Nyz01

People over exaggerate KOS so much.

0.o DERPY! Where did you spring from and where is your blue name gone? :(

I'm in hiding as always. Never too far away. I havn't worn the blue tags in quite a while. Just didn't have the time to commit unfortunately.

Axemurderparty, anyone? Doesn't fix. Just makes it more of a challenge.

Unarmed players run faster.

Edited by AP_Norris

Axemurderparty, anyone? Doesn't fix. Just makes it more of a challenge.

Making it more of a challenge is the point.

guns are too easy to find, i think it's because of this KoS is too exaggerated. And a lot of people are doing server hopping to get ammo and medicines.

Edited by MFratane

The expression is "knock on wood" .... Pervert.   :P

In the UK we say "touch wood". I guess it's a variation of the same thing though... xD

• Like 2

The expression is "knock on wood" .... Pervert.   :P

I absolutely lost it after reading this. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

Well, the handfull of people iv met with a M4(or anyone who had a firearm), killed me on sight. I was always unarmed... Im really hating the loot spawn as is now, cant defend yourself against them military kitted out mudafukers and their M4's. Gimme a god damn slingshot or something, how about a spud gun ?, fukn ridiculous.

this is a deathmatch game, if i see you befor you see me I will try and kill you befor you can hit that exit button, like wise I expect the same from everyone else.

In the UK we say "touch wood". I guess it's a variation of the same thing though... xD

Oh I see, here in the dirty U.S. touching wood is something else entirely...

What is there to do other than PvP? You can only loot the same generic houses so many times before it becomes a chore.

The fact is and will always be: People want your shit. 

That's it. 

When laws and civilization are crumbling around me, and I need to guarantee my/my party's safety? You're damn well right I am going to KoS.

Edited by Synystr

Oh I see, here in the dirty U.S. touching wood is something else entirely...

...And they say you're a nation of prudes.

People that complain about KOS are usually role-playing noobs.etc.

Those are this people who rolled on World of Warcraft PvP server becouse their friends played there or something and then come to forums complaining that they got ganked.

But DayZ has only PvP server... etc.

I hope you see my point.

Not all Roleplayers are noobs.  I KoS quite a bit, I also bandit it up in character... PVP focus, but RP... weird concept for some I guess, lol.  It's not "roleplaying noobs", it's "PVE carebears", get it right.

I would actually have to agree a little. I haven't been player killed yet... *touch wood*

Can you take your hand off my junk please?

17hrs of gameplay on russian and UK servers.  Every time i meet a player with more then a flashligt i was attaked. I dont know where you met friendly players. 

Just a 3 minutes ago i spawned, looted a bit, got backpack and pipe wrench, saw a guy attacked by 5-6  zombies. He seemed like a freshspawn, had not any military gear, but he had a pistol (and obviously not many ammo). I wanted  to help him to kill zombies, BUT THIS STUPID NUTS SHOOT ME FIRST spending his ammo on me. After that i heard zombies, hits, pain screams. I dont know if he managed to survive, but i hope he has been overwhelmed by zombies. 

So i think KoS problem presents now, and i'm afraid even if zombies become more dangerous and ammo and firearms more rare it will take long, before paranoid reflex to KoS fade in most player's mind.

Edited by zverochert
  • Like 2

I found alot of friendlies when I first started. Now everyone I meet shoots me or hits me to death when I have nothing. Well, Rocket, your little degredation scheme doesn't work

• Like 1

Just a 3 minutes ago i spawned, looted a bit, got backpack and pipe wrench, saw a guy attacked by 5-6  zombies. He seemed like a freshspawn, had not any military gear, but he had a pistol (and obviously not many ammo). I wanted  to help him to kill zombies, BUT THIS STUPID NUTS SHOOT ME FIRST spending his ammo on me. After that i heard zombies, hits, pain screams. I dont know if he managed to survive, but i hope he has been overwhelmed by zombies. 

So i think KoS problem presents now, and i'm afraid even if zombies become more dangerous and ammo and firearms more rare it will take long, before paranoid reflex to KoS fade in most player's mind.

take away our guns and we will just chase you with an axe, or wait till your in a room and axe you in there.

You startled the poor soul with your wrench. :(

Can you take your hand off my junk please?

HkR0R2w.gif

• Like 2

I found alot of friendlies when I first started. Now everyone I meet shoots me or hits me to death when I have nothing. Well, Rocket, your little degredation scheme doesn't work

Nothing was ever going to "work." At best it puts a twist on the situation and if I actually need something from a geared up player I might try to place a shot better. New content will also help, but I doubt we will ever be in a place where everyone wants to be friendly and deep down I bet most people do not want to play that game in the first place. Being afraid of death is what drives the suspense in this game, without bandits we are left with a fairly easy environment to overcome and that game gets boring quick. 

I really can't understand why there are so many people complaining about the level of KOS in the SA, the entire time I've been kos'ed about twice, out of 30 or so encounters. Maybe it's just the servers I play on, but I really think people are overstating the issue.

I'd really like to know how much gear were you carrying in these 30 encounters?   <_<

If you were had a gun, backpack or axe I would say most of us would have killed you on sight, and it would not have mattered how much you yelled out friendly.

90% of other players I meet I kill on sight, as that's currently the easiest and less frustrating way to play this game unfortunately.   

Hopefully the devs can come up with some clever gameplay mechanics to help discourage KoS, or else this game is going to get boring rather fast for most of us.   :emptycan:

A few tips for those who truly want to play friendly. 

1. This tip is the most important, never run up to someone shouting I am friendly. If you want to make contact do it from a position that is easy to retreat from and offers plenty of cover. 

2. Watch an area before entering. If you wait a minute before entering a town you might get a good idea of whether or not players are present and they might even tip you off to their intentions. If you see someone running around with a person stalking them you might be looking at a bandit stalking a survivor. 

3. Do not mindlessly help a person being chased by zombies if they are armed with a gun unless you follow tip number one. Zombies are not that difficult to kill and putting yourself in an exposed position to help is probably going to end in your death. 

4. Stop waving at people who are approaching with M4's, your best chance at survival is making it difficult to kill you. Many other players do not care if you are friendly or unarmed. 

5. If a player chases you 90%+ of the time they are going to kill you. If they tell you they are friendly they are most likely lying. Good news is a good percentage of people are bad shots and they run slower than you with a gun equipped. 

A few tips for those who truly want to play friendly. 

1. This tip is the most important, never run up to someone shouting I am friendly. If you want to make contact do it from a position that is easy to retreat from and offers plenty of cover. 

2. Watch an area before entering. If you wait a minute before entering a town you might get a good idea of whether or not players are present and they might even tip you off to their intentions. If you see someone running around with a person stalking them you might be looking at a bandit stalking a survivor. 

3. Do not mindlessly help a person being chased by zombies if they are armed with a gun unless you follow tip number one. Zombies are not that difficult to kill and putting yourself in an exposed position to help is probably going to end in your death. 

4. Stop waving at people who are approaching with M4's, your best chance at survival is making it difficult to kill you. Many other players do not care if you are friendly or unarmed. 

5. If a player chases you 90%+ of the time they are going to kill you. If they tell you they are friendly they are most likely lying. Good news is a good percentage of people are bad shots and they run slower than you with a gun equipped. 

Good advice... and if someone calls out they are friendly, shoot them, they are lying, you bastid Z jesus :P ;)

I don't know why Rocket and team are putting some much work into the "survival" aspect of this game. Lets be real its 1 hour tops of "survival" while gathering some weapons via server hopping. Then you spend the rest of your time playing FFA TDM like any other FPS/TPS shooter. Survial horror my arse.

Edited by DirtyLarry