venkman302

Have a Mosin and a PU Scope. Can I zoom the scope? How? What does bipod do?

Didn't equip a Mosin and PU scope yet.

But for the bipod, according to description, it greatly increase the accuracy when prone.

Open Inventory and right click bi-pod. Click Deploy bi-pod. 

When prone you are more steady. 

I have mine on my M4 have not found a mosin yet.

Edited by WastelandSamurai

Open Inventory and right click bi-pod. Click Deploy bi-pod. 

When prone you are more steady. 

I have mine on my M4 have not found a mosin yet.

Oooooh, that explains why i don't see the bipod legs when i go prone, i have to deploy it first. Is there any decrease in accuracy if it's deployed all the time?

Also, can i use the scope on an m4? I've seen some screenshots of people using it, but never managed to attach mine. Are there different scopes?

No, the PU scope is a WW2 era scope, it only fits the mosin. Drag it onto the mosin like the bipod :) Hope that helps

Oh that explains it then. I guess what i saw on the screenshots was a sight, and not a scope with a zoom in ability. Hard to tell because he wasn't aiming at the time

Hello everyone. Title says it all :) please help.

Thanks!

read the discription !!!

Oh that explains it then. I guess what i saw on the screenshots was a sight, and not a scope with a zoom in ability. Hard to tell because he wasn't aiming at the time

For the M4 you have a ACOG scope with x4 zoom

ok thanks everyone buuuuuuuuuuuuuut you didn't answer the part about "can I ZOOM my scope?"  Can you zoom any scopes and, if so, HOW do you zoom?

Thanks!!!

ok thanks everyone buuuuuuuuuuuuuut you didn't answer the part about "can I ZOOM my scope?"  Can you zoom any scopes and, if so, HOW do you zoom?

The scopes currently have incorrect magnifications; only 1.39x for the PU and 1.56x for the ACOG. That's why it feels like it isn't zooming.

• Like 3

No dude u didnt saw someone zoom in, he just had FOV to 0, if u do that the acog and the Sniper Scope is like x10 zoom . Test it u will see u can even zoom with rightclick like x3. 

Oh no, you misunderstood me. I just saw a screenshot of someone holding an m4 with the sight on, not while aiming and zooming it in. I found SOME kind of a scope which doesn't appear to fit on my m4 so i was confused.

My bad for not checking the loot tables and seing that there are multiple scopes in the game :)

just a friendly suggestion, if you hover over the items in the inventory it sais what they are and do.

notice the description of the PU scope says XX zoom, not xx-xx zoom. So common sense or googling would be very obvious that this scope has a fixed zoom.

Where as the hunting rifle scope's description says XX-XX zoom. This is an adjustable zoom scope.

why do people post this stuff on forums?? it makes me feel crazy.

the scope is fixed at "4". which means it's manufactured/fixed at 4 zoom. You can view objects 4 times closer than when seen with your unaided eye.

An adjustable scope will measure in 4-8 for example. The lens closest to your eye normally can be rotated to select which zoom (numbers 4-8) you want to see through.

the last number 4-8-40 for example, is the diameter (in mm) of the front lense. The larger it is, the more light enters and better field of view. A good sniper scope for example is 10-40-56 (can zoom 10x-40x with a 56mm diameter front lense). A front lense this size is very sexy, like watching an HD TV :D

Edited by BigCountry

The PU scope for the Mosin is basically just another sight at this point. The magnification is negligible if you ask me, but it does help me personally just because you can see more of what you're aiming at.

Don't expect to be sniping with it, it doesn't zoom anymore than it does while you're aiming down it. There is another scope out there I've yet to find apparently, that has good magnification for the Mosin.

just a friendly suggestion, if you hover over the items in the inventory it sais what they are and do.

notice the description of the PU scope says XX zoom, not xx-xx zoom. So common sense or googling would be very obvious that this scope has a fixed zoom.

Where as the hunting rifle scope's description says XX-XX zoom. This is an adjustable zoom scope.

why do people post this stuff on forums?? it makes me feel crazy.

I guess I can see why this makes you crazy, the same way it makes me crazy that people like you take EXTRA time to only point out how crazy it is to ask these questions.  Here is my take on why I asked

1 - This is a video game where sometimes, unlike the real world, googling actual scopes may not provide the IN GAME answer I'm looking for.  Perhaps I can zoom a bit with a scope that I will find later.  When you ask questions like this in the forums it starts a dialogue and people start to blab AND I LEARN FROM ALL OF IT.  Perhaps someone will say something like "no dude, they don't zoom at all . . . just loot the lockers in the military bases for the scopes and you will see that they don't zoom when you try them."  I would then go..."hmmm, well, he answered my question that they don't zoom but now I know something else.... maybe I should have been looking in the lockers."  lol, ya dig?

2 - Arma 2 which Day Z was "made around" is a weird older game.  Climbing ladders is a pain in the ass for those that aren't used to it.  Crouching and walking around, opening car doors and trunks, using your inventory etc gets glitchy as a moooooooooo fo.  So, it seems the fastest most direct way to get an answer in game is to ask people in the forums about in game.  

Sorry to make ya crazy my amigo...but this little bit of crazy just gathered many of us the answers to many questions in about 1 min worth of work putting up a post.

Thanks everyone. Focker out.

Edited for spelling. ***  

Edited by venkman302
  • Like 1

I've never found a Mosin so I really don't know the answer you're looking for. However, I don't see anyone here talking about the "long range scope". I'm almost 100% sure I've seen 1 or 2 before... I'v never picked them up simply because the Mosin is so rare.

Any info on the long range scope?

EDIT: Wiki says it is "zoomed to 200m and can be set to 800m" but the article is quit incomplete.

Word =D

I found this thread very informative since i've been curious about the bipods etc.

Maybe take some time off if questions on a forum makes one crazy =D

I guess I can see why this makes you crazy, the same way it makes me crazy that people like you take EXTRA time to only point out how crazy it is to ask these questions.  Here is my take on why I asked

1 - This is a video game where sometimes, unlike the real world, googling actual scopes may not provide the IN GAME answer I'm looking for.  Perhaps I can zoom a bit with a scope that I will find later.  When you ask questions like this in the forums it starts a dialogue and people start to blab AND I LEARN FROM ALL OF IT.  Perhaps someone will say something like "no dude, they don't zoom at all . . . just loot the lockers in the military bases for the scopes and you will see that they don't zoom when you try them."  I would then go..."hmmm, well, he answered my question that they don't zoom but now I know something else.... maybe I should have been looking in the lockers."  lol, ya dig?

2 - Arma 2 which Day Z was "made around" is a weird older game.  Climbing ladders is a pain in the ass for those that aren't used to it.  Crouching and walking around, opening car doors and trunks, using your inventory etc gets glitchy as a moooooooooo fo.  So, it seems the fastest most direct way to get an answer in game is to ask people in the forums about in game.  

Sorry to make ya crazy my amigo...but this little bit of crazy just gathered many of us the answers to many questions in about 1 min worth of work putting up a post.

Thanks everyone. Focker out.

Edited for spelling. ***