RespawnCake

POLL : Should DayZ be only 1st person or 1st + 3rd person view

Should DayZ be only 1st person or 1st+3rd person  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should DayZ be only 1st person or 1st+3rd person

• Only 1st person view
    • 1st person + 3rd person view

Having separate servers doesn't solve the flaws of 3dp.

Even on 3dp only servers, it isn't fair game. It's a one sided advantage. Man on roof sees man on ground, man on ground can't see man on roof.

Edited by thehet
  • Like 1

I think they should just give us the choice to set servers as wanted.

Having 3rd Person servers and first person only servers would solve the problem.

If you choose first person only, you wont have any other people on it that could "cheat" using third person. On the other hand, those who love third person would play with the same rules as others 3rd fans.

I don't understand why you are interested? There will be both 1st person only and/or 1st&3rd person servers.... Choose what you want and don't worry about the others, seems logical to me lol.

I personally like the third person view as I find first person is very spongy when moving and hard to navigate. If they have third+first and first person only servers then both camps are happy :)

Without 3rd person i wouldn't be able to see my beautiful shirt/pants/bag textures  :o

Edited by RespawnCake

Even on 3dp only servers, it isn't fair game. It's a one sided advantage. Man on roof sees man on ground, man on ground can't see man on roof.

dont play there then. problem solved. some people just like third person, whats your goddamn problem?

thehet, on 23 Dec 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

If you don't want to be able to use 3rd person and don't want others to do the same, just use a 1st person only server.  It's not like anyone would be twisting your leg to make you go onto a server where others can use 3rd person.

Not sure what "flaws" would still exist in that scenario.

Why did they remove the as50 then, why not make that a server side option?

If they can force that, they should force 1st person.

Yet to hear a fact about why it is better than 1st. All I hear are cries of

'I want to see my character'

'I get sick'

Edited by thehet

Both have a place in Dayz. I switch occasionally depending on the situation. 3rd person for the running simulator. 1st person for looting and firefights.

• Like 1

The problem is that it can be hard to find a populated first person server, because people tend to use the easier option. Also, some of us like 3rd person but also want it to be a bit less exploitable. A tighter camera angle would be a good start.