lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

well, removal of 3DP would probably fill two wishes. 

1. Would make DayZ a proper competitive multiplayer with little to no exploiting.

2. Would make the KoS crybabies happy - because would reduce the amount of periscope spotting (A LOT).

Lets face it, it's the number one problem with the game with the most benefit to the whole community, upon its removal. The only people complaining about its removal are the people who use it as a crutch and populate these forums (<1% of total players) The DayZ team needs to shed the ARMA/OFP playstyle and dictate their own. Most people really won't give a shit if 3rd person is removed altogether and WILL adapt, fast. A 'hardcore' hive just wont work. Neither will a VR DayZ + Oculus. Stop listening to these fucking 3DP CRUTCH CRYBABIES.

Edited by dystopeon
  • Like 6

Comparing the current sensitivity to the mod of any other top of the line fps (Battle field-cod etc).

It's terrible imo  It's not smooth and hard to adapt to.

Other games i can go from one to the other and play on much the same smooth quick/accurate sensitivity as for the SA you can't....

Note: Tell me how many people you see shoot down a range like that with great accuracy i can assure you not many ;) (referring to the picture)

I play battlefield 4, I don't think it should be easy to shoot though.

It isn't easy to shoot IRL, why make it easy to shoot just so guns can be even better.

It isn't like zombies are tough or you are at a large disadvantage to any other player.

If they improve the mouse, you may get better at shooting. But so will everybody else making trying to run from the currently realistic damage bullets impossible.

If they need to make the mouse a bit annoying to make the weapons authentic I would stand by that decision, but honestly I haven't noticed any mouse troubles at all.

Maybe my mouse isn't fancy enough and I have always been at this huge disadvantage and when I get a proper mouse it turns out I'm like the best player aimbot ever?

GIVE 3DP JUSTIFICATION FACT

no?

GIVE 3DP REMOVAL

Most 3P justification goes along the lines of, I like to play barbie and look at my back.

For which we have the player in the inventory screen.

• Like 4

They will never remove 3rd person, a lot of people love it and buy the game for that. The max that will happen is to allow custom servers to disable it like the mod.

did anyone bother to post this quote from rocket yet?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

Additional options for those hosting servers will be rolled out as soon as we can. We want to encourage a "hardcore" mode that will operate on a separate database, featuring things like first person only, no hide body, etc...

Edited by daze23
  • Like 4

Simply like this;

1. Remove 3rd person view.
2. Make the option to toggle Mouse Acceleration on/off enabled.
3. Add option to use Raw Mouse Input.

Problem solved.

*Humor* - "Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff (1st Person Only) will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me." - Jesse "The Body" Ventura as Blain.

Edited by dystopeon
  • Like 1

3rd person removed, finally 

Removed ... optionally.  Both children satisfied.

'We want to encourage a hardcore mode' - I wonder why?

rhetorical question?

I play battlefield 4, I don't think it should be easy to shoot though.

It isn't easy to shoot IRL, why make it easy to shoot just so guns can be even better.

It isn't like zombies are tough or you are at a large disadvantage to any other player.

If they improve the mouse, you may get better at shooting. But so will everybody else making trying to run from the currently realistic damage bullets impossible.

If they need to make the mouse a bit annoying to make the weapons authentic I would stand by that decision, but honestly I haven't noticed any mouse troubles at all.

Maybe my mouse isn't fancy enough and I have always been at this huge disadvantage and when I get a proper mouse it turns out I'm like the best player aimbot ever?

That logic is whacked  my friend...

I don't think it should be easy to shoot people??? really... 

Proper mouse sensitivity in any game realistic or not is a vital component.

Especially in Dayz, if you miss a shot sometimes that means your dead that cost hours,time and can potentially ruin the experience, all over something that you can't control (poor mouse sensitivity regardless how well you play)

Now tell me why would someone in their right mind make the sensitivity of their game annoying and hard to play with???

Perhaps to make the game harder? or the guns more authentic?  "You say"  Adding things like barrels sway, breathing or recoil when aiming down the sight may fix that, you don't need to penalize people in order to make a game harder. (That is plain stupidity)

Imo it's not about making the game easier is about making the basic stepping stones of this game properly.

And your last line suggesting if you get a better mouse it means you automatically become a better player like using an aim bot.  Any source? because I'm pretty sure my razor mouse never gave me hack v3.0 nor made me the best player neither...

• Like 1

I am sick to hear always word 'CHOICE' :huh:

give choice of heat seeker bullet and guys choosing :o

give choice for teleport to NWAF after spawn guys choosing  :|

give choice for anything what give advantage and make game easier 95% human choose this because is nature to find way less efforts more rewards

FUCK CHOICE when is ruin great game >:(

• Like 6

Will third person be removed in SA or will we still have to handle this via server splitting still?

If third person isn't going away, will we finally get standardized difficulty levels?

i.e.

-Rookie: third person on + w/e other aids needed

-Veteran: third person off - other aids

I'd do more of an in depth discussion but I think this topic has been argued over long enough anyway.  If Rocket hadn't allowed third person in the first place, this problem wouldn't have existed at all.

I'm a third person/thirst person player. I will be playing on rookie servers

People arguing to keep 3rd person in SA, I think should try a few long sessions of 1st person only ACE+ACRE Domination/Insergents. I was skeptical at first about removing 3rd person, but after experiencing the intensity of being pinned down with a squad behind a wrecked tank (by AI mind you) I changed my mind. I think that most people think 3rd person should be kept because they have not tried to experience anything in 1st person only. Its one thing to try it for a bit on a server that allows both perspectives, where you quickly resort to third because its easier and everyone else is doing it, and a completely different thing to have it enforced.

As said earlier: try first person only DayZ or ArmA2. It offers a far better experience, even with its slight limitations. You will get used to it. I did.

• Like 6

I am also fine with 3rd person view. Just give us the possibility to play on HC/1st person only servers and everything will be fine. DayZ ist THAT game where you can play the way you like it. 1st person, 3rd person, KoS-bandit, vampire-bandit, whatever.

I think everyone should have to be forced to smoke crack when they play DayZ,

I smoke Crack when I play DayZ,

it isn't fair to me!

Server owners get to decide.

Edited by iDash

It's a game. It doesn't have to be 100% realistic. Whilst 3rd person might give unfair advantages, it's still nice to have it whilst roaming around. Constant first person would get boring as hell, really. Server owners should have the option of enabling/disabling 3rd person.

We aren't asking for 100% realism. We're giving good factual reasons why 3dp shouldn't be in the game.

I am still yet to hear a valid fact that suggests 3rd person is better than 1st person.

First person is no more boring than third person is. How is it boring as hell? That's a matter of opinion. You also put it in a way that suggests you've never played it. 

Just because you think it might be 'nice to have' is not a valid reason for keeping 3dp and it's unfair advantages as you say.

Having as50's might be 'nice to have' as well...

Edited by thehet

All this talk of completely removing third person from the game  :facepalm:. It doesn't need to be removed completely to force everyone to play with the perspective you like to play with. Simple solution which has been brought up many times in this thread and others, servers can decide whether to be First Person only, Third Person only, or both. I bet this is how it will be the more the game progresses.

I remember saying Mr. R that he would not allow third person, or would somehow limit it to when running and such. I don't mind if it's removed, I like the first person better, makes it easier to shoot and respond to any situation, however I use third person most of the times as it really gives you an advantage at overlooking interiors, places, etcetera. If everyone has access to that advantage I would have a disadvantage by not using it; yet if none were allowed to have an advantage then it would be fair for all. Just like the argument for the gamma trick; while it's there it will be used, there for, people who refuse to use it lose greatly over those who use it.

Well said

DayZ ist THAT game where you can play the way you like it. 1st person, 3rd person, KoS-bandit, vampire-bandit, whatever.

Whatever? Then I chose hacks.

DayZ is that game were one guy decided to put you in misery. It's not designed for personal comfort.