Matej (DayZ)

Easter Eggs? Aliens? Mysteries? [Official]

Same helicopter crash but with some of the loot I found shown.

9185.png

bj0f.png

haha...excellent theory, well explained and documented...very bizarre twist at the end... :thumbsup:

Have you looked up the translation of the sign, yet? Someone in this thread has a funny theory.

• Like 1

I'd gather that the loot for the helicopter crashes is a placeholder.

That and has anyone found any foreguard mods for the AKM? Seems the stock and foreguard are separate pieces. I know they spoke about having the folding AKMS stock, but haven't heard anything about the foreguard.

That, and has anyone been able to paint any pieces of the AKM?

hmm - the SIGN - I think Applejaxc is misled pretty much..

how about this for a better translation ?

http://www.reddit.co...ussian_text/

Xо 23.04.2074
ид зтом меиме 
располачаля
гач земаи
шлцаъ

" ... ... this meme located underground salsa/ "   [/ "underground shirts"  ?]

xx

Edited by pilgrim

So, I went to play some experimental and was greeted with LOTS of good changes but the three top noticeable things that I was excited to see were 1. Cows 2. Sign on top of circular pad with Russian gibberish 3. Helicopter Crashes, which were modeled as UH-60s. (Quite a bit of loot too). BTW There is a lot of rubberbanding, and I will be updating this thread with more pictures as go about my experimental experience. :)

Be warned, I will be putting up huge pictures with no re-sizing.

Here are some of the pictures I have taken. (And I'm sorry if the sign was already there, I just never ever heard or seen it before!)

5kj6.png

9kl1.png

mn38.png

1tbu.png

perk.png

czep.jpg

9ien.jpg

The End! :)

You explode that cow. You explode it good.

I'd gather that the loot for the helicopter crashes is a placeholder.

That and has anyone found any foreguard mods for the AKM? Seems the stock and foreguard are separate pieces. I know they spoke about having the folding AKMS stock, but haven't heard anything about the foreguard.

That, and has anyone been able to paint any pieces of the AKM?

Yea, most likely placeholder, but I did find more loot at the crash just not gonna spam the thread with loot pics. xD 

No, haven't found anything with a AKMS stock, and haven't painted any pieces yet.

• Like 1

I have not seen that pistol yet, but I will be playing the experimental later in a bit to find it for you. However, I would suggest sticking around this Reddit post because it is all about what people have been finding in the experimental.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/264oyq/dayz_experimental_4512499_discussion_updates/

thanks a lot!

haha...excellent theory, well explained and documented...very bizarre twist at the end... :thumbsup:

You're as damned to Hell as I am now. XD

You explode that cow. You explode it good.

But me no want to hurt cow. ;_;

But me no want to hurt cow. ;_;

You eater kill it to get meat or you starve. Being a vegan will only get you so far lol.

Curious to know about trees as well, I assume the felled trees reset upon server restart at this time. Can anyone vouch for this?

The developers (dunno if it was Rocket or someone else) said the trees will "stay there" when felled, which was pretty vague.

Gave it my best shot.

Xо 23.04.2074
ид зтом меиме 
располачаля
гач земаи
шлцаъ

"UNKNOWN"o 23.04.2074
id this X
located
slack zeman
shltsa

Anyone wanna try it out?

Edited by Plankt0n
  • Like 2

Have you looked up the translation of the sign, yet? Someone in this thread has a funny theory.

LMAO yup that explains it.

I hope those cows are placeholders for something. They look just like the mods, any hint of new AI on them atall...that's the big one im waiting for??

Gave it my best shot.

Xо 23.04.2074
ид зтом меиме 
располачаля
гач земаи
шлцаъ

"UNKNOWN"o 23.04.2074
id this X
located
slack zeman
shltsa

Anyone wanna try it out?

I'll give it a go when I get off work in about an hour. I have a pretty discerning eye after spending hours upon hours looking at Russian and Czech signs throughout Chernarus and translating them for fun.

Oddly enough one part you translated as "ID this X"... and just yesterday I made a comment to my buddy about how there was a pair of crossed trees at the edge of a pond along the southern coast. This could lead to the best hunt of all :)

What looks like a date ("23.04.2074") could mean that this is a time capsule of sorts? It kind of looks like one.

Edited by Tatanko

LMAO yup that explains it.

I'm so happy people got on board with this. I was expecting a moderator to send me a strongly worded notification of disapproval.

Curious to know about trees as well, I assume the felled trees reset upon server restart at this time. Can anyone vouch for this?

The developers (dunno if it was Rocket or someone else) said the trees will "stay there" when felled, which was pretty vague.

Would you like me to check right now? I can if you want although I do not have a wood axe. :/

Gave it my best shot.

Xо 23.04.2074
ид зтом меиме 
располачаля
гач земаи
шлцаъ

"UNKNOWN"o 23.04.2074
id this X
located
slack zeman
shltsa

Anyone wanna try it out?

Thanks for helping out. :) If you want more info...well the sign and it's concrete circle were like 60-100 meters away from this exact Helicopter Crash.

I hope those cows are placeholders for something. They look just like the mods, any hint of new AI on them atall...that's the big one im waiting for??

Yes, they are placeholders. Rocket just said it on Reddit and said that the new ones were still being touched up. Also, these animals did have a curious A.I. because every time I went close to them they ran away albeit really slow.

I'll give it a go when I get off work in about an hour. I have a pretty discerning eye after spending hours upon hours looking at Russian and Czech signs throughout Chernarus and translating them for fun.

Oddly enough one part you translated as "ID this X"... and just yesterday I made a comment to my buddy about how there was a pair of crossed trees at the edge of a pond along the southern coast. This could lead to the best hunt of all :)

What looks like a date ("23.04.2074") could mean that this is a time capsule of sorts? It kind of looks like one.

Like I told the other guy, this was not very far at all from the Heli crash site so IDK if this has any connections. ^-^

Would you like me to check right now? I can if you want although I do not have a wood axe. :/

Any feedback would be most appreciated! I'm without a decent PC for a few weeks.

Any feedback would be most appreciated! I'm without a decent PC for a few weeks.

I will try to find a axe later today but that's if the servers are not rubberbanding me like crazy.

Check out the main experimental findings thread on the DayZ subreddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/264oyq/dayz_experimental_4512499_discussion_updates/

• Like 1

Oh man heli crashes!  I missed those, that ought to get a few more people around the map.

The only problem is, that unless they've got exclusive loot, there still won't be enough incentive for the majority of people to go looking for them.  I really hope they start putting some of the new weapons exclusive to different parts of the map, at least for now to get people moving around again. 

I would put up the video I took with Fraps of the Crash but it's 8+ GBs and I don't want to put up with the wait time on YouTube.

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Oh man heli crashes!  I missed those, that ought to get a few more people around the map.

The only problem is, that unless they've got exclusive loot, there still won't be enough incentive for the majority of people to go looking for them.  I really hope they start putting some of the new weapons exclusive to different parts of the map, at least for now to get people moving around again. 

Yeah, there aren't enough rare items nowadays for them to really justify helicopter crashes (although, I think it's a good time to start implementing and tweaking the system itself).

But they need, more than ever, a wide variety of "high-end" loot to put at these places. Otherwise, they're no more advantageous than the vast amounts of military spawns we've got all over the map now. Never mind that folks can get an AK in a police station. Granted, this all depends on how they balance the loot. But I expect to find some pretty gnarly stuff at helicopter crashes, reminiscent (though not as overwhelming) of the mod.

And that sort of stuff just hasn't been implemented yet.

Edited by Katana67

Yeah, there aren't enough rare items nowadays for them to really justify helicopter crashes (although, I think it's a good time to start implementing and tweaking the system itself).

But they need, more than ever, a wide variety of "high-end" loot to put at these places. Otherwise, they're no more advantageous than the vast amounts of military spawns we've got all over the map now. Never mind that folks can get an AK in a police station. Granted, this all depends on how they balance the loot. But I expect to find some pretty gnarly stuff at helicopter crashes, reminiscent (though not as overwhelming) of the mod.

I'm about to try it out in a bit again in the same server as I originally found these in. Hopefully it is still there. If it is I will post more what I have found. :)

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with adding in the crashes yet either.

It's a bit of a sidetrack for this thread I guess but I went ahead and made a reddit post about the topic.

I never post on reddit and learned that formatting sucks on there, and my post turned into a bit of a wall of text.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/265gzh/make_new_weapons_exclusivemore_prevalent_to/

• Like 1