booshee

Zombies as a cure for KOS

The thing is, zombies SHOULD be #1 threat in this game, they should be enough pain in the ass (directly and indirectly through epidemic) for bandits and less deathmatch focused players so that killing another player becomes a secondary thing. Every trip to the nearby village should be the worst thing ever, then KOS people wouldn’t have time to aim at players, they would have enough real "problems" around. You are not so keen on sniping and camping with dozens of really aggressive zombies reacting to your every move or noise. Just a suggestion: Please! Please make this game HARDCORE and DIFFICULT than ever, where players think about each bullet before firing. Waste the bullet on a player or kill the next zombie on your way. Zombies should be tougher, few bullets in the chest or a head shot (two bullets in the head on random), 3-4 strikes with the axe into the head to bring single zombie down, add some REALLY aggressive behaviour, noise and movement detection +1 and increase the number of zombies to “hordes of infected everywhere”. Outnumbered and dying players will focus on real threats in the zombie apocalypse, I guess. All the holiday best to “the bohemians” and all you crazy bastards in the forums. Cheers.

P.s. if people want deathmatch style, why not create few servers with zombie turned off for the biggest warriors :] it will be all about drinking, eating and shooting guns.

• Like 15

So your saying i will have to attempt to use my suicide button more often.? :P

This. I desperately want there to be scenarios when 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Two random people teaming up, back to back in order to hold back the onslaught.

Best. Death. Ever.

Edited by Merrick362
  • Like 2

I agree in part, with this suggestion.... However....

It would be nice to have a few things fixed prior to implementation of a system like this IE:  Zombies currently no-clipping through everything.....

• Like 1

Kos is necessary.

Maybe in CoD. KoS is the cancer that kills DayZ

It's been stated about 100.004.143 times that zombies should become a real threat, being even more dangerous than players. All we can do now is just have faith in devs and their plans.

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 3

KoS... KoS Will never change.

On a serious note, I believe the PvP will be balanced once bullets are made sacred and zombies work as intended. If you have very few bullets you will think about them. Especially if the gear gets ruined after killing someone. And double especially if any shot can get you an horde of 30 zombies on your way.

Personally not a KoS'r in the mod i used to stick near elektro and stalk new players. basically acted as a gaurdian angle killed a few people that attempted to kill them. In SA i have done some banditry with the handcuffs but i never KoS on purpose. Point to all this is a think KoS add's spice to what would normally be a very bland game.

i don't understand people wanting to completely remove KoS. Enemy players are the primary threat in this game, not the zombies. Zombies should be difficult, definitely, but if it was purely people vs zombies, it'd be a more in depth "Left 4 Dead." The excitement comes from encountering people who may try to end your life. or people who's life you will try and end.

Without KoS this game becomes pointless.

i don't understand people wanting to completely remove KoS. Enemy players are the primary threat in this game, not the zombies. Zombies should be difficult, definitely, but if it was purely people vs zombies, it'd be a more in depth "Left 4 Dead." The excitement comes from encountering people who may try to end your life. or people who's life you will try and end.

I don't want to remove KOS, I want it to be in the game as one of the causes of death but it cannot be a MAIN GOAL, some people play this game to beat their score in killed players,

KOS should have a reason

• Like 2

I think no one really wants to ->completely<- remove PVP. (Some) People simply want some aspects that lower the "needless" (as perceived) PVP, or rather, things that directly or indirectly encourage more social interaction, even if just out of despair.

• Like 1

That's what needs to be changed, zombies SHOULD be the #1 threat for all players. KoS is good sometimes just to add to the game the feeling of danger from other players but when it becomes CoD where everyone is shooting everyone without even thinking twice something is definetely wrong

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

The thing is, zombies SHOULD be #1 threat in this game, they should be enough pain in the ass (directly and indirectly through epidemic) for bandits and less deathmatch focused players so that killing another player becomes a secondary thing. Every trip to the nearby village should be the worst thing ever, then KOS people wouldn’t have time to aim at players, they would have enough real "problems" around. You are not so keen on sniping and camping with dozens of really aggressive zombies reacting to your every move or noise. Just a suggestion: Please! Please make this game HARDCORE and DIFFICULT than ever, where players think about each bullet before firing. Waste the bullet on a player or kill the next zombie on your way. Zombies should be tougher, few bullets in the chest or a head shot (two bullets in the head on random), 3-4 strikes with the axe into the head to bring single zombie down, add some REALLY aggressive behaviour, noise and movement detection +1 and increase the number of zombies to “hordes of infected everywhere”. Outnumbered and dying players will focus on real threats in the zombie apocalypse, I guess. All the holiday best to “the bohemians” and all you crazy bastards in the forums. Cheers.

P.s. if people want deathmatch style, why not create few servers with zombie turned off for the biggest warriors :] it will be all about drinking, eating and shooting guns.

You're emulating one of the most popular topics on the forum prior to the alpha release. It's pretty clear that the ideas layed down there are being taken very seriously when it comes to SA develpment.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/20112-the-only-realistic-way-to-prevent-deathmatching-make-dayz-a-living-hell/

Edited by Bribase

Make Zombies the No1 threat. Make them a fast, agile, jumping, biting, scratching, headshot-to-be-killed horde that keeps on coming, no matter what. That is my dream.

Edit: After they are fixed ofc :P

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 2

That's what needs to be changed, zombies SHOULD be the #1 threat for all players. KoS is good sometimes just to add to the game the feeling of danger from other players but when it becomes CoD where everyone is shooting everyone without even thinking twice something is definetely wrong

The point is that there should be a knock on effect; You kill a man for as little as his fishing pole or his spare matches, not for sport but because the risk of going to the city is too great.

It would definitely decrease KoS and encourage teamwork, yet it won't totally remove KoS. It's a good idea though, and I think devs are already planning this. 

While i agree zombies should be feared, I completely disagree with your suggestion.

Zombies should not be tougher IMO, quite the contrary, they should go down easier but they should also be more lethal, they should:

1. Have the ability to strike while running and not have to stop before they do like it's currently the case.

2. Kill in one or two hits. Make the first hit like a 50% chance to die, and even if you don't die from it, this hit should infect you, your character should get sick, until the point he dies and resurrect as a zombie while the AI takes over and you have to restart the game.

But to balance it out, they should still go down easier. It's a bit of a joke that we have to dance around them striking them a hundred times with a wrench before they die.

You're emulating one of the most popular topics on the forum prior to the alpha release. It's pretty clear that the ideas layed down there are being taken very seriously when it comes to SA develpment.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/20112-the-only-realistic-way-to-prevent-deathmatching-make-dayz-a-living-hell/

you are halucinating there is nothing before Alpher release;) cheers mate, haven't spotted that. So now we have topic after the release.

Zeds should be an absolute threat, hit hard, die hard and a complete pain in the ass. This is in fact a Horror Survival Game and Zeds need to be at the forefront, not a minor annoyance like the Mod. Am I saying get rid of PvP? Of course not, but with Zeds being the way they should be I think the KOS mentality will be diminished. Obviously there is a difference in KOS and proper PvP, well imo there is.

Should they be headshot only? No. They should take a few body shots(3,4 maybe 5) and a headshot will kill it instantly. With the Zeds being an actual threat people will have to consciously think about wasting those bullets killing other players on a whim. "Should I take that shot and risk being killed by zeds?"

I have faith in Rocket and the Devs to make Zeds the way they're supposed to be, we'll just have to wait and see.

More zombies will change things. Not stronger ones. Zombies should be a threat, but I never want to see one zombie be more threatening than one player. That's just not logical.

If we have to deal with multiple zombies any time we encounter them, you're going to want friends with you. Currently, I can run around all alone with a fireaxe and slaughter any zombies in my way. Send a hoard of 10 at me, and I'll be wanting some backup.

More zombies, means players are more than just walking lootbags, they're potential coop partners keeping your ass alive.

• Like 1

More zombies will change things. Not stronger ones. Zombies should be a threat, but I never want to see one zombie be more threatening than one player. That's just not logical.

If we have to deal with multiple zombies any time we encounter them, you're going to want friends with you. Currently, I can run around all alone with a fireaxe and slaughter any zombies in my way. Send a hoard of 10 at me, and I'll be wanting some backup.

More zombies, means players are more than just walking lootbags, they're potential coop partners keeping your ass alive.

I agree. I think the Walking Dead zombies are the most logical ones ever thought up and there should be similar ones in DayZ. Ones that are easy enough to take down and not supersonic but vicious as hell.

I brought up the fact in another post that these are not actual Zeds like the movies but infected people. In saying that, being infected could logically give them the ability to take more damage and give more damage. If someone on ICE, Meth or insert hardcore drug here, can take multiple body shots and have almost super human strength. Why can't an infected?

I do agree with having more of them as well. Yes I am all for difficulty and if you went to my Mod server you would know how I want Zeds to be. Tough, Hit hard and lots more of them.  ;)

As they are now... One shot kills is a bit of a joke(I know Alpha) and is subject to change but Zeds really need to be hardcore NOT an after thought.

I brought up the fact in another post that these are not actual Zeds like the movies but infected people. In saying that, being infected could logically give them the ability to take more damage and give more damage. If someone on ICE, Meth or insert hardcore drug here, can take multiple body shots and have almost super human strength. Why can't an infected?

I do agree with having more of them as well. Yes I am all for difficulty and if you went to my Mod server you would know how I want Zeds to be. Tough, Hit hard and lots more of them.  ;)

As they are now... One shot kills is a bit of a joke(I know Alpha) and is subject to change but Zeds really need to be hardcore NOT an after thought.

Sure, in a fist fight I wouldn't want to go shot for shot with a zombie and win. But, the uninfected use weapons and act intelligently, that should not be compensated for by making zombies stronger/deadlier. Even if they weren't zombies, but actual Russian soldiers, they still wouldn't be as deadly as the human players. AI never is, and in the quest to make them deadly, game developers usually give them super human abilities like aim bot and wall hacks. Zombies driven by AI will always be less of a threat then human controlled players. Trying to change that is just going to hurt the game in my opinion.

Edited by bad_mojo

zombies are not a cure for anything they are just janky things that get in the way of the sweet pvp in dayz.

Zombies add absolutely nothing to the game thats why people loved wasteland.