that made me throw my Dayz SA server away limiting every think we can do you fuck head so hackers can run s-hit in servers so clans cant just have fun in peace with locking the server. 

i never wanted to have the server files i just wanted to kicked and lock and restart my server but no you cant ever restart it let alone kick coz off big mouth baby f-uc-kes like

ev0ls0ul

Hahahahahahaha someone just wasted $70+ on a server that just got blacklisted.

Return to the place you belong, troll. That money could have been used to repaint your bridge.

Follow these rules next time:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Edited by MystoganXIX
  • Like 1

ev0ls0ul

ev0ls0ul

[2 day suspension]

I'm not sure what he was trying to tell me, or even If i want to know. But if people act like that they really do not need to use their parents credit cards to buy servers and ruin the game for everyone else.

Edited by ev0ls0ul

Just got to laugh if people are really throwing away money on servers solely to get gear which will be regularly wiped anyway, you can spend 20 minutes looting the right places and get geared enough to pvp anyway. Let them waste their money, who cares.

• Like 1

Just got to laugh if people are really throwing away money on servers solely to get gear which will be regularly wiped anyway, you can spend 20 minutes looting the right places and get geared enough to pvp anyway. Let them waste their money, who cares.

EXACTLY my point! I dont rent a server for gear I rent it for fun and to have more control then just being a player. I have built one too many huge bases in epoch to have server stop paying the bill. 

Which is why i laugh at the guys here who cry cheat and gear continuously. I can easily get geared on any server, right place or right time. I have and can again kill a fully geared guy with an axe, whoopeee!

But give me the ability to make it whatever time I please or to create events and lock it down (when private is available) for me and my buddies to have our own war games and im having fun in my book.

• Like 1

pff i pay 60 euros a month to gameservers for my own server. I aim to make it private as soon as allowed to build something away from the KOS mentality. until then, I play on my server and sometimes prior to logging on change the hour of day to fit my mood.

20+ other gamers notice a restart and a change of day/night. Oh and a reset of loot and zombies. Big whoop. They log on, noone forces them, nobody gets kicked.

guess what gameservers will do about it, not take my 60 euros but instead take your beans? Yeah, me neither.

• Like 1

your wrong inception. earth monster post is perfectly fine.

as for the other your right.

but i chock that up up your age and is whats wrong with these moderators here.

remember this for the free loaders or the Dev's, without people or clans renting these servers, you are nothing.

It is a privledge to play on someone else's server that they rent not a right!!! Yes it s public hive funded by the very people who buy the game or rent the servers or spend thousands of hours coding.

I would bet dollars to donuts that everyone here ranting how bad admins are, are between the ages of 12 - 21. act their age mommy, tommy looked at me wrong, daddy mommy i need this.

temper tantrums is all i see from most of this posters.

Maybe if all of us server owners(renters) should all cancell our servers and support Rust, 7 days to die, Infestation. Perfect example is BF4 and how they took over to be the best FPS because COD decided to make servers public only. Wake up Dev's there are new games here and coming that give more control to those who spend money to make game better.

another example is origins

Rocket you came up with a great idea but don't let the punks destroy it.

your wrong inception. earth monster post is perfectly fine.

as for the other your right.

but i chock that up up your age and is whats wrong with these moderators here.

remember this for the free loaders or the Dev's, without people or clans renting these servers, you are nothing.

It is a privledge to play on someone else's server that they rent not a right!!! Yes it s public hive funded by the very people who buy the game or rent the servers or spend thousands of hours coding.

I would bet dollars to donuts that everyone here ranting how bad admins are, are between the ages of 12 - 21. act their age mommy, tommy looked at me wrong, daddy mommy i need this.

temper tantrums is all i see from most of this posters.

Maybe if all of us server owners(renters) should all cancell our servers and support Rust, 7 days to die, Infestation. Perfect example is BF4 and how they took over to be the best FPS because COD decided to make servers public only. Wake up Dev's there are new games here and coming that give more control to those who spend money to make game better.

another example is origins

Rocket you came up with a great idea but don't let the punks destroy it.

You may be paying for the server and have ownership but you agreed to the rules when you decided to run a PUBLIC server. What is so hard to understand about that?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Read them. It doesn't matter if you think it is fair or not, you agreed to it when you went public. As long as your server is public, players DO have a right to play on it without having to suffer abuse which will modify their public hive data.

You may choose to stop paying for your server at any time. You're not going to convince all the other server admins to do the same thing though... Probably because a lot of them actually want to play the game publicly and not "Rule my server with an IRON FIST!".

This game will have private servers, so I don't understand what you're so pissy about. It is currently in Alpha, you need to wait if you want your private server so you can kick/ban anyone that shoots you without worry of being blacklisted.

• Like 1

pff i pay 60 euros a month to gameservers for my own server. I aim to make it private as soon as allowed to build something away from the KOS mentality. until then, I play on my server and sometimes prior to logging on change the hour of day to fit my mood.

20+ other gamers notice a restart and a change of day/night. Oh and a reset of loot and zombies. Big whoop. They log on, noone forces them, nobody gets kicked.

guess what gameservers will do about it, not take my 60 euros but instead take your beans? Yeah, me neither.

They can actually just keep your money as you are breaking rules. But I think must of you (in general) will just try to refund it with paypal or whatever stuff.

They can actually just keep your money as you are breaking rules. But I think must of you (in general) will just try to refund it with paypal or whatever stuff.

There are no refunds in play, there are no contracts on most (in any case my so I imagine the competition isn't far behind/ahead). BTW is there need for full disclosure here? (your profile seems to hint at involvement with a competing game server provider?). In any case, it's moot. No company will stop taking my money and will not block any server-side options you have as an admin, because they are part of the package. If that bothers some in the community, then the devs should take out time of day settings, ability to restart a server. See how long that lasts.

Just want to say to all the people complaining that admins are simply doing it for the ability to find loot and join other servers - I can point out atleast 10 servers at the moment that have 0/40 that I can do the same thing without spending a dime. And as for all of you saying that these people don't "Own" servers, they "Rent" them. You don't "Own" DayZ seeing as there are no physical copies.

I'm sure there is at least one in ten admins who may "Abuse", but I'd rather people have the ability to kick/ban other players than to see

This - And be told "It's against the rules" to deal with them.

Edited by AllDayZSimon

I hate to see this happening. I personally think it was a bigger problem in the mod than hacking. 

I played on a server for a couple weeks at one point amassing gear and building a camp, only to realize that the "admin" and his friends had quarantined all of the good gear and wouldn't let anyone near it. I got my hands on a chopper once and they rolled the friggen' server back because they didn't think it was "safe" for non members to have choppers. 

That's when I found DIS gaming. Smith is great. Can't wait until he's able to host a DayZ server. Here's the site. http://disgamingcommunity.enjin.com/home

Back to my point. I've already been kicked a few times after the message "John Doe would like to become admin" or some shit. Does anyone know what this is? 

I thought that the servers were all supposed to be official Valve servers. Do they just get random 15 year olds to admin on these things or what? 

EDIT: I understand that a lot of people dedicate their time and dollars to hosting servers. I want to sincerely thank all those that do it in a legitimate fashion. 

Edited by DrGonzo

There are no refunds in play, there are no contracts on most (in any case my so I imagine the competition isn't far behind/ahead). BTW is there need for full disclosure here? (your profile seems to hint at involvement with a competing game server provider?). In any case, it's moot. No company will stop taking my money and will not block any server-side options you have as an admin, because they are part of the package. If that bothers some in the community, then the devs should take out time of day settings, ability to restart a server. See how long that lasts.

You don't need a contract, you can just check the legal part on their website and this counts as informing you about the rules.

EDIT: I understand that a lot of people dedicate their time and dollars to hosting servers. I want to sincerely thank all those that do it in a legitimate fashion. 

^Pretty much this!

And about the John Doe part, its a trick to get admin powers by getting voted to the admin rank and then he just clears the servers.

• Like 1

Would be nice if some of these servers could be blacklisted and disconnected from the public hive.

On Reddit someone actually claimed to have come across a "PVP = BAN" server.

theres several No PVP servers actually. I think they just recommend it and encourage people to be friendly. Its because of all the KOS assholes. and theres no kill messages for admins so they wouldn't know who to kick. Me and a friend were fired upon by a sniper on a so called no pvp server. Its just less KOS than usual Day Z. Nothing to cry about, and let them do as they wish is my opinion. They paid the rent for the server.

Edited by AgentNe0

176.57.142.101:2302   bambi rescue squad  axe cop (server owner)    frodo abused powers blew peoples bases up    reported it to axe cop server owner he said frodo is only admin they got so no action will be taken. wot  a joke.

Wrong section I believe as Standalone doesn't have bases build by people.

Who cares honestly lol there are hundreds of servers

• Like 1

Would be nice if some of these servers could be blacklisted and disconnected from the public hive.

On Reddit someone actually claimed to have come across a "PVP = BAN" server.

Oh it is there I have seen it, sometimes I join and PVP just because they are trying to do something that should not be legally applied on the Public hive.

Oh it is there I have seen it, sometimes I join and PVP just because they are trying to do something that should not be legally applied on the Public hive.

Same here, first thing I did was setting up a sniper spot and shoot down people in Cherno just because of the PvP = Ban message.

You may be paying for the server and have ownership but you agreed to the rules when you decided to run a PUBLIC server. What is so hard to understand about that?

Read them. It doesn't matter if you think it is fair or not, you agreed to it when you went public. As long as your server is public, players DO have a right to play on it without having to suffer abuse which will modify their public hive data.

You may choose to stop paying for your server at any time. You're not going to convince all the other server admins to do the same thing though... Probably because a lot of them actually want to play the game publicly and not "Rule my server with an IRON FIST!".

This game will have private servers, so I don't understand what you're so pissy about. It is currently in Alpha, you need to wait if you want your private server so you can kick/ban anyone that shoots you without worry of being blacklisted.

Couldn't say it better myself, take my beans mate!