ev0ls0ul

Admin Abuse on a few servers.

to the people that say the reason private hives became popular because they could do anything they wanted with it is mostly a lie, they became popular because of hackers, private hives allowed the admin to monitor their servers better and allowed them to clearly see who was hacking and who was not. I hate admins that used private hives to create "admins areas", spawn loot & cars, it ruined the whole experience. In my opinion for private hives, the admin should have NO database access. but it would be close to impossible to do such a thing.

You my little boy are an idiot. READ WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING! Use the dim witted inbred brain mommy and her brother gave you for a change. 

Why should I NOT be allowed to kick people like you from a server I pay 1/10 your mortgage a month for? And the fact you thought it ruined the MOD admins doing things like spawning loot for someone, then GO TO ANOTHER SERVER! I played epoch for months and had a fucking blast and was never an admin. To be able to host events by giving away whatever I choose or to spawn in supplies to sit and build a huge base on a server is why I pay! 

I do NOT need to cheat in this or any game to outwit and kill stupid people, why? Because as in life, I use what my ancestors gave me, brains and survival tactics. I can afford to host your silly public server until it goes private because I work hard in real life, blow me if you think I need to cheat to easily outsmart and kill (then teabag) guys like you that continuously cry foul. Shit even if it was your server and I killed you you would then call me a hacker. GET A SPINE BRO!  

Rant off...

P.S.

Funny ya know what I am doing right now as I write this? Playing Epoch. Why? It has a huge amount of content that hopefully the SA implements. I am not even playing on the server I am paying for but I do it anyway. Why? Because I SUPPORT this game fully and I want it to succeed! If Bohemia rented servers I would gladly switch and rent from them so they can use my money to pay staff to keep the game solely owned and still bring it to the level it deserves to be coded to. 

And guess what I am not doing right now? Biting the fucking hand that feeds me. Jackass...

[user Warned - Inception.]

Edited by Inception.
Abusive behaviour.
  • Like 1

such flame for an early alpha...

This, is what killed the dayz mod.. endless argueing and bickering about tedious things that don't even matter (at this time).

It is clear there is an issue about exploitation of public hive servers and there were/are rules in place to try to prevent people from gaining an advantage on other servers by having their own. I garuntee you dean and friends know about this and have/are/will think about this a lot as it is pretty core to their vision of dayz.

Private hives will come, and dean and friends will surely come up with some hard coded solutions and some acceptable rules to keep the public hive a fair place to play.

Just... patience... damn

Maybe think of some solutions or ideas to the problem

Its an alpha, and we're going to get wiped a thousand times over before release comes. What does admin abuse honestly matter at this point?

are you totally retarded?

admin abuse is just that abuse of their supposed power.

at a point where private hives are not in the game, all servers are open public servers..having your own server means you can kit up and server hop without any worry about getting killed..totally wrong.

want to kit up pretty easy?  find a server with only a few people in it.

Abuse or not abuse...?

Meh... click...click...[plays on different server]

Essential Life lesson #137:  Arguing about personal preference is a complete waste of time and energy. 

You are welcome.

Stop crying like bitches, just move to a new server, it really does not hurt you to move if you do not agree with how the admin runs there server, INFACT why don't you crybabies pay a monthly cost of 60.00+ for a server yourself, and be that heavenly admin that you so demand? I bet over 250k you will bitch after a few days because you have 0 rights to something you pay more to than some utility bills.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

It is really not admin abuse it is just that they can't add passwords to their servers yet so they do this instead.

It is infact admin abuse and I think the issue here is more kids doing this need to be dealt with instantly and substantially as soon as it is confirmed. The devs can never allow this and it needs to be dealt with throughout the life of the game. I think any idiot who hosts a server for standalone and thinks they can do anything other than manage the game needs to be instantly banned. Before private hives this got really out of hand on the mod and people would buy servers just to abuse them.

• Like 1

Such rules would annoy admins even more, paying enough at around 60.00 a month for a server you cant control. Adding even more rules to start spying on the admins who pay to run these servers would ultimately kill DayZ as nobody would be willing to host any servers.

You should be banned just for saying this. 

Rant on,

Hey crybabies that whine about PUBLIC being PUBLIC, go get a job that can afford you paying for your own server if you do not like it. I have a server and I do not jump servers to grief I just like being left alone to explore the content without some douchbag like you yelling in voice chat or griefing in some other way. As far as "omfg they are gearing up" anything you need can be gotten in 5 minutes at any military camp rest is just gravy, not game breaking.

Stop your crying, there is no crying in DayZ. They should have implemented pass-worded servers from jump but I get why they didn't, its for development, not so I have to deal with you. That will be fixed in the future, till then I will kick if you need to be kicked. (Ive been kicked myself from servers and banned from mod servers for playing as a bandit, shit happens I moved on!)

Here's a nifty example for the community, I go to public places to eat all the time, and I don't ask douchebags to sit at my table. Id love to see you try sitting at my table and tell me its a public place, cuz this asshole would show you what private space means real fast. Especially when I am footing the bill!

People are entitled to their opinions of what constitutes abuse, I don't jump servers I like being left alone is all. If the server says go away I don't want you here and you go anyway, you are the fool.

Regards,

Admin on a server that does not tolerate children.

P.S.

As far as abuse in the mod, I played on many EPOCH servers and had a GREAT time and rarely dealt with abuse, griefing hell yes but not abuse. 

One poser (poster) mentioned nobody is forcing me to rent a server, what kind of argument is that? Where is the logic? I rent a server so I can have more control of my game time. Do I want it to always be dark? Maybe. How about I add more vehicle spawns, ok. My choices not yours, just at the moment I do not have them. I accept that, but I do not accept a kid like Woodland calling me an abuser of services. In the world I come from if someone does not want me somewhere and I choose to go, I know deep down I am looking for static. As this thread is full of those same people that cry foul when the food stamp money ran out because I decided to stop paying taxes so the administration can waste my hard earned money on useless leeches.

Aptitude test for server admins eh? to that poster, I have a better idea, I can post a link to a 1000 question IQ test and then we can paste the results back here, perhaps then you will see why choosing school would have worked better for you then choosing weed.

P.S.S.

Btw, the server is aptly named TESTING. I have and will continue to send bug reports I find as I "abuse" what I am paying for. If you want a polished gaming experience wait till launch and go away kiddies, you are not helping the game progress at all. Anything you are crying about now will all be resolved when Bohemia decides it is launch time.

Rant off...   Goodnight ladies

You miss the point completely, little kids who want to basically lock servers so they can't be killed is and should not be allowed. You Mad?

I think most of you forget if people continue this they will do it later in the game aswell and the more it get accepted the more people will do it. Like in DayZ mod at the start, you kill someone and you get booted of the server straight away or you get killed by his mate and still get booted of the server. You cant see game kills ingame atm but what if they would add this agian? Same shit all over agian.

You miss the point completely, little kids who want to basically lock servers so they can't be killed is and should not be allowed. You Mad?

If it is private and they never die, what business is it of yours? youtroll?

Idd, if it would be a private server there wouldn't be a problem.

You should be banned just for saying this. 

I think you need to be banned for such a terrible response that made no sense.

adminvsuser.gif +1

Edited by Xelpherpolis
  • Like 1

yea. those admins try to lock their server to gear up and visit other servers. i would blacklist them and take their server rights away.

I'm sorry. I'm new here, and probably don't have the credit to my name to actually argue with any of you fine people, but: "Goddamn, dude, really?"

I can see the OPs point, and agree that renting != owning. But honestly, I agree with GaelicWarlord's post at the bottom of page one of this thread.

Now, before the lynch mob starts calling for blood, please hear me out.

I REALLY do see (and endorse) the "Renting is not owning". I lease an apartment. I rented it, rather. I do not actually own it - I have a LOT of rights. But I can't just come in here and start pissing on the walls or repaint the place aside from agreed upon rooms. I can't play super loud noise (lol Global mic) so that my hard-working neighbors can hear it at 0200 AM. Seriously, I understand - the Landlord has rules and laws (just like the companies these abusive admins are renting servers from).

But considering the stage of this project, I really think a call for action like that is completely over the top. Banning any admin just for this sort of "Abuse" is extreme, and should never be the first, much less immediate response.

Even the "I pay for my own server so blah blah blah" argument has some credibility, and it is WAY too early to start a banning epidemic. Private file capability will undoubtedly solve most of this problem, but when playing the Beta public hive was just more fun. You know, when every room was not password locked and closed up to these elite groups of stuck-up gamers.

I think we should just continue to archive which admins and servers are suspect, maybe inform said admins that what they are doing is against the rules they agreed to, and - for now - cool this angry mob mentality.

It's in the terms and conditions when you rent a server that you won't password it...look at the sticky on in this forum section for what they can't do:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-dayz-standalone-server-hosting-rules-server-reporting/

Also has all the information required to report servers breaking the rules

Edited by Timmymachine109

Rocket wrotes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1lmszw/question_about_the_dayz_standalone_server/

...... The server files will be released to all upon launch .....

so please, give us the server files.

there a lot peoples who have the knowHow to build private hive and who can test the server engine for a better dayz..

• Like 1

A funny point to this private versus public thing that the people (the little people,) keep dramatizing. I have been playing on my server and so funny to engage someone at an airbase only to chase the guy around a corner and POOF hes gone. So whats happening there is worse then what the people crying foul about looting then server hopping as an admin. (which i do not condone which is why i want to go private)

But for all you kids that say ban an admin for kicking you, I GUARANTEEEEEE you lot are the  guys that combat log when taking fire. Keep it public like this and when private hive is finally available and admins are making some fine ass scripts your gonna be alone server hopping to find the other server hoppers only to find said server hop get fired upon then hop again. I will be making a solid server in the meantime where when you get shot, you aint hoppin nowhere except to the coast. As well as actually seeing some of the same faces unlike what i see now, a constant flip flop of new connects.

But meh, lets ban them too eh? Fuck it ban everyone till its only you whiners left so you can then call each other hackers, (cuz no WAY you could ever die, or anyone else could have loot unless they hacked to get it.)

ANy adult that has read this thread has had to had a sense of foreboding of what the world is turning out these days as far as well adjusted and sensible children. We are all fucked people! These high school dropouts deserve 75k a year cuz mommy said so!

You get what I am sayin?

• Like 2

It's still abuse and they're still assholes; private servers aren't implemented, so they can fuck off. I'm sorry for the harshness, but seriously, they can just fuck off; public server means PUBLIC SERVER

I agree with you 100% 

If you think server admins should be able to do whatever they want and completely ignore the server rules for public servers that have they agreed to that were plainly put out by Rocket and the DayZ moderation, then I suggest you go to the feedback page:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com

And tell Rocket and the DayZ dev team that server admins should be able to do whatever they want and still play on the public server hive, because they paid for it.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Stop crying like bitches, just move to a new server, it really does not hurt you to move if you do not agree with how the admin runs there server, INFACT why don't you crybabies pay a monthly cost of 60.00+ for a server yourself, and be that heavenly admin that you so demand? I bet over 250k you will bitch after a few days because you have 0 rights to something you pay more to than some utility bills.

They're using the PUBLIC server hive. When they get their own damn hive, they can do what they well please with it. Why should they have the option to pay monthly to run a server only so they can cheat themselves all their items instantly then hop onto another server and massacre people? Even if they get killed themselves, they just go back on their own server, teleport their character, give themselves full gear again, and hop to another server..

Not to mention if other people are able to join their server, admin abuse may result in negative effects to that player. They're using the PUBLIC server hive, not the admin's private server hive, so the admin should have no ability to affect that player.

Nobody is forcing you to pay monthly to rent a server right now. The people that do must agree to the rules set in place since they are using the public server hive. If they want full control over their server and the right to do whatever they please (abuse) with it, they need to wait for private servers to be implemented.

• Like 1

If you think server admins should be able to do whatever they want and completely ignore the server rules for public servers that have they agreed to that were plainly put out by Rocket and the DayZ moderation, then I suggest you go to the feedback page:

And tell Rocket and the DayZ dev team that server admins should be able to do whatever they want and still play on the public server hive, because they paid for it.

^^^^^^^FACEPALM^^^^^^

Folks, this is what I am talking about how can anyone get a point across when the people that cry foul cannot even read. Who on these forums has passed any college courses for English? When did I EVER (check all my posts, try the search box, it is nifty,) say admins should be able to do WHATEVER they want? If you READ what you quoted using basic English comprehension then you would be able to decipher these words, here try a stab at them again, except this time get the doritos out ya mouth and stop yellin at your little sister and concentrate "if its PRIVATE (private!) and they never die... blah blah blah.) Precisely why having a discussion on this topic has become the special Olympics to me.

cha ching

Edited by earthmonster

They're using the PUBLIC server hive. When they get their own damn hive, they can do what they well please with it. Why should they have the option to pay monthly to run a server only so they can cheat themselves all their items instantly then hop onto another server and massacre people? Even if they get killed themselves, they just go back on their own server, teleport their character, give themselves full gear again, and hop to another server..

Not to mention if other people are able to join their server, admin abuse may result in negative effects to that player. They're using the PUBLIC server hive, not the admin's private server hive, so the admin should have no ability to affect that player.

Nobody is forcing you to pay monthly to rent a server right now. The people that do must agree to the rules set in place since they are using the public server hive. If they want full control over their server and the right to do whatever they please (abuse) with it, they need to wait for private servers to be implemented.

Myst I challenge you to try just a wee bit of due diligence along the course of sleuthing before you open your mouth again. 

FACT: Admins renting servers from Gameservers, Vilayer, MPGS, etc etc... have extremely limited options such as set server time (gamebreaking,) the ability to set MOTD (farking HAX,) and kick (god mode,) among a few other very simplistic options.

FACT: What game are you playing that your seeing massacres by god mode admins running around in elite iridium coated gear? Oh yeah, your NOT!

FACT: There are no teleporting admins.

FACT: You are 100% correct, nobody is forcing me to do anything such as renting a server for your enjoyment, or anything else in life for that matter. I have choices that I make based on logic and research.

however...

Whereas nobody has forced me to do anything against my will such as renting a server on the public hive of DayZ Standalone Alpha release so I can witness the hypocrisy of finger pointers, I am forcing you to do something, a little research on the topic your going to throw your convoluted,  whiny,  accusatory two cents at before you click post next time.

badabing...

Edited by earthmonster
  • Like 1

^^^^^^^FACEPALM^^^^^^

Folks, this is what I am talking about how can anyone get a point across when the people that cry foul cannot even read. Who on these forums has passed any college courses for English? When did I EVER (check all my posts, try the search box, it is nifty,) say admins should be able to do WHATEVER they want? If you READ what you quoted using basic English comprehension then you would be able to decipher these words, here try a stab at them again, except this time get the doritos out ya mouth and stop yellin at your little sister and concentrate "if its PRIVATE (private!) and they never die... blah blah blah.) Precisely why having a discussion on this topic has become the special Olympics to me.

cha ching

Okay, you didn't say "they can do whatever they want."  You said they should be able to lock public servers.

Citrus said, "You miss the point completely, little kids who want to basically lock servers so they can't be killed is and should not be allowed. You Mad?"

You replied, "If it is private and they never die, what business is it of yours? youtroll?"

There are NO PRIVATE SERVERS.  They are breaking the rules...not some rules I made up...not rules the forum made up...the rules they agreed to that were set by the DayZ team for operating a public server.

They are breaking those rules.  So your argument, is that those rules that apply to everyone else...should not apply to them.  They should be able to break them if they want, because they are paying to rent those servers.

To which my reply was, if you don't agree with the rules for public server operators that you should tell Rocket and the DayZ staff how you feel about it...here:

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

Okay, you didn't say "they can do whatever they want."  You said they should be able to lock public servers.

Citrus said, "You miss the point completely, little kids who want to basically lock servers so they can't be killed is and should not be allowed. You Mad?"

You replied, "If it is private and they never die, what business is it of yours? youtroll?"

There are NO PRIVATE SERVERS.  They are breaking the rules...not some rules I made up...not rules the forum made up...the rules they agreed to that were set by the DayZ team for operating a public server.

They are breaking those rules.  So your argument, is that those rules that apply to everyone else...should not apply to them.  They should be able to break them if they want, because they are paying to rent those servers.

To which my reply was, if you don't agree with the rules for public server operators that you should tell Rocket and the DayZ staff how you feel about it...here:

I am terribly sorry, I am still trying to find where I said they should be able to lock public servers.

I did say the rest, in the correct context of course. And by the way buddy your allowed to lock your server, albeit only for a few minutes. I have never locked mine though, actually I do not even know how through Vilayer.

SO do not quote me as arguing the point of being able to lock public servers, I simply never said this. I am fine with how things are at the moment, I have read all that applies to what I am looking to do as far as a server goes. If they keep their word it should not be much longer before I can go private and have a solid server running while I go on the public hive and bandit the bandits. If they renig then I will do as any paying customer should do, ask questions and get answers.

Clear?