Sign in to follow this  
QUAZIMOFO

I can barely get started

The game is awesome and I'm enjoying it for the most part. However I dont ever live for very long. I just start getting some gear after a respawn and some a-hole always kills me. If I have lots of gear and someone less fortunate comes along I give what I can spare.

Are the majority of the players in this game just following a shoot on sight mentality? If so that will potentially ruin this game for decent players. I never even get to react, it's just bang Im dead and I dont even see the person 99% of the time. Filling a water bottle, pop, dead. Looting a house, bang, dead. Its becoming tedious to keep starting over and over again only to keep getting killed by a-hole players.

team up! Not everyone is bad but most are. I only shoot if i feel the person is a threat if i see someone at a water pump ill just lay hidden until they move on. I ususaly try not to help players now becuase my last few encounters resulted in being chased for about 30 minutes by a guy with an axe lol

Don't team up; everyone you team up with will pressure you into becoming the very kind of asshole you hate!

When joining a server, filter by player count. Join servers <15 and loot low-intensity areas (small towns other than Kamenka) until you've got a backpack, melee weapon, and those annoying "You are thirsty" messages go away, then change to a 30+ player server and really play the game

don't team up? i guess all those close encounters i went through when i got saved by my 4 groupmates where for nothing then :C becuase you know you can give yourself a blood transufion and everything

Don't team up; everyone you team up with will pressure you into becoming the very kind of asshole you hate!

Orrrr just join a group that aren't assholes?

• Like 1

...those exist?

Yerp they do. Albiet sneaky and somewhat reclusive i try to help most people i come in contact with escpecially if they dont have a ranged weapon (as i can ususlay outrun them since i have a few cantines and plenty of food to spare). for armed people i ususaly won't hep them and if ido i have ot be with m ygroup as there is strength in numbers

Your best bet is teaming up with someone you trust.

Beans just for the picture, had me in stitches. i am not racist though :beans:

Edited by dayzhopeful

When joining a server, filter by player count. Join servers <15 and loot low-intensity areas (small towns other than Kamenka) until you've got a backpack, melee weapon, and those annoying "You are thirsty" messages go away, then change to a 30+ player server and really play the game

You don't need to do this. Just run away from the coast and get your gear on your way up north. :)