lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

For such a 'hardcore' game why do people defend 3rd person?

Simple some people just prefer that 3rd person feel when running around dayz, as where others don't..

It's a simple difference of opinions guys, not too much point in arguing over which one is better and why because it's all comes down to the individuals playing style. ;)

"Is the cup half full or half empty "

Edited by Aussie Bogan
  • Like 1

How so? Go grab a small mirror and crouch behind a window, now look outside and tell me how that doesn't closest resemble your third person 'cheating'?

This is really my only defense on using third person so if you can break it down and show me why that alone shouldn't allow third person then I've got no excuse.

They could add a mirror on a stick or a para-scope and a lot of people would be fine with it. Mainly because you can see the mirror and para-scope, and you have to hold it in your hands while using it, you can't sit there para-scoping around everything and while you hold a two handed weapon.

• Like 1

Jesus fucking Christ another of these retarded threads? Stop hating what I like. You'll have your dumb first person only servers soon enough. You can be a dick there without ruining the fun for others.

• Like 3

Playing in third person view is a much more pleasant experience and since DayZ is such a grind, people who play in third person view plays longer sessions, which is why third person servers are more active and filled with more players. As long as first person view is such an unpleasant and clunky experience, first person servers will constantly struggle with their population levels.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

I don't understand why no 1st personers don't respond to the mirror on a stick/gun argument from the 3rd personers....

actually it is a very good argument. you have my beans, and those berating you get empty cans! :beans: <--- for you

:emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: :emptycan: <--- for 'them'

• Like 2

At this point, I think removing 3rd person would be a bad thing for the dev team to do. So many people have gotten accustomed to it that removing it, would outrage a HUGE number(probably the majority) of players. On top of that, the few people who really don't give a shit (myself) would probably get mad simply because the dev team started forcing things on us. People don't like being told that they have absolutely no choice and that they have to do something a certain way, especially when its something that they had and got used to having. The other issue is, if they remove 3rd person a large chunk of their player base could likely go with it.

-Just typed that hole thing, then realized I wasn't logged in....thank you copy/paste 

Edited by Whatsausername

Jesus fucking Christ another of these retarded threads? Stop hating what I like. You'll have your dumb first person only servers soon enough. You can be a dick there without ruining the fun for others.

x2

Why hasn't this been merged with the already 15+ page whining-fest?  

Seriously -- it's the same people too? C'mon mods.

• Like 2

Because it's a stupid argument. The most important one being that I could see a mirror rather easily around corners that I was staring at.

This is the stupid argument because you're missing the whole story from where you came from to where I was and how you came to be staring at the one bush/wall/tree out of hundreds I happen to be behind.

For such a 'hardcore' game why do people defend 3rd person?

Simple some people just prefer that 3rd person feel when running around dayz, as where others don't..

It's a simple difference of opinions guys, not too much point in arguing over which one is better and why because it's all comes down to the individuals playing style. ;)

"Is the cup half full or half empty "

Dude, nobody actually dislikes using third person. Let's get that straight. Or at least, very few people dislike it to the point of where they won't ever use it. It's easier to see everything in third person. Everybody who plays DayZ has gotten used to running around in third person, because for most of us third person has always been an option.

The difference of opinion comes from people who think the game should be harder on the player, and then those who will fight to the death to keep this easy option. The thread questions why people want an easy option in such a hardcore game.

We're not trying to enforce our gameplay on you, we're trying to enforce it on everyone, including ourselves.

Ruining your fun and fixing the game arent the same thing.

Third person view is broken and needs to be removed that simple :)

Dude, nobody actually dislikes using third person. Let's get that straight. Or at least, very few people dislike it to the point of where they won't ever use it.

Many people would beg to differ with that statement ;)

Third person view is broken and needs to be removed that simple :)

see^^

This is the stupid argument because you're missing the whole story from where you came from to where I was and how you came to be staring at the one bush/wall/tree out of hundreds I happen to be behind.

Because you can create a scenario in which we might not be able to see the mirror, that means invisible handsfree para-scopes are okay? lol

Many people would beg to differ with that statement ;)

There's a big difference between using third person view, and it being in a multiplayer shooter.

Fuck dude, it's like you idiots try to be dumber and dumber in these debates, just to clutter the threads with bullshit nonsense.

I think, if the game had never supported third person to begin with, this wouldn't even be an issue. We'd see threads like "Enable third person?" And everyone would be like "no, fuck you kid." Lol. It's just a crutch that a lot of people got used to.

• Like 3

I think, if the game had never supported third person to begin with, this wouldn't even be an issue. We'd see threads like "Enable third person?" And everyone would be like "no, fuck you kid." Lol. It's just a crutch that a lot of people got used to.

Exactly, that's why the third person proponents hate these threads because their only valid argument is "we got used to it".

I fail to see a scenario where you see my mirror from 500 meters away before I see you though.

The only scenario I can see is the people who choose to be limited by first person against third Pearson is purely for PvP action. Go play a PvP FPS if you want that.

If the argument is about immersion: I can't play dayz at full quality because my current computer isn't good and I don't have the money to go buy a computer, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to play dayz because everything is horrible looking and stutters? There's no immersion in that.

If the argument is to make firefights more fair then use third person yourself.

Exactly. Many big shooter titles out there are first person only and no one complains. It's just that by allowing only 1st or 3rd person servers, MOST people will join third person servers because of this crutch, even if they like first person. It's a way to view what's on the "other side" without being exposed. Why play in a first person server where everyone is equal when I can go on a third person server and see someone who can't see me(even if they're using third person as well)? As I mentioned before.. You cannot beat third person with third person. You can beat first person with first person. It's a level playing field. I guarantee that's why the first person only servers on the mod died out.

Yeps, it's an established, integrated and advertised feature of the game.

Fuck dude, it's like you idiots try to be dumber and dumber in these debates, just to clutter the threads with bullshit nonsense.

No need for you petty insults. Go elsewhere with you views if you surly cannot learn to reason and respect others views.  Simple

Its not seeing a few extra inches side to side, its the natural 'presence' of all thats around you, that you can not simulate (with current tech) in a game. You get 'more' of that presence with third, and 'less' with first. Is how (IRL) you know right where your feet are without looking down... Your definition of 'immersion' and mine are different. Your computer monitor is different than mine. You set a different distance from that monitor than I do. You are not affected by the motion on screen the same as I. There are 1000 different variables between what you think is a good gaming experience and what I believe is a proper experience. Now, that all said, DayZ is not a game to cater to anyone. Thats not what core DayZ is about. However, there will be FPV servers shortly. I cordially invite you to play to your hearts content on those servers.

But again... that "presence" you get doesn't pin point where still enemies are around a corner... and 3rd person cameras do. That's a really cheap argument.

I think Arma's third person doesn't fit the survival horror genre Dayz is meant to fit. A good example of thirdperson that works in horror games is Deadspace's close, over the shoulder camera, which also doesn't allow manual movement of the camera.

Place the camera closer to the player and disable the looking around feature in third person only, and it should eliminate most of the exploiting while still keeping some level of tension and immersion.

• Like 1

Psychic abilities

merging

• Like 1

I fail to see a scenario where you see my mirror from 500 meters away before I see you though.

The only scenario I can see is the people who choose to be limited by first person against third Pearson is purely for PvP action. Go play a PvP FPS if you want that.

If the argument is about immersion: I can't play dayz at full quality because my current computer isn't good and I don't have the money to go buy a computer, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to play dayz because everything is horrible looking and stutters? There's no immersion in that.

If the argument is to make firefights more fair then use third person yourself.

Okay, I'll attempt to explain my stance to you. The whole mirror thing is dumb, if you can sit behind a wall 10ft in front of me and I can't see a mirror, then it's not justification for keeping third person view. Just drop that idea.

You(and others) claim that if we want first person only we must be big PVPers. I've personally never killed or even injured another player in over 100hrs of standalone, and I can count my kills in the mod on one hand. So, I'm about the furthest from a big pvper that you can find. My humanity in the mod was over 60,000.

The way I see it, the pvp'ers benefit greatly from having third person view. They can sit in the safety of complete cover, while either waiting for or watching their prey. They only have to expose themselves for a split second to take a shot, then quickly back down to cover. All the while, they're completely aware of their surroundings.

So, while I can go to great lengths to follow proper tactics, clearing treelines and moving to cover, all in an attempt to loot some beans and not get killed. It's all for nothing because a guy can sit on his ass on some rooftop out of sight of everybody, see me coming and pop up and take the shot.

Fuck third person, and fuck the horse it rode in on.

No need for you petty insults. Go elsewhere with you views if you surly cannot learn to reason and respect others views.  Simple

If you don't want to be called stupid, don't say stupid things. I'm not really here to insult you, but I'm not going to censor myself if I feel like you're being an idiot for the sake of being an idiot.

Don't reply to my posts and ignore the debate I'm trying to have with you guys. Simple.

• Like 3

The rooftop example is a great one...

in 3rd person servers (well.. all of them at the moment), it's barely worth scanning them knowing that someone could just be prone behind the raised edge and getting a bird's eye view of EVERYTHING in 360 degrees.