lev

Third person view removal from SA discussion

It's an exploit it allows you to see things you would ordinarily never be able to see.

Like I said best solution is to keep third person view but lock the camera so it faces the player from the front like so.

How is this a good solution when it doesn't do what people want it to do?

I'm sure its been said, but I need to say it myself.

Why cant you people just make your own, first person only servers? Seriously.

Why should people have their gameplay altered just because a few people dont like a feature?

Because this is a forum for a video game that boasts realism and at the moment, playing in 3rd person completely contradicts that. The fact that people enjoy it is irrelevant. 

I'm sure tons of people enjoyed the UI health/thirst/hunger meters and stealth meter.. but again, those contradict what Rocket says he's trying to do with this game so he removed them.

As usual it comes back to removing the ability to see what your character cannot see. If we could get any idea that they are or will be working on something like that I'd totally back off. As it stands, I see it as a massive failure in design. Despite however many people enjoy it.

• Like 2

I'm sure its been said, but I need to say it myself.

Why cant you people just make your own, first person only servers? Seriously.

Why should people have their gameplay altered just because a few people dont like a feature?

Because it is not a gameplay feature is a game breaking exploit and crutch.

Because this is a forum for a video game that boasts realism and at the moment, playing in 3rd person completely contradicts that. The fact that people enjoy it is irrelevant. 

I'm sure tons of people enjoyed the UI health/thirst/hunger meters and stealth meter.. but again, those contradict what Rocket says he's trying to do with this game so he removed them.

As usual it comes back to removing the ability to see what your character cannot see. If we could get any idea that they are or will be working on something like that I'd totally back off. As it stands, I see it as a massive failure in design. Despite however many people enjoy it.

But if many players like it it it won't just get removed. Why are you raging against third person anyway? We have fps-only servers now, go play on them.

• Like 1

DayZ is not a fps.

DayZ mod was not a fps.

ArmA 3, ArmA 2 and Armed Assault weren't fps games either.

Operation Flashpoint wasn't either.

Would anybody care about either of those games without first person perspective?

we all agree 3rd person camera needs work not removal.

you sure about that? I think some people here would fight any significant changes made to 3rd person

Would anybody care about either of those games without first person perspective?

First person perspective is just as important as third person and tactical view, why would you remove first person perspective from these games?
  • Like 1

Because it is not a gameplay feature is a game breaking exploit and crutch.

in game option = exploit and crutch. enjoy your dead servers lol :D

Oh, please make 3rd person only servers! Please!

Or remove it completely from DayZ! Would be great. Then I can finally delete it from my harddrive and leave you guys to your console style gaming.

I'd only be curious how many actually would play this game without 1st person view.

Far more than you can imagine, obviously. ;)

First person perspective is just as important as third person and tactical view, why would you remove first person perspective from these games?

Third person view is not needed in DayZ. You can live without it perfectly and enjoy the game as much as other first person games. The problems with DayZ are more the controls and not the perspective. There's no other game where moving up or down a ladder or even opening a door is that much of a hazzle.

I'd be curious to see how many really would play this game if it had FPV removed. I'd guess it wouldn't be remebered. I also guess that 100% of the 3PP lovers here switch to 1PP all the time and they most likely could not have any fun if 1PP would be removed.

I can see why they complain though. They haven't played long enough (since Op.Fl.) to learn how to use 3rd person correctly when being followed/hunted. They just don't want to be bothered with the learning curve thus deleting becomes a better option. 

• Like 2

Just played myself for maybe 3 hours and seriously, removing the third person view is absolutely out of question at present. The controls and moving is so clunky, laggy and chewy - worse than in the mod - I can't believe that's even a debate. Sure it has to stay in. Rubber banding, warping forth and back, through walls... you are so often disoriented due to that, happens you are running completely into the opposite direction without noticing. While in 3rd person I at least have an idea what happens. Because I saw that I just somehow warped downstairs, backwards trough the kitchen, through the wall and back, ending up somewhere in the neighbours house.

Yep, it's alpher, one day it will be a smoothe and fluent gameplay experience, but this still will take a serious share of time. Until then, for me removing 3rd person is not even close to be considered.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

Third person view is not needed in DayZ. You can live without it perfectly and enjoy the game as much as other first person games. The problems with DayZ are more the controls and not the perspective. There's no other game where moving up or down a ladder or even opening a door is that much of a hazzle.

I'd be curious to see how many really would play this game if it had FPV removed. I'd guess it wouldn't be remebered. I also guess that 100% of the 3PP lovers here switch to 1PP all the time and they most likely could not have any fun if 1PP would be removed.

Who are you to tell us how we enjoy the game? Are you seriously going to tell some of us who have been playing games on this engine for over a decade that we will enjoy it in only first person? You are clueless. 

• Like 1

But if many players like it it it won't just get removed. Why are you raging against third person anyway? We have fps-only servers now, go play on them.

I'm not going to repeat myself for a 5th or 6th time. Stop with that shitty canned response. 

Just for the sake of being unpleasant? Nope, 1st person belongs to the game as exactly as the 3rd person does.

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

I'm not going to repeat myself for a 5th or 6th time. Stop with that shitty canned response. 

sad that next to no one wants to play your way so your going to continue to try and force your unwanted playstyle onto others? 

I can see why they complain though. They haven't played long enough (since Op.Fl.) to learn how to use 3rd person correctly when being followed/hunted. They just don't want to be bothered with the learning curve thus deleting becomes a better option. 

That's a massive pile of bullshit you got there.

How do I use 3rd person correctly when I'm covering a door in a building and someone else 3rd person ghosts the corner of it to see exactly where I am in the room and then strafe fires around the corner killing me instantly before I even have a chance to react?

Please teach me. Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing.

how exactly does one use 3rd person correctly when being followed/hunted?

We've learned quickly how ridiculous combat with 3PP enabled is. Maybe you folks have played to long with 3PP and forgot how to fight without it.

"It has been there since forever" is no valid argument at all. There was a time slavery was completely normal...for centuries...but it was the right thing to get rid of it.

We've learned quickly how ridiculous combat with 3PP enabled is. Maybe you folks have played to long with 3PP and forgot how to fight without it.

"It has been there since forever" is no valid argument at all. There was a time slavery was completely normal...for centuries...but it was the right thing to get rid of it.

Because the camera in a game is the same as slavery, seriously some people on this forum are a special kind of stupid.

Who are you to tell us how we enjoy the game? Are you seriously going to tell some of us who have been playing games on this engine for over a decade that we will enjoy it in only first person? You are clueless.

You guys are really really bad in reading, understanding and therefore argueing.

I bet you guys enjoy yourselves in 3PP. Nobody doubted that.

You can't enjoy this game without it? Well, poor little thing! Can't walk without crutches. Sad story.

Because the camera in a game is the same as slavery, seriously some people on this forum are a special kind of stupid.

Some argueing here is indeed a special kind of stupid. I'm sorry you didn't understand.

You guys are really really bad in reading, understanding and therefore argueing.

I bet you guys enjoy yourselves in 3PP. Nobody doubted that.

You can't enjoy this game without it? Well, poor little thing! Can't walk without crutches. Sad story.

Were bad at arguing? you just said the camera in a game is the same as slavery buddy, thats the most retarded argument made in this entire thread.

Hmm, could it be be that you just tried to associate with slavery what we associate with freedom?

Already had the impression that you just don't want to hear what folks is trying to say. 3rd person is wanted and needed and all persistance in the oposite wont change that.

Edited by Ken Bean

the point is the appeal to tradition isn't valid